Close

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    damn the luck

Or wait its fixed and put back together.
    //end thread

yup, it went from weeks of no known fix, to 1 post then a braingasm idea, to apart, inspected, parts ordered, parts arrived,installed fixed, buttoned up, and running smoothly in 24 hours..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I've said this once and I'll say it again...Misfires aside, this chassis is terrible at power levels above the mid 400's. You get terrible suspension, drivetrain, transmission issues and reliability issues past that level. We will not see a consistent 10 second 335i full street car ever... The fact that Shiv is the only one that has done 10's with essentially a drag setup is further proof... I wish the best of luck to all ST owners.
    I disagree with that sentence. Again this is opinion and it will be noted for later

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I disagree with that sentence. Again this is opinion and it will be noted for later
    Sub'd for later Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Bahaha Click here to enlarge
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree, running 10's is not magic; and hell, there are FWD street cars out there doing it. That configuration is the LEAST conducive to accelerating quickly in a straight line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love this $#@!ing thread. Tech talk punctuated by lulpics
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

....The DME has a fairly strong pull up on the CPS sensor and a good filtering algorithm. IMHO any signal noise would likely be interpreted as a missing tooth or gap error. You'd have to have the same noise in the exact same tooth the exact same way for several RPM to indicate misfire and I just don't see that happening every single time only under certain boost levels.

It is possible the misfire detection is simply overly sensitive and that at certain power levels a certain amount of "rough running" is inherent in the system. The fix would be to desensitize the misfire detection algorithm via the flash. Since that isn't possible the short term fix would be to disable misfire detection all together.
    This should be added to the N54 Psalms.....well said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There can only be one of two causes. Either the crankshaft is rotating at a slightly uneven speed, or it's not and the DME is picking up a mistimed signal. If you had CPS in play where you are reading and replicating the signal, possibly with reduced resolution, I'd say that is suspect #1. But, as I understand it many have bypassed it and the misfires continue.

The DME has a fairly strong pull up on the CPS sensor and a good filtering algorithm. IMHO any signal noise would likely be interpreted as a missing tooth or gap error. You'd have to have the same noise in the exact same tooth the exact same way for several RPM to indicate misfire and I just don't see that happening every single time only under certain boost levels.

It is possible the misfire detection is simply overly sensitive and that at certain power levels a certain amount of "rough running" is inherent in the system. The fix would be to desensitize the misfire detection algorithm via the flash. Since that isn't possible the short term fix would be to disable misfire detection all together.
    Terry, will you be able to turn off the misfire detection with the BMS flash (via Cobb)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Terry, will you be able to turn off the misfire detection with the BMS flash (via Cobb)?
    Sure, I can turn it off upon request. It's just a simple check box in the pro tuning interface.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It can be disabled in ATR also.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, didn't expect it to be that easy...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Wow, didn't expect it to be that easy...
    Yeah, ATR is no joke. It really is an amazing tool.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    They need to quit being girls; build the motor and stick a Gt4780 on. I mean they did say it was a modern supra; right? lol
    If I recall.. you said the same thing on the other form... just sayin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The cost to get this car to 10s is ridiculous. It makes more sense to just get a base model Vette if that's hat people are aiming for. The limitation is the platform itself and the small displacement. If you want 10s on pump gas you are going to have big lag and it won't be a "street" car anymore. Never mind all the cash you need for LSD, suspension, clutch, axles (like really, why are they so damn weak), driveshaft, fuel pumpS, tunes, turbos, piping, intercooler, etc. I agree there will be daily drivers in the 10s. I wouldn't call them street cars though personally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread delivers!!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The cost to get this car to 10s is ridiculous. It makes more sense to just get a base model Vette if that's hat people are aiming for. The limitation is the platform itself and the small displacement. If you want 10s on pump gas you are going to have big lag and it won't be a "street" car anymore. Never mind all the cash you need for LSD, suspension, clutch, axles (like really, why are they so damn weak), driveshaft, fuel pumpS, tunes, turbos, piping, intercooler, etc. I agree there will be daily drivers in the 10s. I wouldn't call them street cars though personally.
    Go buy a Civic...
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    If I recall.. you said the same thing on the other form... just sayin
    Very nice of you to notice... I havent been on the post for over a year now.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Just to point out, full street car means different things to different people... An Fbo 335i is a full street car to me. You really can't go out and change diffs, build trannies, run gallons of meth, completely shift the power curve, drive on drag radials and still be considered a full street car.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Go buy a Civic...
    I don't get it? Are you saying I should have to make all those compromises?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The cost to get this car to 10s is ridiculous.
    Not for the M3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not for the M3 Click here to enlarge
    You will end up spending way more to get an M3 into the 10s. Won't your car be the first M3 in the 10s when it is finished?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    You will end up spending way more to get an M3 into the 10s. Won't your car be the first M3 in the 10s when it is finished?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Opps sorry. I'm guessing something else happened pushing the project back again? =(
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Opps sorry. I'm guessing something else happened pushing the project back again? =(
    There was an article on here recently about an M3 in the 10s....maybe two M3s, can't remember.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast