Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 157
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    My friend swapped my diff in 2-3 hours.
    He must have really enjoyed working on your rear end.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He must have really enjoyed working on your rear end.
    lol
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    lol


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He must have really enjoyed working on your rear end.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He must have really enjoyed working on your rear end.
    ahh, straight to the gutter, lmao...your probably the guy responsible for the "2 girls 1 cup" emoticonClick here to enlarge....can't say I've seen that anywhere before lol.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    ahh, straight to the gutter, lmao...your probably the guy responsible for the "2 girls 1 cup" emoticonClick here to enlarge....can't say I've seen that anywhere before lol.
    I just like to make sure we have a wide range of smileys capable of fitting a wide range of discussions. It's the small details Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    92.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    WOOT, just got my Tracking Number, I am excited! I will try to get scheduled in at FFTEC ASAP.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just like to make sure we have a wide range of smileys capable of fitting a wide range of discussions. It's the small details Click here to enlarge
    yeah, I'll say you've got everything covered alright...Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    i just read your instructions so im assuming if any part has the fail its the rod ends? since they're not covered under your life time warranty
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    894
    Rep Points
    440.3
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    WOOT, just got my Tracking Number, I am excited! I will try to get scheduled in at FFTEC ASAP.

    Congrats, you'rte going to love it!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    i just read your instructions so im assuming if any part has the fail its the rod ends? since they're not covered under your life time warranty
    They're open to the elements, so if they degrade over xxx # of years, it's not...BUT if you can break one (virtually impossible,6600lbs tensile strength each) I will warranty them.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    ok cool
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    workin on it gents. cant let an N54 have an advantage over an ///M

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    ok cool
    not to mention that failure in the absolute worst environment would take 5 years. Tell ya what,2 year unlimited warranty on rod ends, lifetime on the rest.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    not to mention that failure in the absolute worst environment would take 5 years. Tell ya what,2 year unlimited warranty on rod ends, lifetime on the rest.
    HOLY CRAP. That's how you know someone has confidence in their product.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    great


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    not to mention that failure in the absolute worst environment would take 5 years. Tell ya what,2 year unlimited warranty on rod ends, lifetime on the rest.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    4-5 hours to pull down the diff and press in the bushings? You guys are slow Click here to enlarge
    Hehe took my shop a few hours to get only the rear, big diff bushing out. Quite a PITA. They even had to flex their bushing removal tools a bit to get them into the tight space. It's probably better to remove the whole subframe when replacing all the bushings.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    my bmw dearlership replaced mine in 4 hrs




    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hehe took my shop a few hours to get only the rear, big diff bushing out. Quite a PITA. They even had to flex their bushing removal tools a bit to get them into the tight space. It's probably better to remove the whole subframe when replacing all the bushings.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hehe took my shop a few hours to get only the rear, big diff bushing out. Quite a PITA. They even had to flex their bushing removal tools a bit to get them into the tight space. It's probably better to remove the whole subframe when replacing all the bushings.
    Seems like an unnecessary waste of time to me. Granted, I have a touch of "MacGyver" in me and I'm more resourceful than some, but i made my own press tooling with tube scraps slightly larger than the stock bushings,a pair of sized "caps" slightly smaller than the oem bushings and all-thread, works great. I would imagine BMW's special tools for the app or equivalent would be even better...but unnecessarily expensive because they include special tooling to draw the junk oem mounts back in...basically any large decent brand universal bushing puller kit will have the right sized caps and sleeves. really not terrible to do with subframe in the car.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Seems like an unnecessary waste of time to me. Granted, I have a touch of "MacGyver" in me and I'm more resourceful than some, but i made my own press tooling with tube scraps slightly larger than the stock bushings,a pair of sized "caps" slightly smaller than the oem bushings and all-thread, works great. I would imagine BMW's special tools for the app or equivalent would be even better...but unnecessarily expensive because they include special tooling to draw the junk oem mounts back in...basically any large decent brand universal bushing puller kit will have the right sized caps and sleeves. really not terrible to do with subframe in the car.
    IIRC the metal "tube" or "ring" to press out the bushing was hitting somewhere on the subframe, so they couldn't press the bushing out totally. They then flexed some indents in that tube. Definitely doable without removing the subframe but needs good DIY skills.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    IIRC the metal "tube" or "ring" to press out the bushing was hitting somewhere on the subframe, so they couldn't press the bushing out totally. They then flexed some indents in that tube. Definitely doable without removing the subframe but needs good DIY skills.
    In full agreement.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,195.0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    So what you're saying is, I should install this with my M3 suspension bits at the same time? I have M3 subframe bushings sitting in my garage.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Doylestown,PA
    Posts
    283
    Rep Points
    913.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    So what you're saying is, I should install this with my M3 suspension bits at the same time? I have M3 subframe bushings sitting in my garage.
    You certainly could, I't would be silly not to swap em if you already have the bushings, big time saver considering your halfway there...obviously they didn't seem to be a necessity in any of the cars I've tested, so it's your discretion. Obviously there's extra time/cost in pulling the entire subframe, but your already pretty deep at that point...totally your decision.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ok so my partial kit arrived took me an hour to install. this kit is well made I must say, very high quality bushings and parts. BUt ghetto instructions lol just kidding. i did a burnout and didnt get any wheel hop. I'm waiting for it to rain to do some more testing because thats when the WH monster rears its ugly head. Also keep in mind I have the turner delrin bushings.


    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Cool! Any nvh or noise at all driving around?
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    no nvh
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •