Close

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    his low end also has something to go with his gearing
    that is correct and he is able to effectively launch in 1rst gr where i cannot yet
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll ask some of my GTR buddies how their Vbox was reading compared to their slips at both OSW and PBIR. Don't think we can get more controlled than that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    The evidence might not be conclusive, but I think it lends towards my opinion.
    I Agree to extent. It did seem weird that i was able to run 11s at 116mph. As far as 60fts, at PBIR with my car, .1 gain in 60ft lends an avg of .2 in ET gain.

I will also hold to my word, when i get my car back up and running i will pay for your test & tune when we meet at the track. Click here to enlarge

I will be going thru plenty of issues as well with my one off Single project as is to be expected when pushing the platform.

Im rooting for you so when all is said and done around march, you and I will have the fastest N54s in the southeast that arent shy at the drag strip. Ill be coming up your way a bit too when the cars done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Exactly.. PBIR requires a roll cage at 11.49 ET
    Had i not had to let off the gas due to loss of traction at the 1/8 mile last time out, I would be rocking a cage in a FBO 335i without even meth or DRs. Either way my car will be a daily driver with a cage pretty soon just because i enjoy the strip and there are rules. It doesnt make you not a street car lol
    I was talking to one of the guys that works at the track in the tech line and he said there is a rule change on the horizon regarding cages. I believe he said that for cars made from 2008 and newer that the roll bar threshold will be moved to somewhere in the mid 10 second range. Not sure how credible his source was, but you should look into it before dumping the money on a roll cage if you end up not needing it.
    Last edited by GetSomeE92; 12-12-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Just to point out, full street car means different things to different people... An Fbo 335i is a full street car to me. You really can't go out and change diffs, build trannies, run gallons of meth, completely shift the power curve, drive on drag radials and still be considered a full street car.
    Why is that not a full street car? Can you get it to the track legally and safely with those mods? Yes, yes you can. Other than shifting the power curve, that setup probably wouldn't even diminsh driveability (and many people are fine with less torque down low). I guarantee you it would still be more comfortable to drive than my Evo IX was when it was stock, and that was a full street car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I was talking to one of the guys that works at the track in the tech line and he said there is a rule change on the horizon regarding cages. I believe he said that for cars made from 2008 and newer that the roll cage threshold will be moved to somewhere in the mid 10 second range. Not sure how credible his source was, but you should look into it before dumping the money on a roll cage if you end up not needing it.

Thanks, good info. Im not going to do it until i get kicked out and told to. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was talking to one of the guys that works at the track in the tech line and he said there is a rule change on the horizon regarding cages. I believe he said that for cars made from 2008 and newer that the roll cage threshold will be moved to somewhere in the mid 10 second range. Not sure how credible his source was, but you should look into it before dumping the money on a roll cage if you end up not needing it.
    That would be great news, as I fully intend to break 10s or break my car trying. Last thing I want is the extra weight of a roll cage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    ... gtr vs bbq ...Click here to enlarge

Thanks again,
    Rnmevo

lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sounds about right in light of the facts that GTRs, CTS-Vs, Z06s, Bugatti(s) etc that come out and run high 10s they are not banned from the track and are allowed to run multiple times

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so 10 pages later, and still no explantion except that its "fixed"...awesome..still think we got a troll here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    That sounds about right in light of the facts that GTRs, CTS-Vs, Z06s, Bugatti(s) etc that come out and run high 10s they are not banned from the track and are allowed to run multiple times
    That's exactly what we were discussing as the likely motivation for the roll bar/cage rule change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool. This is great for the N54 platform!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is greatly interesting to me...Just based of of my experiences with higher boost I-6's, I'm curious what spark plug your running, heat range and MOST importantly gap setting. Sometimes(most times) it's too hot of a plug, the gap is too wide, etc. Granted they're not DI cars, most of the 2JZ hi-comp stuff i build needs 2 ranges colder,gaps vary from .020-.022,granted these cars are over 1000whp....but the principle is the same, cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure any way you slice it. Coils are the first victim when the volumetrics are vastly increased, I wonder if it's just blowing out the spark....even meth distribution could be a factor as well...too busy to read the 12 pages, just tossing in my two centsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    That would be great news, as I fully intend to break 10s or break my car trying. Last thing I want is the extra weight of a roll cage.
    4130 Chromoly not heavy,better for your chassis...and if your headed for the 10's you're gonna get booted w/o a cage. I see no such clauses in my 2012 NHRA rulebook...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Per Shiv on E90post

Looks like we found the problem. Well, actually one of our single turbo 6MT customers (tmo335tt) figured out last night. We don't want to say anything until it is tested and confirmed. But let's just say that this isn't related to the turbo kit or tune. But rather an issue that any 6MT that is making high power will experience.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems the problem has been localized.... next days should bring some new info... Good for the platform! Seems to be high HP related and not the kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    This is greatly interesting to me...Just based of of my experiences with higher boost I-6's, I'm curious what spark plug your running, heat range and MOST importantly gap setting. Sometimes(most times) it's too hot of a plug, the gap is too wide, etc. Granted they're not DI cars, most of the 2JZ hi-comp stuff i build needs 2 ranges colder,gaps vary from .020-.022,granted these cars are over 1000whp....but the principle is the same, cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure any way you slice it. Coils are the first victim when the volumetrics are vastly increased, I wonder if it's just blowing out the spark....even meth distribution could be a factor as well...too busy to read the 12 pages, just tossing in my two centsClick here to enlarge
    It wasn't spark plug gap. Between the 3 of us, we tried everything from .017 to .024.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4130 Chromoly not heavy,better for your chassis...and if your headed for the 10's you're gonna get booted w/o a cage. I see no such clauses in my 2012 NHRA rulebook...
    Its not like that at PBIR....again they run GTRs, Stangs, CTS-Vs, etc back to back running 10s and they dont get booted. There is a different rule at this track. GeorgiaTech335Coupe will be fine when he makes 10s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It wasn't spark plug gap. Between the 3 of us, we tried everything from .017 to .024.
    what coils? stock? and your just spraying straight meth into the charge pipe pre t/b w stock DI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its not like that at PBIR....again they run GTRs, Stangs, CTS-Vs, etc back to back running 10s and they dont get booted. There is a different rule at this track
    Must be nice...they're rough around here...especially w the new 150mph 'chute clause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what coils? stock? and your just spraying straight meth into the charge pipe pre t/b w stock DI?
    Stock coils, all brand new. But DZENNO ran the $1000 Okada coils and it didn't cure the problem.

Meth is spraying in pre and post intercooler endtanks.

I am 99% sure that tmo335tt found the solution. He has found some physical evidence on his car to back up the theoretical evidence he found. We will know soon enough if it works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock coils, all brand new. But DZENNO ran the $1000 Okada coils and it didn't cure the problem.

Meth is spraying in pre and post intercooler endtanks.

I am 99% sure that tmo335tt found the solution. He has found some physical evidence on his car to back up the theoretical evidence he found. We will know soon enough if it works.
    interesting...i'll be watchingClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its not like that at PBIR....again they run GTRs, Stangs, CTS-Vs, etc back to back running 10s and they dont get booted. There is a different rule at this track. GeorgiaTech335Coupe will be fine when he makes 10s
    Who sanctions the track NHRA or IHRA?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Who sanctions the track NHRA or IHRA?

its IHRA its a lil different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As far as the track rules, it all depends on the track. Some are lenient, others are not. A lot of tracks are inconsistent within themselves. I constantly see people not wearing helmets who run faster than 14s. OSW thinks my friend's GTR has a roll cage in it, when it clearly doesn't. He runs low 10s. My brother would get kicked out for running an 11.49 in his Mustang. OSW lets me use a non-SNELL helmet. I've had PBIR turn me down for the helmet, but just last week they let me use it. It all really depends. If the track is hurting for $, they'll probably be a little more lenient.

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast