Close

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so 10's next week for everyone w a single?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RTA Click here to enlarge
    Seems the problem has been localized.... next days should bring some new info... Good for the platform! Seems to be high HP related and not the kit
    Yes but the question remains, what is it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and why is it so hush hush?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    and why is it so hush hush?
    I think they call that "cornering your market" lmao....Strikes me as odd that none of this showed up in house in testing(that anyone was made aware of), kits go out and bam...no dice. I certainly expect to see a full technical description into how/why/confirmed fixes in that order...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    I think they call that "cornering your market" lmao....Strikes me as odd that none of this showed up in house in testing(that anyone was made aware of), kits go out and bam...no dice. I certainly expect to see a full technical description into how/why/confirmed fixes in that order...
    Its annoying. Then many of them say stuff like, "if you want to know, go buy the single turbo kit and find out" If there wasnt so much secrecy i would have bought the kit.

Instead, i will do my own single kit. What a joke.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe the Vishnu single boys would be more inclined to 'break ranks' if they had a demonstrated VTT working with COBB / JB4. Anyone willing to mutiny?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it only affects the MT cars, it sounds like crank walk (fore and aft motion of the crank) which can make the CPS miss counts. Not sure why this would only affect higher power cars though, and the thrust bearing would have to be REALLY sloppy. Not saying it's this at all, just thinking back to my DSM days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Have to wait on some parts. So probably a week, unfortunately.
    he couldnt use the same hour shipping he used to fix his own? how odd..

i just wanna say, what a troll. i enjoy reading up on 4+ pages of nonsense every night

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    You must spread reputation around before rating this user again
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    This is greatly interesting to me...Just based of of my experiences with higher boost I-6's, I'm curious what spark plug your running, heat range and MOST importantly gap setting. Sometimes(most times) it's too hot of a plug, the gap is too wide, etc. Granted they're not DI cars, most of the 2JZ hi-comp stuff i build needs 2 ranges colder,gaps vary from .020-.022,granted these cars are over 1000whp....but the principle is the same, cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure any way you slice it. Coils are the first victim when the volumetrics are vastly increased, I wonder if it's just blowing out the spark....even meth distribution could be a factor as well...too busy to read the 12 pages, just tossing in my two centsClick here to enlarge

HOW DARE YOU MENTION METH!? NOTHING BAD CAN COME FROM IT!! YOU WILL BE CHASTISED BY THE MAN THAT HAD WEEKS WORTH OF MISFIRES AND THEN FOUND THE FIX AS SOON AS AN ISSUE WAS MADE PUBLIC IF YOU SAY THAT AGAIN!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quit trying to Pos rep LostMarine!! You must spread reputation around before rating this user again.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by jpsimon is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    he couldnt use the same hour shipping he used to fix his own? how odd..

i just wanna say, what a troll. i enjoy reading up on 4+ pages of nonsense every night
    They likely have a fix, it isn't just made up, it's just lame the way he is going about it.

He's probably looking for Vishnu to compensate him. I'm guessing the time, labor, parts, etc., in order to get this "fix" is something he wants to be reimbursed for. So he likely isn't saying anything until his wallet is covered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW

the rules ARE changing for NHRA tracks for 2013, IIRC 2008 or 2009 cars with limited mods will NOT be required to have roll cages until 9.9.

id have to check specifics, but i did see it posted and referenced

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW

the rules ARE changing for NHRA tracks for 2013, IIRC 2008 or 2009 cars with limited mods will NOT be required to have roll cages until 9.9.

id have to check specifics, but i did see it posted and referenced
    Yup. Was just able to confirm. Look at Page 10 of the PDF: http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/2...Amendments.pdf

"NHRA DRAGS: STREET LEGAL STYLE PRESENTED BY AAA (Page xiv) (5th paragraph)
    Additionally requirements and specifications for Street Legal are the same as those for the Summit Racing Series with the following exception: Unaltered 2008 OEM model year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series Roll Bar and Roll Cage requirements, All drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements."

The question will be what qualifies as "unaltered". I'm not so sure an aftermarket turbo system will satisfy the "unaltered" requirement of the amendment. This may just be for the stock low 11 and 10 second cars that are out there.
    Last edited by GetSomeE92; 12-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They likely have a fix, it isn't just made up, it's just lame the way he is going about it.

He's probably looking for Vishnu to compensate him. I'm guessing the time, labor, parts, etc., in order to get this "fix" is something he wants to be reimbursed for. So he likely isn't saying anything until his wallet is covered.
    Edit: Violation of Guest Vendor Rules

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Yup. Was just able to confirm. Look at Page 10 of the PDF: http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/2...Amendments.pdf

"NHRA DRAGS: STREET LEGAL STYLE PRESENTED BY AAA (Page xiv) (5th paragraph)
    Additionally requirements and specifications for Street Legal are the same as those for the Summit Racing Series with the following exception: Unaltered 2008 OEM model year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series Roll Bar and Roll Cage requirements, All drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements."

The question will be what qualifies as "unaltered". I'm not so sure an aftermarket turbo system will satisfy the "unaltered" requirement of the amendment. This may just be for the stock low 11 and 10 second cars that are out there.
    It should cover all. The rationale behind the amendment is the increasing safety in the design of the frame, which eliminates the need for a roll bar. The unadultered probably just pertains to the actualy body of the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @tmo335tt deserves the credit.

He found this article:
    http://papers.sae.org/2007-01-3544/
    which was authored by LuK GmbH & Co. oHG who makes dual mass flywheels for our cars.

He then put an oscilloscope on his car while on they dyno and saw the interference.
    He def is very knowledgeable and mechanically inclined, much more than a lot of people on this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv shiv shiv, you must be confused as to what forum you are on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reply to Shiv's earlier post:

Yes, as discussed before I do run a dual mass flywheel. However, I'm not sure why you didn't give full credit to @tmo335tt for figuring this out for you. Also, you haven't tested this just yet and confirmed 100% as the flywheels are on order. Once you do and the misfires do go away let's call it the solution then.

If this is resolved with a single mass flywheel a huge thanks to @tmo335tt is deserved by the N54 6MT community as his persistence is the reason why we have this idea as well as testing in the first place.

EDIT: BMW's 1M flywheel is also dual mass only a bit lighter. There is no evidence of them doing that to get around their own misfire detection algorithms.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since Shiv's post is deleted:

The problem is the stock DMFW. At these power levels it is causing interference with the CPS, as the two pieces are spinning at different angular velocities.

All the cars that are running fine: Shiv's, CaptainInsano's, FBIS all have a SMFW. My car, tmo335tt, and the other guy all have the DMFW. Dzenno had a DMFW I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge

The problem is the stock DMFW. At these power levels it is causing interference with the CPS, as the two pieces are spinning at different angular velocities.

All the cars that are running fine: Shiv's, CaptainInsano's, FBIS all have a SMFW. My car, tmo335tt, and the other guy all have the DMFW. Dzenno had a DMFW I believe.
    Hope this works! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Nobody is running a lightweight or single flywheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting.. so AT's have DMFW's now..? hhmm.. learn something new every day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody is running a lightweight or single flywheel?
    None of us 3 with the problem are. Shiv and CaptainInsano who aren't experiencing the problem are running a lightweight flywheel.

I ordered one today and so did tmo335tt.

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast