Close

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    I dont think thats the answer..these people are criminals, and theyll break the law to get what they want, and if they cant find a gun..maybe they find something worse (homemade explosives?)..i just really think people are the problem more than guns being the problem
    We have plenty of criminals too. They're not students though going into schools shooting their classmates.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I know what you're saying but isn't it interesting that this has NEVER happened in a school up here? CT is not far away at all right?

but there are a lot less people in canada then here in the US..the chances of that happening in a less populated area are going to be less than they would be here..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    We have plenty of criminals too. They're not students though going into schools shooting their classmates.

thats true..this country is just $#@!ed up right now..dont really know how else to say it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but there are a lot less people in canada then here in the US..the chances of that happening in a less populated area are going to be less than they would be here..
    Ok, fine, Russia? That's really not a good argument. 35 million people is a large enough sample to have at least one of these happen and yet it doesn't. IMHO lock the guns down, this $#@! keeps happening guys
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, fine, Russia? That's really not a good argument. 35 million people is a large enough sample to have at least one of these happen and yet it doesn't. IMHO lock the guns down.
    I guess my point is that we have ahad our gun rights since the birth of our country, yet it seems like only recently these horrible thinhs have been happening..i just really think society is the problem, not the guns..like i said..if guns were banned, this guy would have probaly found something else to do this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know what you're saying but isn't it interesting that this has NEVER happened in a school up here? CT is not far away at all right?
    It is interesting, and I hope it never does happen, up there or anywhere, ever again. Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US. They also have one of, if not the, highest murder rates in the US.

It's always tempting to try and limit access to guns in the wake of these events. For those that want to break the law in ways such as this guy did, breaking gun laws is trivial. And just as we have a black market for illegal drugs in this country, enacting more and more strict gun laws will only lead to a greater presence of a gun black market.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Lock down knives too. And cars. And alcohol. And lighter fluid. Evil people will commit evil, no matter the tool used.
    +1

If it wasnt a gun, it wouldve been something worse (baseball bat, biological attack, knives, etc).

Really sad that this happened. I didnt hear about it until about an hour ago. Totally insane...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont think thats the answer..these people are criminals, and theyll break the law to get what they want, and if they cant find a gun..maybe they find something worse (homemade explosives?)..i just really think people are the problem more than guns being the problem
    I'd start with the guns and work from there. Its not really that easy for a kid in high school to make home made explosives. Anything is possible but start with the obvious at least, take them AWAY, seriously
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well said whoosh, but everyone does have the right to their own opinion..personally I agree with you..a gun ban isnt the answer IMO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    +1

If it wasnt a gun, it wouldve been something worse (baseball bat, biological attack, knives, etc).

Really sad that this happened. I didnt hear about it until about an hour ago. Totally insane...
    I agree with you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with you
    I would hate to be the police/paramedics responding to this. And i cant even imagine the parents thoughts...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guns are "the" means of how they keep doing this. Easy access to them makes it even more appealing. I never quite understood the infatuation with guns in the US. Yes, I do understand how the country was built around them, part of history, but times change. This is clearly something that needs to be really looked into changing among possibly other things in the society. Considering how much people enjoy having guns I'm worried that that love towards them in the wrong hands is exactly the cause for these shootings. Such a sad day for the families, can't even begin to imagine. Start with the easy things, take the guns away and get to work on mental health.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lock down knives too. And cars. And alcohol. And lighter fluid. Evil people will commit evil, no matter the tool used.
    I'm sorry but that is a BS statement brought up every time gun from is brought up. All of those items have legitimate purposes completely independent of killing. A gun's sole purpose from conception to design to pruduction is maximum damage to flesh per round.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guns are "the" means of how they keep doing this. Easy access to them makes it even more appealing. I never quite understood the infatuation with guns in the US. Yes, I do understand how the country was built around them, part of history, but times changes. This is clearly something that needs to be really looked into among possibly others. Considering how much people enjoy having guns I'm worried that that love towards them in the wrong hands is exactly the cause for these shootings. Such a sad day for the families, can't even begin to imagine.
    it really is a sad day, and no parent should ever have to go through what they are going through. I know what you are saying, and I respect your opinion, I really do...but personally I think stricter gun control is better than an outright ban..evil people will do evil things, regardless of the law

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The recent shootings show the regress our society is in, morally.

I personally attribute religion towards morality, it gives people a base and a belief, and as we all know, if you don't believe in something, you believe everything. (morally speaking)

my .02

Guns will be found and used for illegal activity, if we "ban" guns, nobody will be able to shoot back and the criminal. Now how safe does that sound?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry but that is a BS statement brought up every time gun from is brought up. All of those items have legitimate purposes completely independent of killing. A gun's sole purpose from conception to design to pruduction is maximum damage to flesh per round.
    and to provide self defense..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    The recent shootings show the regress our society is in, morally.

my .02
    agreed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how things may have been different if someone in the school had a cwp..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and to provide self defense..
    Exactly. We hear about the idiots like this guy that kill innocents, but often don't hear about the times a gun is used in self defense. We very, very rarely hear when a gun is shown to defuse a situation, because the criminal won't call it in to the news, and the person defended by the gun usually isnt going to call the cops.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly. We hear about the idiots like this guy that kill innocents, but often don't hear about the times a gun is used in self defense. We very, very rarely hear when a gun is shown to defuse a situation, because the criminal won't call it in to the news, and the person defended by the gun usually isnt going to call the cops.

well said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks no no How do you think taking away everyone's legal properly used guns would "fix" a criminal problem? That has a socially driven mental issue.

Do you really think that someone that is going to go shoot a bunch of people care if the gun is "legal"?

Do you think that it would honestly be harder for a criminal that plans on killing himself after to find a illegal gun if it there was a "ban" in the US? Really?

If you answered "yes it would be harder" think about all of the illegal pot that is moved all over the US, all illegal, not hard to find..

The mall shooting last week, the guns used where all stolen ILLEGAL guns (just a fact).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    look at mexico..some of the strongest gun laws in the world..yet the leading cause of death in mexico is gun violence..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how things may have been different if someone in the school had a cwp..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

The lady mentioned who wanted to go for her .38 was a champion target shooter. No doubt, had she had her pistol on her instead of in her car, that incident would have ended much differently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would actually say, if everyone had a weapon and was properly trained with it, there would be less crime..

Someone walks into a school/mall/movie theater and takes a few shots, someone with a pistol returns fire and neutralizes the shooter. Problem de-escalated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

The lady mentioned who wanted to go for her .38 was a champion target shooter. No doubt, had she had her pistol on her instead of in her car, that incident would have ended much differently.
    man thats horrible..from now on, my gun goes everywhere I do

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast