Close

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1091

Thread: Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be going to PBIR track rental this Sunday. Haven't decided yet. Also depends if I get my new tires in by tomorrow. Front tires have some damage and aren't really safe to drive on currently.

Got coil overs installed with springs setup slightly towards dragging, so hopefully it offers a little more traction at the strip.
    I'll see you in the desert next month. Be ready to have your ass handed to you

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I might be going to PBIR track rental this Sunday. Haven't decided yet. Also depends if I get my new tires in by tomorrow. Front tires have some damage and aren't really safe to drive on currently.

Got coil overs installed with springs setup slightly towards dragging, so hopefully it offers a little more traction at the strip.
    I'm signed up to go to this rental, so post up if you're going to make it and I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like we finally may have some good weather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I'm signed up to go to this rental, so post up if you're going to make it and I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like we finally may have some good weather.
    OK. I'll decide by tomorrow if I can make the time to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I will be going. Hopefully I can wake up early enough to not get there late. Have about a 2.5 hour drive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)

Sweet. Dump in the race gas, crank that boost up, and aim for 130mph! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I will be going. Hopefully I can wake up early enough to not get there late. Have about a 2.5 hour drive.
    Sounds good, bud. I'll keep an eye out for you. I have the Space Gray coupe. I'm going to try and get there early as the track prep and weather will likely be the best it will be for the day at that time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Soooo... Results from the track day?
    Current: '15 Macan S | '00 S2000
    Previous:
    '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi w/Cobb, RCE, Whiteline
    Coming Soon: '15 WRX STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Soooo... Results from the track day?
    Vince: There were mass cops out there, that $#@! was orchestrated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I keep coming back like a buster in hopes of seeing some 130+mph trap speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Where's he going?
    He went to the car wash
    Whatever. Go fetch my car!
    Go fetch your car? We're not on your block any more. You better watch who you talk to like that.
    TORETTO! TORETTO! SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narc'd me out! And you know what? IT WAS YOU!

*I never narc'd on nobody! I never narc'd on nobody!*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    In for the track update!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)

I'll book a wake up call for ya Click here to enlarge
    PTF TWIN DISK CLUTCH - GROUP BUY

Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So track wasn't what I had hoped for. I had a couple issues (timing would zero out in 4th if I used NLS or if I shifted too quickly). Ran a little bit of race gas so I could hot lap (got there late, 1:30), but left the boost level at what I daily drive at ~23-24psi to get a feel of what it could do in the street setup.

Bottom line:
    I ran 12.0x at 124.89 mph.

Needless to say I was disappointed. I think a big factor in this is my gearing. 4th gear is just too long. At 125mph, 4th gear is under 6000rpm. I think I see a 3.46 rear end with LSD in the very near future.

My drag radials are very, very bald so that made it tough to get out the hole. I have new ones coming in Thursday. I'm also going to get a dedicated wheel setup for the strip eventually.

I'm not sure how others were running. My friend who has a 730whp 2013 GT500 was trapping around ~129mph. He was happy he finally broke 10s though.

Last, my VBOX was reading usually 0.3s slower than my slip. On one of my 12.0x runs, it read 12.2. MPH was just about always 1mph faster (expected). I really think the timing blocks at PBIR are not setup correctly. My 60' times seem a lot better than how they feel from experience...and I have done probably 400 passes in this car. I datalogged all my runs, I'll post up some of those as well as the slips. I wrote the VBOX time and mph on each slip as well so I wouldn't forget the discrepancy. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm with someone else who had a VBOX if there's was showing the same discrepancies as mine. Maybe my VBOX could be wrong? I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say it wasn't and that PBIR has inflated times (or deflated? cause they are lower?).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

DA was between 1000-1500 ft while I was there. ~80 degrees.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Thanks for the update. Disappointing track days always suck. Drag racing this car is difficult on its own super difficult with 6MT.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Shiv cut a 1.5 60' and still barely broke into the 10s.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

So track wasn't what I had hoped for. I had a couple issues (timing would zero out in 4th if I used NLS or if I shifted too quickly). Ran a little bit of race gas so I could hot lap (got there late, 1:30), but left the boost level at what I daily drive at ~23-24psi to get a feel of what it could do in the street setup.

Bottom line:
    I ran 12.0x at 124.89 mph.

Needless to say I was disappointed. I think a big factor in this is my gearing. 4th gear is just too long. At 125mph, 4th gear is under 6000rpm. I think I see a 3.46 rear end with LSD in the very near future.

My drag radials are very, very bald so that made it tough to get out the hole. I have new ones coming in Thursday. I'm also going to get a dedicated wheel setup for the strip eventually.

I'm not sure how others were running. My friend who has a 730whp 2013 GT500 was trapping around ~129mph. He was happy he finally broke 10s though.

Last, my VBOX was reading usually 0.3s slower than my slip. On one of my 12.0x runs, it read 12.2. MPH was just about always 1mph faster (expected). I really think the timing blocks at PBIR are not setup correctly. My 60' times seem a lot better than how they feel from experience...and I have done probably 400 passes in this car. I datalogged all my runs, I'll post up some of those as well as the slips. I wrote the VBOX time and mph on each slip as well so I wouldn't forget the discrepancy. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm with someone else who had a VBOX if there's was showing the same discrepancies as mine. Maybe my VBOX could be wrong? I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say it wasn't and that PBIR has inflated times (or deflated? cause they are lower?).
    Dom: I said a ten-*second* car, not a ten-*minute* car.
    Jesse: You could push this across the finish line, or tow it.
    Dom: You couldn't even tow that across the finish line.
    Brian: No Faith.
    Dom: I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Your friend needs new tires or a driver mod, especially if that's just ~5 MPH over stock with an additional ~150 WHP
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Your friend needs new tires or a driver mod, especially if that's just ~5 MPH over stock with an additional ~150 WHP
    He just put a meatier drag radial on it, but probably needs to go to a smaller rim. He has a lot of drag experience in many, many different and very, very fast cars. UG Twin Turbo Gallardo, Dodge Viper with twin 78mm turbos to name a couple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

He just put a meatier drag radial on it, but probably needs to go to a smaller rim. He has a lot of drag experience in many, many different and very, very fast cars. UG Twin Turbo Gallardo, Dodge Viper with twin 78mm turbos to name a couple.
    Click here to enlarge Sounds like he's had a healthy variety of quality toys, hopefully he finds the right setup & get those trap speeds up

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was hoping to hear some better times. I have not seen any posts in a couple months it seems about the single turbo guys. Ever since shift sector

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Lmfao @LostMarine ... I'm gonna sell my DVD of fatf and just read this thread.

Georgia, sorry the times aren't there yet. Hope the DRs do you some good for the next trip out.
    Current: '15 Macan S | '00 S2000
    Previous:
    '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi w/Cobb, RCE, Whiteline
    Coming Soon: '15 WRX STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markyd83 Click here to enlarge
    I was hoping to hear some better times. I have not seen any posts in a couple months it seems about the single turbo guys. Ever since shift sector
    It's REALLY odd because majority of the ST N54's are in CA, which has sun year round & it should be the best track weather right now (low ambiant temps). Def hoping winter passes quickly & we get cool 50s in March so I can hit the track & see where my ProTune's got me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

DA was between 1000-1500 ft while I was there. ~80 degrees.
    Yeah. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't so great and it was a lot hotter than I thought it was going to be at this time of the year. Best weather conditions were in the morning and were long gone by the time you got there.

Anyway, I know you're frustrated and, quite frankly, who wouldn't be? Hope you're able to get everything straightened out with the car so you can finally start enjoying it, bud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So track wasn't what I had hoped for. I had a couple issues (timing would zero out in 4th if I used NLS or if I shifted too quickly).
    You got flat line? Maybe Terry can help you out. I know he was waiting to tune an ST. Not sure if he has it done yet.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast