Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    I just had a look at the website and it looks as though he has 2 different kits. 1 is for the S65/M3 and the other is the the N54 135, 335 and 1M.

I don't know too much about diff lock down kits but if it's on the differential housing and rear subframe wouldn't the E9x M3 and E82 1M require the same diff lock down kit?

Also, wouldn't the N54 kits also work on any N55 135/335? I've checked RealOEM and the part numbers for the final drive unit (diff) and the rear axle carrier (subframe) are the same.
    If P/Ns are the same for diff and subframe then I don't see why it wouldn't fit on the N55. Probably something you'd want to take pictures of and send to Rick for confirmation.

As for the M3 and 1M, do they share the same subframe and diff?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    \
    yes
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If P/Ns are the same for diff and subframe then I don't see why it wouldn't fit on the N55. Probably something you'd want to take pictures of and send to Rick for confirmation.

Yeah they definitely do. I've done a fair amount of research on this as I'll be doing a complete M3 rear end conversion in the next month or two. I have an E90 M3 rear subframe, DCT LSD, output shafts and suspension arms coming coming in on a boat from the UK in the next couple weeks so I had better be right or I'm screwed Click here to enlarge

I'll send him a quick email just to let him know so he can make the changes on his website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

wh04h
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yeah they definitely do. I've done a fair amount of research on this as I'll be doing a complete M3 rear end conversion in the next month or two. I have an E90 M3 rear subframe, DCT LSD, output shafts and suspension arms coming coming in on a boat from the UK in the next couple weeks so I had better be right or I'm screwed Click here to enlarge

I'll send him a quick email just to let him know so he can make the changes on his website.
    damn man, it's still on the boat?! Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    damn man, it's still on the boat?! Click here to enlarge
    Haha yeah the boat takes a while... 35 days from the UK to Sydney. I think it left on 3/8/13 and it supposedly arrived in Singapore on 30/8. Hopefully it should be here in another week or two. Won't be a while until it's installed. It's disassembled and missing bolting screws for the diff and shafts etc so I'll have to see what exactly I need and then order them all in from ECS or something. Maybe consider one of these lock down kits too.... $$$
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Thanks for the help everyone.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok, just finished installing my lock down kit. Took me about 2 hours from start to finish, car was already on the lift and exhaust was already removed. I did not remove the diff from the car, I simply used our tranny jack to lower it as far as it would go with the axles and drive shaft attached and that was plenty of room to do the install.

First off the stock bushings are a $#@! to get out, I know they say not to use an air chisel to get them out, but I did and if you are careful you can do it without messing anything up. I would not try to install one of these kits at home. You will never get the old bushings out without the proper tools. After I got all the bushings out proceeded to install the kit, and man I have to say everything fit like a glove, very big props to Defiv for making the kit and doing such a good job, I was very very impressed with the fit and finish of all the pieces and getting rid of those stock bushing and really locking the diff down obviously works wonders to avoiding wheel hop.

Thumbs up on the kit guys...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

i feel the awkwardness, but what is the function of this kit?

I have mounted a wavetrac diff, not sure if this will be no need

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge

It stiffens up the rear subframe A LOT and eliminates wheelhop on launching the car.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I have not had a 1M in for verification(a rare bird in these parts), but the N54/55's are interchangeable. Originally, the idea was that the E9X chassis was the same as far as the rear subframes, which isn't the case with M cars. So in short, I don't advertise that something will fit a particular model unless I have installed a kit or visually verified that interchangeability exists with my own eyes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    I have not had a 1M in for verification(a rare bird in these parts), but the N54/55's are interchangeable. Originally, the idea was that the E9X chassis was the same as far as the rear subframes, which isn't the case with M cars. So in short, I don't advertise that something will fit a particular model unless I have installed a kit or visually verified that interchangeability exists with my own eyes.
    Always better to be safe than sorry!

But just for reference, using realOEM can confirm the part numbers.

Rear Axle Carrier E82 1M - 33312283340 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...94&hg=33&fg=30

Rear Axle Carrier E90 M3 - 33312283340 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...08&hg=33&fg=30

6MT 3.15 Final Drive with Differential E82 1M - 33122283321 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...99&hg=33&fg=05

6MT 3.15 Final Drive with Differential E90 M3 - 33122283321 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...18&hg=33&fg=05

Click here to enlarge
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Always better to be safe than sorry!

But just for reference, using realOEM can confirm the part numbers.

Rear Axle Carrier E82 1M - 33312283340 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...94&hg=33&fg=30

Rear Axle Carrier E90 M3 - 33312283340 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...08&hg=33&fg=30

6MT 3.15 Final Drive with Differential E82 1M - 33122283321 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...99&hg=33&fg=05

6MT 3.15 Final Drive with Differential E90 M3 - 33122283321 - http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...18&hg=33&fg=05

Click here to enlarge
    You also never know if any of the bodywork / exhaust has different clearances Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You also never know if any of the bodywork / exhaust has different clearances Click here to enlarge
    Ahh touche!
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

I also have a wavetrac Diff and launching with 100% E85 caused wheelhop thus snapping a halfshaft at a freeway entrance, forcing me to to impede San Francisco Traffic, while my Tow Truck came. I had grease everywhere and a nice little bill for a new halfshaft + labor. Once I installed my the lockdown kit, I NEVER get wheelhop and I cancelled my order for DSS Driveshafts, as I don't drag and since I no longer get wheelhop I am no longer worried about busted halfshafts. This is a must have mod if you have a tuned car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    I also have a wavetrac Diff and launching with 100% E85 caused wheelhop thus snapping a halfshaft at a freeway entrance, forcing me to to impede San Francisco Traffic, while my Tow Truck came. I had grease everywhere and a nice little bill for a new halfshaft + labor. Once I installed my the lockdown kit, I NEVER get wheelhop and I cancelled my order for DSS Driveshafts, as I don't drag and since I no longer get wheelhop I am no longer worried about busted halfshafts. This is a must have mod if you have a tuned car.
    Great post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this. I have a wavetrac diff on the way and was thinking about getting one of these. I think I'll order one and get it installed while my diff is already out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

That's nuts. How long have you had the kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting this. I have a wavetrac diff on the way and was thinking about getting one of these. I think I'll order one and get it installed while my diff is already out.
    This will save you labor for sure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's nuts. How long have you had the kit?
    I had the kit installed Feb of this year. It's one of the most underrated mods IMO. Also another HUGE benefit is when I am accelerating aggressively on the highway the rear end just plants and moves forward. Where previously the rear end would be a more squirrely and not quite accelerate in a straight line with all the power I was putting down. I also have PSS's so I have great tires, but after the lockdown kit was installed the car just accelerates in a nice straight line and the rear end feels way more planted. After my Suspension and LSD, this was the best handling Mod, even more than the M3 control arms. Especially if you are running a tuned car putting down more than 400WHP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the answers.

But if we have the silemblocks the m3, I mean those of this image.

Click here to enlarge

We need the partial kit or full kit?
    is there a difference with the silemblocks bmw m3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@cupra
    Thanks for the answers.

But if we have the silemblocks the m3, I mean those of this image.

We need the partial kit or full kit?
    is there a difference with the silemblocks bmw m3?
    So your 'silemblocks' are 'Subframe bushings'.
    These four bushings connect the subframe to the frame of the car.

This kit addresses the 3 bushings which connect the differential to the subframe. A whole separate part. So even with upgraded subframe bushings you still would need the full defiv kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@cupra

So your 'silemblocks' are 'Subframe bushings'.
    These four bushings connect the subframe to the frame of the car.

This kit addresses the 3 bushings which connect the differential to the subframe. A whole separate part. So even with upgraded subframe bushings you still would need the full defiv kit.
    Ok, thanks !!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had the kit installed Feb of this year. It's one of the most underrated mods IMO. Also another HUGE benefit is when I am accelerating aggressively on the highway the rear end just plants and moves forward. Where previously the rear end would be a more squirrely and not quite accelerate in a straight line with all the power I was putting down. I also have PSS's so I have great tires, but after the lockdown kit was installed the car just accelerates in a nice straight line and the rear end feels way more planted. After my Suspension and LSD, this was the best handling Mod, even more than the M3 control arms. Especially if you are running a tuned car putting down more than 400WHP.
    1 more mod added to the list. I might just wait until I get a LSD and new exhaust system 1st so I can do it all at once. Thanks for the advice.
    07 335i FFTEC 600 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This will save you labor for sure!
    I got my Wavetrac installed last week and purchased the kit this week. not very smart of me. Before I go ahead and get it installed, can someone please tell me if you think I am still going to need upgraded rear axles for drag racing? My car has 67 k and It hasn't been driven hard at all.

if upgraded axles are suggested, I would like to get everything done together.

Thanks,
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast