Close

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    There was an article on here recently about an M3 in the 10s....maybe two M3s, can't remember.
    Oh, damn...missed those. Well, you can be the first in the 9s, right? Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    LOL....pos rep if i could.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Oh, damn...missed those. Well, you can be the first in the 9s, right? Click here to enlarge
    Yes, two m3's, but let's keep this on topic. Point being the M3's cost / result looks better at the moment and 10's, mid 10's, are easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, two m3's, but let's keep this on topic. Point being the M3's cost / result looks better at the moment and 10's, mid 10's, are easier.
    If you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Its obvious that the M3 in this case jumped and was chased down and if they kept going beyond the cone, the M3 would have been looking at tail lights.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

If you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.

http://youtu.be/TkNfB2IQkXc

Its obvious that the M3 in this case jumped and was chased down and if they kept going beyond the cone, the M3 would have been looking at tail lights.
    Don't waste my time with ESS-VT2 600 junk and videos where they start at different speeds. And let's just keep the thread on topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Adam's car is basically 100% stock full weight with around 575whp, compared to Shiv's "race car" with 800 (?) whp. I was really surprised it took Shiv that much time to make up the ground. A 200whp+ advantage in a lighter car using NLS to boot should make more of a difference up to 160mph IMHO.

PS. In terms of "potential" the universal standard is normally engine displacement. So all else being equal the car with larger motor has more potential. But if the goal is simply a low 11 second car the N54 that comes preequipped with boost is the easier and less expensive route. If it's a race to 9s, I would not bet against a supercharged or turbocharged M3.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 12-12-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I will be thoroughly impressed if someone smokes a FBO, tune and headers Z06 or an Alpha 9 GTR... Using an M3 vs 335i comparo in drag racing is like the special olympics in a way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Don't waste my time with ESS-VT2 600 junk and videos where they start at different speeds. And let's just keep the thread on topic.
    10-4

The 2,000 WHP Ford GT that was at the event sure as hell didn't make the fastest passes of the day and if the GT raced this M3 it probably would have looked very similar to this vid. Traction at the airstrip was crap and you can see smoke coming from the tires on the 335 when he starts at the first cone. More power usually has and adverse affect on traction, so your right M3's rock!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

10-4

The 2,000 WHP Ford GT that was at the event sure as hell didn't make the fastest passes of the day and if the GT raced this M3 it probably would have looked very similar to this vid. Traction at the airstrip was crap and you can see smoke coming from the tires on the 335 when he starts at the first cone. More power usually has and adverse affect on traction, so your right M3's rock!
    Seriously you want to do this?

You have 2 m3's in the 10's, 1 N54 with a single turbo, first E9x in the 10's was an M3, first e9x to break 130 traps (and 140 traps as well no doubt) was an M3, and the M3 seems to make much more efficient use of its power running quicker ET's with less power than even the OMG so super badass (just on paper) single turbo N54 kits.

You better believe the M3 will be the first to the 9's as well. It isn't a comparison, you have no argument, stick to the topic. Maybe talk about that fix so you don't get embarrassed by forced induction M3's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lol... a liter extra of displacement, 2 extra cylinders and a much quicker tranny. Now, what is it that we r surprised at? One is also an M car if I may point out... pound for pound the 335i is a clear winner and was never even meant to b a track car but a sport luxury dd.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Next thing you know there's going to be a MT vs DCT debate...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I'd trade my car for a M3 with a 625+ anyday ;D

But I'm just going to stick it out till the new M4 comes out.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Seriously you want to do this?

You have 2 m3's in the 10's, 1 N54 with a single turbo, first E9x in the 10's was an M3, first e9x to break 130 traps (and 140 traps as well no doubt) was an M3, and the M3 seems to make much more efficient use of its power running quicker ET's with less power than even the OMG so super badass (just on paper) single turbo N54 kits.

You better believe the M3 will be the first to the 9's as well. It isn't a comparison, you have no argument, stick to the topic. Maybe talk about that fix so you don't get embarrassed by forced induction M3's.
    Click here to enlarge

Sick M3....Kind of resembles a 335....oh wait it has a turbo inline 6....Where did that V8 go?

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I don't dislike M3's but you are very sensitive about the subject.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Sick M3....Kind of resembles a 335....oh wait it has a turbo inline 6....Where did that V8 go?
    So when a manufacturer makes an engine change in a model it's because, um, it's better? Why aren't they racing that inline-6 but instead trying to go to a bigger V8?

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I don't dislike M3's but you are very sensitive about the subject.
    No I just think you don't seem to know much about the subject because it's incredibly one-sided as of right now. I already told you to stick the topic but if you would like to continue by all means. Shouldn't you first figure out how to get your single turbo to stop misfiring before trying to play with faster cars anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Lol... a liter extra of displacement, 2 extra cylinders and a much quicker tranny. Now, what is it that we r surprised at? One is also an M car if I may point out... pound for pound the 335i is a clear winner and was never even meant to b a track car but a sport luxury dd.
    Dont forget a N54 DCT doest exist......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No I just think you don't seem to know much about the subject because it's incredibly one-sided as of right now. I already told you to stick the topic but if you would like to continue by all means. Shouldn't you first figure out how to get your single turbo to stop misfiring before trying to play with faster cars anyway?[/QUOTE]

The misfire is solved....I must know a little something if I figured out the "Misfire Mystery" that has been going on for a couple years. Don't even bring up racing bud...I grew up racing shifter karts with Joey Hand and racing M3 PTG cars...What racing experience do you have? Xbox?

Ohh and a little time in a winged sprint car....let me know when you can pull a wheelie in your M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

The misfire is solved....I must know a little something if I figured out the "Misfire Mystery"
    Not about what is going in the whole of E9X performance though apparently.

Oh so now you solved it, yet, can't talk about it right? So we get 10 more pages of speculation, awesome.

Don't even bring up racing bud...I grew up racing shifter karts with Joey Hand and racing M3 PTG cars...What racing experience do you have? Xbox?
    You racing shifter carts changes the drivetrain of cars BMW sells or has some kind of relevance to it? Logical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Oh so now you solved it, yet, can't talk about it right? So we get 10 more pages of speculation, awesome.

You racing shifter carts changes the drivetrain of cars BMW sells or has some kind of relevance to it? Logical.
    If you followed BMW racing you would know who Joey Hand is....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The only one speculating is you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Dont forget a N54 DCT doest exist......
    Yes, but at the track, they are surpsisingly the slowest and weakest so far.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The cost to get this car to 10s is ridiculous.
    so far it is yes.

I have a feeling thats going to change soon Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Umm are you talking about the drag strip ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I can say from personal experience that the one i know (@BuraQ) is maybe not the "fastest" in our area but right there as one of the quickest running an average 12.0 with very modest launches as of yet on street tires. J.S.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

If you followed BMW racing you would know who Joey Hand is....
    Is it this guy?

http://bimmerboost.com/content.php?2...acing-for-2012

Never heard of him. Never even knew BMW raced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

The only one speculating is you
    No, you haven't provided any info other than "fixed."

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast