Close

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I was pointing out the trap speed of the gt500 so everyone could gauge the air. Only real stock car out there.

Normally I would do runs n highway to make sure everything is good, but I literally got my clutch finished being broken in last night.
    how much boost were you attempting to push?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how much boost were you attempting to push?
    23ish. As soon as it would go full boost I'd lose all traction or wheelhop in 1st and 2nd. So frustrating. Too much lag to try and come out too easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Gap is 23 I think. Maybe 24. Going to replace the coil since its cheap and see what happens. Im more cOncerned about the odd bank 1 fueling. Haven't seen that before.
    It probably isn't gap and likely isn't FP if its only bank 1. There are tons of threads on e90 about procede fueling discrepancies between banks. Not that that is your issue, but I'd look there. When you pull the coil, be sure to pull plugs to see if there is anything obvious like leaking injector.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

23ish. As soon as it would go full boost I'd lose all traction or wheelhop in 1st and 2nd. So frustrating. Too much lag to try and come out too easy.
    i would imagine the LAG would be a $#@! Click here to enlarge there IS a fix for that wheelhop though ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Try to get the power dept worked out first. AFR, fueling, cyl3 misfire and work out a decent 60-130 or similar. 1/4 with track prep, wheel hop etc is too much to address simultaneously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

All plugs were changed less than 1000 miles ago. Injector on 3 was changed in September. So I'm thinking/hoping coil. The bank 1 crap seems to be unrelated tho. Not really sure what that is. I just replaced an O2 but can't remember which one off the top of my head. No O2 codes tho.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

All plugs were changed less than 1000 miles ago. Injector on 3 was changed in September. So I'm thinking/hoping coil. The bank 1 crap seems to be unrelated tho. Not really sure what that is. I just replaced an O2 but can't remember which one off the top of my head. No O2 codes tho.
    I doubt it is unrelated to fueling tbh. I have seen misfires from fueling issues (too rich, too lean) many a time. Move the coil to cylinder 4-5-6 to isolate banks as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Not sure if anyone's noticed these vids from another 62mm turbo VFF car..this one's running 15psi open dumps..looks like 2nd to 3rd gear rolls

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

So far very uneventful. I haven't been able to get any traction in 1st or 2nd. Just goes straight to redline. Not 1 clean pass yet. Track prep is very bad. Best trap so far is a little over 122, but that isn't on a clean run. Also, sometimes I'm getting a misfire on cylinder 3 at redline. I think I have a bad coil. I'm still running so hopefully I can get at least 1 clean run. Otherwise that's $213 down the drain for track fee.
    Any idea for the reason on cylinder 3 misfires?

Don't stress about the cash for the track, I've lost over $500 in missed events Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

For reference, there was a stock 2013 GT500 that was trapping between 125-127.
    That's impressive...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Thats what they generally trap. Damn, GT500 is sounding more appealing everyday, but the price hurts a bit. Hopefully you get your issues worked out. Good luck man.
    It's a damn bargain...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if anyone's noticed these vids from another 62mm turbo VFF car..this one's running 15psi open dumps..looks like 2nd to 3rd gear rolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ygdSjPmjgnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ygdSjPmjgnw
    LOL... both those cars have every single dash warning light on.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Its the same car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Its the same car
    either way... nothing is running right all the way around in any car
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

either way... nothing is running right all the way around in any car
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

That's a feature. Click here to enlarge
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Damn you are having a lot of problems. I had misfires on 2 cylinders due to coils just before the single turbo conversion, and the 02 sensors went out at laguna seca a couple months later. My bet is on the O2 sensor since you only changed one, but the coils are an easy test.

Thanks for keeping everyone updated.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

BLASPHEME!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Have to admit, the ST sounds damn sexy.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I just realized that I just put a new O2 sensosr in bank 1 at the beginning of the month. What are the odds it could have gone bad already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Have to admit, the ST sounds damn sexy.
    It sounds bad ass. Turbo spool makes you want to go WOT all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I just realized that I just put a new O2 sensosr in bank 1 at the beginning of the month. What are the odds it could have gone bad already?
    Very unlikely.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Slim to none. Check your coils, especially if you haven't' change them before. Took me about 20 min to replace them all.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

At higher boost levels your o2 sensors might be a little more sensitive to going out since you have them mounted preturbo. They are rated for 900c give or take. Since they are right on top of the engine and easy to reach maybe just switch them to see if problems move to bank 2. Apparently there is a generic Bosch sensor that is a direct fit and 1/2 the price of the OEM one if you are not already using those.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

New injector on cylinder 3 cleared up the issue. No more misfire and AFR and STFT look as they should.

It's crazy that this injector went bad already. I had just replaced cylinder 3's injector at the end of September. Less than 3 months of service is terrible, especially for how expensive they are.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast