Close

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not a bad idea...
    I'll post a little later, too busy with work now to compile all of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    The other 2 guys have not put up their cars for sale. I've been speaking with both.
    So the misfire problem is not affecting the guys who put their cars up for sale?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I hope it's straightened out too as it is very frustrating.
    I can imagine. You invest time and money for something you saw presented to you a certain way and you expect it to perform a certain way.

Shiv has been working with me, very diligently, to find a solution.
    Glad to hear it. Let's hope he sees it through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So the misfire problem is not affecting the guys who put their cars up for sale?
    I am not sure, I haven't heard that they are experiencing the same problem. I don't know who has put their car up for sale so I can't be sure.
    I do know that the other 2 guys, as of the last time I talked to them, have not put up their car for sale. I know for sure that one of them will not be putting his car up for sale anytime soon and is going to stick this out for a solution.

I have no intentions of selling my car, as I am fully confident we can get this resolved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I have no intentions of selling my car, as I am fully confident we can get this resolved.
    I am as well, it will just take time. No shame, modding to this level is a bumpy road when you are one of the first it's completely understandable.

Much better to say what you just said than pretend everything is perfect to maintain some falsely created perception on forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

At PBIR it was about 80 degrees F, at OSW it was about 73 degrees (I think).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have another slip from OSW where I trapped 98.7mph (I think) in the 1/8 before misfiring up top. I'll try to find it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

http://www.germanboost.com/images/vishnusinglepbir.jpg

At PBIR it was about 80 degrees F, at OSW it was about 73 degrees (I think).
    Well done, very well done. Thanks for posting the slip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Its a shame you couldn't get the flash specs from Shiv and turn off misfire detection using Cobb.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Its a shame you couldn't get the flash specs from Shiv and turn off misfire detection using Cobb.
    Why can't the Vishnu flash just turn it off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I agree 100%. They shouldn't be ridiculed for having issues because they're the first ones to really push this platform as far as they have. HOWEVER, they deserve all the $#@!, and more, that comes their way for hiding those issues(which appears to be the case.)
    I don't know that anyone has been hiding this issue. I didn't have my issue confirmed until a little less than a week ago after I tried replacing coils and injectors on the cylinders.

We didn't know JMARS' car had the issue until last week when we tried to dyno it.

I'm not sure when the other guy found his issue, but it is fairly recent.

It would seem that is a respectful gesture to allow the tuner to have a chance to fix an issue before letting the world know. It's not without reason that there will be speed bumps on the way. Having said all that, I know we will all be frustrated if it takes a long time to resolve, so let's hope not. Plus that way everyone else will actually get to see what these cars can really do outside of Shiv's car. I will personally get 60-130 times, 1/4 mi times, and run against some other high powered cars for all you guys to see when the car is running flawlessly (or good enough to make it worth it).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

No idea, maybe they can? The issue would be of deployment though, he would have to ship his DME back to them to reflash, test it out and see if it works, and once he finally gets the issue resolved have the DME flashed to turn it back on. I mean, you WANT misfire detection on to prevent potential damage if something goes south, but it makes it awfully hard to troubleshoot if the DME goes into limp mode before you can collect data.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Why can't the Vishnu flash just turn it off?
    They can, but in my eyes that is not an option. I believe Shiv is on the same page, as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Ok so other then personally not liking shiv, I find this crazy that he is actively selling a product that does not work, as with any product there will be hiccups, especially when it comes to changing an entire turbo setup around, BUT thats part of the testing part, you cant release a product that does not work.

Gt335coupe, I hope you get your car running better, I really would like to see these ST's run good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

For comparison purposes, my best times/mph at OSW with FBO+meth+stock turbos was (out of around 300+ passes):

117.xx on pump gas + meth
    12.30 @ 118.9 on race gas + meth

The best JB car (a buddy of mine) that I've seen out there FBO+meth-exhuast trapped:

117.xx (if I remember correctly)

So that shoudl be a good indicator of what the max trap speed of the stock turbos can do at OSW for comparison.

We don't get the great air that you see up north. A negative DA is still a myth to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Ok so other then personally not liking shiv, I find this crazy that he is actively selling a product that does not work, as with any product there will be hiccups, especially when it comes to changing an entire turbo setup around, BUT thats part of the testing part, you cant release a product that does not work.

Gt335coupe, I hope you get your car running better, I really would like to see these ST's run good.
    In all fairness to Shiv, this issue didn't come up with any of the previous cars (to my knowledge). And us 3 all bought our kits and had them installed around the same time (JMARS and I had our cars done within the same week, the other guy might have been done a week before ours were finished).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

They can, but in my eyes that is not an option. I believe Shiv is on the same page, as well.
    Why is it not an option in your eyes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

In all fairness to Shiv, this issue didn't come up with any of the previous cars (to my knowledge). And us 3 all bought our kits and had them installed around the same time (JMARS and I had our cars done within the same week, the other guy might have been done a week before ours were finished).
    I find it hard to believe 3 is just a coincidence on such a small sample size.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I don't know that anyone has been hiding this issue. I didn't have my issue confirmed until a little less than a week ago after I tried replacing coils and injectors on the cylinders.

We didn't know JMARS' car had the issue until last week when we tried to dyno it.

I'm not sure when the other guy found his issue, but it is fairly recent.

It would seem that is a respectful gesture to allow the tuner to have a chance to fix an issue before letting the world know. It's not without reason that there will be speed bumps on the way. Having said all that, I know we will all be frustrated if it takes a long time to resolve, so let's hope not. Plus that way everyone else will actually get to see what these cars can really do outside of Shiv's car. I will personally get 60-130 times, 1/4 mi times, and run against some other high powered cars for all you guys to see when the car is running flawlessly (or good enough to make it worth it).
    When JMARS took me for a spin after Fixxfest it went into limp mode and shut down. I will tell you one thing, it was fast as hell until it went into limp!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    When JMARS took me for a spin after Fixxfest it went into limp mode and shut down. I will tell you one thing, it was fast as hell until it went into limp!
    SOOOOO fast,

then it blew up.. lol jkjk Click here to enlarge

The single turbo car was at fixxfest? Why did it not run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why is it not an option in your eyes?
    For testing, it will be OK. But as a permanent solution, no. The issue needs to be resolved with all the cars safety features intact. This will better the community as a whole as it could very well be power dependant along with other conditions, which means it could rear its ugly head on other upgrades.
    The misfire doesn't happen at lower boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

What caused it to go limp? Someone could make a joke about seeing Shiv's face making the car and everyone in it go limp but let's be mature damn it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    SOOOOO fast,

then it blew up.. lol jkjk Click here to enlarge

The single turbo car was at fixxfest? Why did it not run?
    There were two. georgiatech335i's and JMARS. JMARS Procede was VIN locked and didn't get it fixed until the end of the event but I read another thread where he said he wasn't going to run it because he was afraid of stuff breaking. He said he bought it for bragging rights only. Not sure if that comment was serious or not.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

For testing, it will be OK. But as a permanent solution, no. The issue needs to be resolved with all the cars safety features intact. This will better the community as a whole as it could very well be power dependant along with other conditions, which means it could rear its ugly head on other upgrades.
    The misfire doesn't happen at lower boost.
    Misfires with the Procede didn't happen at lower boost either from what I understand, it was certain weather conditions as well as higher boost.

I agree with you, the ideal way to do it is with all features intact. In the mean time though, why not disable it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

What caused it to go limp? Someone could make a joke about seeing Shiv's face making the car and everyone in it go limp but let's be mature damn it.
    I'm guessing the same misfire that georgiatech335i is facing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I'm guessing the same misfire that georgiatech335i is facing.
    Seems we have a pattern folks.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast