Close

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This isn't a single turbo only problem. If it does end up being the issue, the info will benefit everyone. Hell I needed to upgraded my clutch/flywheel on stock turbos. It is a necessary component for everyone looking to make any power.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    So how much does this SMFW add to the cost of the kit? Is this something that will be included in the ST kit moving forward since it is a necessary component for 6MT's?
    PTF sells SPEC SMFW for $521/$539

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/drive...hes-flywheels/
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, but you and i are STUPID!
    At least we both agree on somthing, finally!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by tmo335tt is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Hey Sticky....Do you ever get that feeling that you might have $#@!ed with the wrong person?
    I feel like I'll have an entertaining morning tomorrow at work when I catch up on this thread Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky....Do you ever get that feeling that you might have $#@!ed with the wrong person?
    Uhh, what? Is that some sort of threat?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't understand why everyone is being so hostile. tmo335tt believes he found a fix for the misfiring issue. When I spoke to GeorgiaTech335Coupe at PBIR he said that they had been working on a solution for weeks, trying to figure out what was causing the misfire issues. Lets just hang back and let them test out their theory and see what happens. I hope it works out as I know they all must be really frustrated with their cars at this point. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers the single turbo cars can get once the bugs are worked out.

By the way, I got an e-mail from the guys that set up the PBIR track rental (I'm sure you all did) that they are trying to set up another rental towards the end of January or early February, hoping for some better weather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    By the way, I got an e-mail from the guys that set up the PBIR track rental (I'm sure you all did) that they are trying to set up another rental towards the end of January or early February, hoping for some better weather.
    Yes, I got the email. I'll try to make it down again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I got the email. I'll try to make it down again.
    Good stuff. If the weather looks to be good, I'll head up again as well. Hope your car is at 100% by then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Guys pleases ignore the 500whp comment from Shiv. Yiu certainly don't need to be making that much power to have this happen. It'll happen at just 15psi with RB turbos for me and it was happening for Big Tom at less than 500 as well as he was on stock turbos. Has nothing to do with POWA at 500 like he's so wrongfully construing
    FWIW I didn't notice any RB turbo cars at the runway race who had 4->5th gear shifting problems. Only the issue of the trans sometimes unlocking anywhere from 140-160mph when fully loaded in 5th.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL, what is this horse$#@!.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No... but you're about to experience that feeling right about... now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    FWIW I didn't notice any RB turbo cars at the runway race who had 4->5th gear shifting problems. Only the issue of the trans sometimes unlocking anywhere from 140-160mph when fully loaded in 5th.
    You're talking about ATs...this is completely different.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    You're talking about ATs...this is completely different.
    Was replying to this comment:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    How was it a joke? I don't believe you were even there. All the higher HP 6AT cars (even all the BMS RB cars) were having problem with the 4-5th gear change @ 135mph. So wouldn't that make the RB powered 6AT cars jokes too?
    I'm not aware of a single gear change problem. I think he is just trying to lump his tuning headaches in with our trans problems to make it appear everyone has the same problems he has. Here is a log of our problem. Log taken from one of my runway runs where the trans acted up. This is before our flatline fix of course. Click here to enlarge

I'm well in to 5th pulling hard and then out of nowhere, wham, RPMs shoot through the roof. I've yet to see a single log from any of his single turbo runs there.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i want that boost curve on my VT 2's!!!! ok back to deaththreats and arguing
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol @ people still associating (by this time) an obvious mechanical issue, wether the flywheel or not, for a "tuning" issue.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Was replying to this comment:

I'm not aware of a single gear change problem. I think he is just trying to lump his tuning headaches in with our trans problems to make it appear everyone has the same problems he has. Here is a log of our problem. Log taken from one of my runway runs where the trans acted up. This is before our flatline fix of course. Click here to enlarge

I'm well in to 5th pulling hard and then out of nowhere, wham, RPMs shoot through the roof. I've yet to see a single log from any of his single turbo runs there.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13526-1.jpg
    That happened to me once on Cobb race logic, never happened on regular code. I've taken my car to 6500 rpm in 5th gear at 21 psi. Maybe my tranny is healthier who knows.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would come up some runs and not others for me. Still have not really had a chance to look in to it. I don't spend a lot of time in 5th gear @ 150mph accelerating. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trbolexis Click here to enlarge
    lol @ people still associating (by this time) an obvious mechanical issue, wether the flywheel or not, for a "tuning" issue.

Click here to enlarge
    I think people have questions regarding AT misfires and if those are tune related. There are multiple issues here not 1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think people have questions regarding AT misfires and if those are tune related. There are multiple issues here not 1.
    AFAIK ATs don't misfire. They have transmission (gear shift) issues from 4 to 5. Not even a workaround is known for these at the moment. If I had to guess the fix here will be software based once we're inside the transmission computer and can adjust things properly.

6MTs have misfire issues past 6k rpm. A workaround exists using Cobb to disable misfire detection which still seems to be the only way to get around this issue, although it is a workaround and not a solution, but its FREE and DOES NOT impose a safety issue with the motor. All you end up doing with misfire detection off is having a chance of polluting the environment more in the case of a TRUE misfire (which can/will be felt as the car will feel like it stumbles and there will very possibly be black smoke visible coming out the tailpipes). THIS is the reason why BMW has logic to do a FUEL CUT and not let it ride out. Its very unlikey that something like that will go 100% unnoticeable including dyno plots at ZERO smoothing.

Until the DMFW theory is proven everyone needs to just ignore Shiv's e90 thread which is prematurely stated as a "solution" without even mounting the flywheel on the car and running it.

As an aside, I don't think there's anyone that's been more fed up with that high RPM misfire than me. At least now it seems my car isn't alone in this fight. The more people we have looking at this seriously the better.

At the same time I'm not worried about it as much as before though and really think the real solution in the end will be software based not hardware. I have zero issues turning the misfire detection monitor OFF on a car that's outputting 2-2.5 times more power/torque than it came from the factory in the meantime until we know exactly how the misfire detection algo works and if/how it can be adjusted.

Again, if the single mass flywheel doesn't fix it, just turn the misfire detection off guys and ENJOY your cars until we see what's going on in the DME Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 12-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No... but you're about to experience that feeling right about... now.
    You banned him? Dude... he was helping everyone. He had a couple of confrontational comments, but it's nothing worse than what other people have said here before. Click here to enlarge
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    You banned him? Dude... he was helping everyone. He had a couple of confrontational comments, but it's nothing worse than what other people have said here before. Click here to enlarge
    Huh? Nobody is banned. And he started trolling insulting people pretty hard. Either way, irrelevant, we know what the fix is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    If I said what he said to Shiv on e90, what would happen? Just saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Huh? Nobody is banned. And he started trolling insulting people pretty hard. Either way, irrelevant, we know what the fix is.
    I don't think that was fair of you to neg rep him to -90 because he talked back to you or whoever in any tone. That's just my opinion. If anything that's a bit abusive on the rep system we have on here IMHO You do realize you gave him -90 right?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I don't think that was fair of you to neg rep him to -90 because he talked back to you or whoever in any tone. That's just my opinion. If anything that's a bit abusive on the rep system we have on here IMHO You do realize you gave him -90 right?
    Do whatever you want with your rep and I'll do whatever I want with mine.

If someone starts threatening you, maybe you'll react differently. Regardless, I disagree with you and the decision was already made so move on.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast