Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my money is on the meth..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've said this once and I'll say it again...Misfires aside, this chassis is terrible at power levels above the mid 400's. You get terrible suspension, drivetrain, transmission issues and reliability issues past that level. We will not see a consistent 10 second 335i full street car ever... The fact that Shiv is the only one that has done 10's with essentially a drag setup is further proof... I wish the best of luck to all ST owners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I've said this once and I'll say it again...Misfires aside, this chassis is terrible at power levels above the mid 400's. You get terrible suspension, drivetrain, transmission issues and reliability issues past that level. We will not see a consistent 10 second 335i full street car ever... The fact that Shiv is the only one that has done 10's with essentially a drag setup is further proof... I wish the best of luck to all ST owners.
    All of the things you said, you can upgrade, and still be cheaper then a comparable M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    All of the things you said, you can upgrade, and still be cheaper then a comparable M3
    Who is talking about an M3?? M3's and 335i's are not competitors... the right thing to do is buy a completely different car that is built to handle this kind of power. Even if you want to get into the details; a new 335is will run you 55K, another 12 for the ST, and another 5 for the supporting mods... so you wouldn't be far off with an M3 anyways but I don't think an M3 is right for those power levels either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    nope.. you just dont understand what the difference is until you drive a comparable 500hp M to 500hp 335. its not the same car

My brother is buying a 09 E92 335xi, 6MT tomorrow actually..I went with him to test drive it today in the rain.. time to send him some links Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The N54 may not be great strip car but it is a fantastic street/highway roll car and that's where i do 100% of my driving and i love it.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The non-meth map is setup for 16psi. I'm not sure what we can run safely without meth.

Fueling is definitely there. I see 10 AFRs at WOT as soon as it gets into boost.

I have to go pick up some more meth, I'll see if they have 104 octane. I'll see what Shiv thinks is the highest boost we can run on 104 octane.

I could do 112 leaded, but I'm not sure if that will compromise the O2s too much. It might be worth a try, but I'm almost positive the results will be the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You might be right, but it's always more fun to make a car fast that isn't supposed to be fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The N54 may not be great strip car but it is a fantastic street/highway roll car and that's where i do 100% of my driving and i love it.
    Sure but above 130 MPH these cars run out of steam no matter how big your turbo... Shiv's 458 win is the only solid run I have ever seen. Any RB equipped car will get a train ran on it by a bolt on Z06... I guarantee this. Remember that race that was supposed to happen between Shiv and his boys Z06? Yeah...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    You might be right, but it's always more fun to make a car fast that isn't supposed to be fast.
    Point taken... remember the twin turbo Dodge Caravan? lol

I just think there is a point you get to where on a particular chassis it's far from worth it and I think it took this many tribulations for 3 owners to finally decide to sell their cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure but above 130 MPH these cars run out of steam no matter how big your turbo... Shiv's 458 win is the only solid run I have ever seen. Any RB equipped car will get a train ran on it by a bolt on Z06... I guarantee this. Remember that race that was supposed to happen between Shiv and his boys Z06? Yeah...
    That's a pretty bold statement which I will try to prove wrong in the not so immediate future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and this is the same car?
    I have two 335's one has a AT and the other has a MT...the MT is the only one that I have had misfire problems with...the AT is the one that I ran 4 meth jets and E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't believe that is the case. Shiv(or anyone else for that matter) just hasn't had the balls to actually put a BIG turbo on an N54. A 6266 isn't exactly a big turbo in my book, i mean just look at the dyno graphs. The turbo is sized well for mid range torque and decent top end but it's definitely not a turbo for huge power.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    That's a pretty bold statement which I will try to prove wrong in the not so immediate future.
    I wish you the best of luck... I really want to see it. Key to point out is that I mean a C6 Z06 with exhaust, intake, headers and tune but run a stock one just for the hell of it too. Enrita could never outrun one with RB's; he was close but it ran away top end. Pretty funny the Z06 only had an intake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    The non-meth map is setup for 16psi. I'm not sure what we can run safely without meth.

Fueling is definitely there. I see 10 AFRs at WOT as soon as it gets into boost.

I have to go pick up some more meth, I'll see if they have 104 octane. I'll see what Shiv thinks is the highest boost we can run on 104 octane.

I could do 112 leaded, but I'm not sure if that will compromise the O2s too much. It might be worth a try, but I'm almost positive the results will be the same.
    i wouldnt do leaded, its not worth it. if ms109 cant help, then thats good enough info. id be more interested in what you can you on that.

if meth is for cooling benfits only, as stated, none of this should be an issue. do you run e85?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish you the best of luck... I really want to see it. Key to point out is that I mean a C6 Z06 with exhaust, intake, headers and tune but run a stock one just for the hell of it too. Enrita could never outrun one with RB's; he was close but it ran away top end. Pretty funny the Z06 only had an intake.
    Me too we'll see though. The funny thing is with the group of cars that I run with a bolton C6 ZO6 would be at the low end of the totem pole...so $#@!, where will I be LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't believe that is the case. Shiv(or anyone else for that matter) just hasn't had the balls to actually put a BIG turbo on an N54. A 6266 isn't exactly a big turbo in my book, i mean just look at the dyno graphs. The turbo is sized well for mid range torque and decent top end but it's definitely not a turbo for huge power.
    A car that claims to dyno 640 or 650 or whatever should be much faster. He claimed a 3250 lb race weight... s*it that thing should have gone way faster than a bare 130 MPH trap... I am not trying to hate I just don't think the chassis can perform. This is the way I see it; the autos will be inherently slow and the manuals will be too difficult to drive to have consistently strong results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

as of now, who has a 6266 up and running on a 335i? isnt shivs a 6262

theres a decent difference in the two Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i wouldnt do leaded, its not worth it. if ms109 cant help, then thats good enough info. id be more interested in what you can you on that.

if meth is for cooling benfits only, as stated, none of this should be an issue. do you run e85?
    E85 maps haven't been released, except for CaptainInsano who is testing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once my car is running I can find out.

My brother has a stock C6 Z06 and a friend of mine has a C6 Z06 with Cam, headers, intake, I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "as of now, who has a 6266 up and running on a 335i? isnt shivs a 6262

theres a decent difference in the two Click here to enlarge"

You will see why when you drop the sub frame to try and fit it in there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    "as of now, who has a 6266 up and running on a 335i? isnt shivs a 6262

theres a decent difference in the two http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/sm...icon/smile.gif"

You will see why when you drop the sub frame to try and fit it in there.
    ok my question should have been: what is the biggest turbo runnnig on a 335 now 6262?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    as of now, who has a 6266 up and running on a 335i? isnt shivs a 6262

theres a decent difference in the two Click here to enlarge
    I thought Shiv was running a 6266 and the other guys were 6262s. Maybe i was mistaken. Hell, that just further proves my point about small turbos lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    ok my question should have been: what is the biggest turbo runnnig on a 335 now 6262?

correct and it would be very difficult to fit anything larger. It would have been done if it fit, trust me. If you put the turbo in another location maybe it would be doable but a ton of work. The 6262 barely fits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They need to quit being girls; build the motor and stick a Gt4780 on. I mean they did say it was a modern supra; right? lol

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast