Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    I got my Wavetrac installed last week and purchased the kit this week. not very smart of me. Before I go ahead and get it installed, can someone please tell me if you think I am still going to need upgraded rear axles for drag racing? My car has 67 k and It hasn't been driven hard at all.

if upgraded axles are suggested, I would like to get everything done together.

Thanks,
    its easier and cheaper to replace before you break something as opposed to after.. if your gonna be under there already, my vote is to do it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    I had the kit installed Feb of this year. It's one of the most underrated mods IMO. Also another HUGE benefit is when I am accelerating aggressively on the highway the rear end just plants and moves forward. Where previously the rear end would be a more squirrely and not quite accelerate in a straight line with all the power I was putting down. I also have PSS's so I have great tires, but after the lockdown kit was installed the car just accelerates in a nice straight line and the rear end feels way more planted. After my Suspension and LSD, this was the best handling Mod, even more than the M3 control arms. Especially if you are running a tuned car putting down more than 400WHP.
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering getting one of these to install when I put in my whole M3 rear axle and diff. Is there any increase in NVH with the lockdown kit?

Alex
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering getting one of these to install when I put in my whole M3 rear axle and diff. Is there any increase in NVH with the lockdown kit?

Alex
    NONE AT ALL, well I couldn't feel any. You still have the subframe bushings and your suspension absorbing a lot of vibrations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    NONE AT ALL, well I couldn't feel any. You still have the subframe bushings and your suspension absorbing a lot of vibrations.
    Thanks for the reply. Are you on stock subframe bushings or the M3 ones?
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Some folks have noted a little gear whine when upgrading the subframe to body bushings with the N54/55 kits, However if you are candidate for the M3 style kit, the different design and style of mounting doesn't have any repercussions as far as NVH goes(although If any problems arise with the differential, you'll certainly hear it sooner than with the stock bushings)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stock ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For drag racing with slicks I would upgrade my axles just as a precaution IMHO. Also an upgraded clutch

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    I got my Wavetrac installed last week and purchased the kit this week. not very smart of me. Before I go ahead and get it installed, can someone please tell me if you think I am still going to need upgraded rear axles for drag racing? My car has 67 k and It hasn't been driven hard at all.

if upgraded axles are suggested, I would like to get everything done together.

Thanks,
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567