Close

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,076 to 1,091 of 1091
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    I marked up your log with my best guess at where the real-world 1/4mi numbers would fall so you can get a sense of how the engine was performing at each point.

Let me know what you think.

Attachment 24717
    Your timing in 4th explains the mediocre trap on the back end. Are you using NLS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Your timing in 4th explains the mediocre trap on the back end. Are you using NLS?
    Yes for that particular run. If you look at the first datalog timing is where it is supposed to be in 4th (124.89mph trap).

That second log had 0 timing in 4th, not sure why. Maybe shifted too quickly.

I only used NLS for one run, but then turned it off becuase it almost always seems to make my timing flatline in 4th. That 2nd log was the only time 4th flatiline when not using NLS out of about 7 runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    I am curious as to what you're current setup is? I already purchased some Kosei K1's and Hoosier DOT Drag Radials 275/40/17 if you want to wait to see how they perform on my car at the end of march (installing ST this weekend.)
    I daily drive (and currently drag race) on 285/35-18s Nitto NT555R drag radials. The ones on my car now are very bald. I'm getting new ones in on Thursday so hopefully they offer more grip which I believe they will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Can you mark up the first log? That log is of a run where timing flatlined in 4th. Also, mark the rpm of each line, that would be helpful.
    Here ya go. Thanks for sharing your experiences btw. props!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The tuning just looks like it needs a little tweeking. I'd try to stable AFRs first... are they set in the flash or some bias by procede also?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Yes for that particular run. If you look at the first datalog timing is where it is supposed to be in 4th (124.89mph trap).

That second log had 0 timing in 4th, not sure why. Maybe shifted too quickly.

I only used NLS for one run, but then turned it off becuase it almost always seems to make my timing flatline in 4th. That 2nd log was the only time 4th flatiline when not using NLS out of about 7 runs.
    I am guessing you trapped lower on the 0 timing log?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think there is THAT much more in the gearing TBH. I think once you sort out the tuning you will find that the gearing you have is better since you will end the run farther up fourth. You don't want to shift to 5th imho. Fix NLS first so you aren't losing timing, then work on the launches and turn up the boost. That's my thoughts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there is THAT much more in the gearing TBH. I think once you sort out the tuning you will find that the gearing you have is better since you will end the run farther up fourth. You don't want to shift to 5th imho. Fix NLS first so you aren't losing timing, then work on the launches and turn up the boost. That's my thoughts.
    Even though 4th goes up to 152mph? At 130mph, 4th gear is only at 6184rpm. If I go to a 3.46, 4th will end at 134.74.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even though 4th goes up to 152mph? At 130mph, 4th gear is only at 6184rpm. If I go to a 3.46, 4th will end at 134.74.
    Ah, I didn't think it was that long. I guess my point was just that the gearing isn't terrible and isn't the main thing keeping you from laying down a good time. Id focus on fixing the tune. As noted HotRod did 132+ trap with stock turbos, which while making power lower, certainly do not make more power than you should be making at that rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Ah, I didn't think it was that long. I guess my point was just that the gearing isn't terrible and isn't the main thing keeping you from laying down a good time. Id focus on fixing the tune. As noted HotRod did 132+ trap with stock turbos, which while making power lower, certainly do not make more power than you should be making at that rpm.
    That guy ran a ton of nitrous and stripped his car. So "stock turbos" isn't exactly accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shouldn't you be building more than 3-4 psi with the 2-step at 4k rpms? Assuming blue is target and black is actual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TCW Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't you be building more than 3-4 psi with the 2-step at 4k rpms? Assuming blue is target and black is actual.
    He isn't running wrinkle wall slicks, boost off the line in first gear is just going to shred the tires.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so, since all the "misfires" are finally "fixed" are we going to see any of these cars run again, or are they still too busy out and "enjoying" their cars?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    My ST car is fixed, I could care less what you guys think.
    You don't have a 335...why are you even in here? Go pound sand

come back when you have some useful information...I'll share mine soon.
    so boss, whats up you get that car fixed yet or what Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets see some of LostDbags results? I didn't come back to share any results all I did was check if i was able to make a post. What makes you think that I'm back to share reslults?
    i showed mine, now show yours..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

come back when you have some useful information...I'll share mine soon.
    posted on 12-11-2012.. is it soon enough?

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344