Close

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    None of us 3 with the problem are. Shiv and CaptainInsano who aren't experiencing the problem are running a lightweight flywheel.

I ordered one today and so did tmo335tt.
    Which flywheel did you go with?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    interesting.. so AT's have DMFW's now..? hhmm.. learn something new every day
    Who said anything about an AT? None of us 3 have ATs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM, AT's don't misfire up top.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    None of us 3 with the problem are. Shiv and CaptainInsano who aren't experiencing the problem are running a lightweight flywheel.

I ordered one today and so did tmo335tt.
    Excellent, that sounds like a simple fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Which flywheel did you go with?
    Spec AL with 2+ clutch. Was really struggling on either the 2+ or 3+. In the end I went with 2+ because a lot of other people run it with no issues and I couldn't find any info on 3+. Not willing to be the guinea pig after this crap ACT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @tmo335tt Has Vishnu compensated you for time, the parts, money, etc.? You are the one responsible for this after all, the great Shiv bumbling about and not being able to solve it. He has you to thank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sheesh, what a mess. Hoping to see a full power 1/4 mile pass soon! Also very nice about the new NHRA rules, now I just need a car that will run deep 10s Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    EDIT: BMW's 1M flywheel is also dual mass only a bit lighter. There is no evidence of them doing that to get around their own misfire detection algorithms.
    Great point, but it lends itself to showing this is the problem. The 1M has a revised dual mass flywheel, that the 335 does not have. Seems like BMW knew something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    learn something new every day
    Why am I not surprised?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ran the Spec stage 3+ with LWFW on my 335i (440HP/480TQ). I loved the clutch. I hated the flywheel. It was super loud and chatty. The clutch engagement starts kind of low but ends up top unlike ACT. It actually engages a little higher than stock which took a little getting used to but overall I loved the clutch. It's no twin disk, which I have now. After driving a Spec stage 3 + and a twin disk clutch i will definately recommend spending the extra money and getting the twin disk. It is an amazing clutch!!!!! I currently have an exedy twin disk, not sure if they make any for BMWs but I'm pretty sure one ST guy has a twin disk and loves it.

Spec AL with 2+ clutch. Was really struggling on either the 2+ or 3+. In the end I went with 2+ because a lot of other people run it with no issues and I couldn't find any info on 3+. Not willing to be the guinea pig after this crap ACT.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM, AT's don't misfire up top.
    wanna bet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I ran the Spec stage 3+ with LWFW on my 335i (440HP/480TQ). I loved the clutch. I hated the flywheel. It was super loud and chatty. The clutch engagement starts kind of low but ends up top unlike ACT. It actually engages a little higher than stock which took a little getting used to but overall I loved the clutch. It's no twin disk, which I have now. After driving a Spec stage 3 + and a twin disk clutch i will definately recommend spending the extra money and getting the twin disk. It is an amazing clutch!!!!! I currently have an exedy twin disk, not sure if they make any for BMWs but I'm pretty sure one ST guy has a twin disk and loves it.
    Where were you a couple hours ago? Lol. Oh well, I've only heard good things about 2+. My only concern is that the pedal pressure will be too light.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where were you a couple hours ago?
    If it wasnt such a secret a lot of people would have chimed in with flywheel suggestions lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Getting neg repped for making a sarcastic response to a sarcastic comment. Seems fair, lol.

If I get neg repped too much I won't be able to post any of the 60-130 times or roll races I do the day my clutch gets broken in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    If it wasnt such a secret a lot of people would have chimed in with flywheel suggestions lol
    touche

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone read the article (or abstract) that I linked? Comments or thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wrote a review and posted it on here a few months ago Click here to enlarge

Where were you a couple hours ago? Lol. Oh well, I've only heard good things about 2+. My only concern is that the pedal pressure will be too light.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We literally just today posted up info on the SPEC Steel flywheel that most likely would've been and is a better option for most 6MT owners out there especially those looking to minimize chatter/noise (22lbs vs. 14lbs for aluminum) and have easier/smoother engagement daily driving. If anyone is interested in anything SPEC related including this new steel single mass flywheel let me know.

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/drive...hes-flywheels/
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting neg repped for making a sarcastic response to a sarcastic comment. Seems fair, lol.

If I get neg repped too much I won't be able to post any of the 60-130 times or roll races I do the day my clutch gets broken in.

Im stoked for ya!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont have enough rep points to read this entire thread plus an article in one day :/

ill check it out tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read it. One thing that is still a bit puzzling is why the misfire happens always past 6k, always on bank2 and varies with boost by as much as +/-1psi...you can go up 1psi and consistently have the misfires and 1psi down and not have them...also, it won't happen in 1st or 2nd gear ever...it also won't happen in 3rd either if you start the pull at around 4.5-5k rpm and take it to redline but it will happen if you start the pull earlier than that...this is why i'm still a sceptic on this and i'm waiting on further testing on ALL 3 cars before i'll start to entirely believe in the possibility this is the fix
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the fix. Brock, make a trip down to Bradenton again soon so I can check out the car (assuming this fixes it).
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wanna bet?
    It's possible they could, but if you are using that as a reason to discredit the DMFW theory/solution then you are looking at it in the wrong way. Very similar to someone knowing that the equation for final velocity is v+at, but not knowing why that is the equation (derivation of the position equation with respect to time).

The root of the problem is the CPS signal being interfered with by the DMFW. It is very possible that the AT's CPS is being interfered with by something else, which would yield a similar result. Or at least that is what the theory is based on and a way to harmonize the 2. We will know in a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love my spec stage 3 clutch and although the flywheel is noisy is feels great. I've had this combo for about 45k miles now with no issues (and no misfires ever, not that I have anywhere near the power). I would get the 22lbs one for sure just to minimize the sound if I were to do it again
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read it. One thing that is still a bit puzzling is why the misfire happens always past 6k, always on bank2 and varies with boost by as much as +/-1psi...you can go up 1psi and consistently have the misfires and 1psi down and not have them...also, it won't happen in 1st or 2nd gear ever...it also won't happen in 3rd either if you start the pull at around 4.5-5k rpm and take it to redline but it will happen if you start the pull earlier than that...this is why i'm still a sceptic on this and i'm waiting on further testing on ALL 3 cars before i'll start to entirely believe in the possibility this is the fix
    It is weird how the DME reacts the same way every time. My car will always misfire, even if I start my WOT past 4500rpm. I tested this exact scenario to be sure. I also get misfires in 2nd sometimes too (rarely tho). I think it has to do with the condition of the DMFW. I noticed that in the other guys car (only 20k miles) he sometimes did not get the misfire, where my car (60k miles) would always get the misfire. It seems to make sense that an aging DMFW might have more slop creating interferences with the CPS. The DMFW is spinning faster at higher rpms so that is why I think it is only present then.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast