Close

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Shiv
    Ok, interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You go first.
    I think the achilees heel in this car is an ecu that is far too complex and finicky... if someone were to open their wallets and try out a standalone to run the turbo and all associated power components while retaining the stock ecu for traction and so forth; then we would probably be in a better position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I think the achilees heel in this car is an ecu that is far too complex and finicky... if someone were to open their wallets and try out a standalone to run the turbo and all associated power components while retaining the stock ecu for traction and so forth; then we would probably be in a better position.
    The standalones that support direct injection are pretty expensive. The best bet would be to get something working with the stock ECU like undercover is trying to do with the proEFI.

That, or you can always get an E46 M3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, there is a great project for you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That, or you can always get an E46 M3
    Weak lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Hey, there is a great project for you Click here to enlarge
    No way Jose... I am a max 400 whp guy (fbo and e85), past that its called a GTR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No way Jose... I am a max 400 whp guy (fbo and e85), past that its called a GTR.
    Meh Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Weak lol
    Stronger...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stronger...
    Weak choice, Old car, been done where's the challenge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Weak choice and Old car
    I think you should probably stick to comments on the N54 platform. This statement is so absurd I won't even justify it with a response on why it's so absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you should probably stick to comments on the N54 platform. This statement is so absurd I won't even justify it with a response on why it's so absurd.
    LOL you brought the m3 bs into this thread...again!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meh Click here to enlarge
    The only other cars that I could see myself in are the c63 and z06. C63 cant handle at all, I don't have enough hair on my chest for a Z06. Past that it would be a 911 turbo which is too expensive for me or just wait for the next m3 to be a year old.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is not an issue pertaining to the ST kit or the MSD80 or MDS81.....Since most of you guys like to talk smack and speculate then feel free to find the problem on your own. Per the majority request in doubting what I have found, I'll keep it to myself for now and focus on helping the other two guys that are in the same boat for now. After we have fixed those 3 then you will know 100% that the problem is solved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    typical
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    You're kind of being a computer jockey and a huge drama queen by blue balling the entire forum. If you really do have a solution, come out and say it. Instead you are perpetuating what you claim to be above. Its pretty gross and tbh if this is your style, I would rather find a solution elsewhere. Maybe you were just drunk last night or something, hope you come around and we all can get on to furthering this platform.
    Go find your solution elsewhere then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not holding my breath unfortunately. In my time on this platform, if it can't be fixed quickly it will take a long time or never fixed.

Took two years for shift bogging to be mostly fixed, two years for any work on 6AT timing flatline to be worked on, and hopefully not two years for this phantom misfire issue to be resolved.

I am just happy all those HPFP issues from when this platform back in the early days was mostly resolved. Was the only thing preventing the N54 from being relatively reliable in stock form

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Go find your solution elsewhere then.
    You have to understand that it wont affect us, because none of us have ST's, it only negatively affects Shiv, and FFTEC, and the entire ST platform that there is no solution.

we are all just hoping you can get it fixed so we can see what the system can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    You have to understand that it wont affect us, because none of us have ST's, it only negatively affects Shiv, and FFTEC, and the entire ST platform that there is no solution.

we are all just hoping you can get it fixed so we can see what the system can do.
    This isn't in anyway specific to Vishnu or FFtec and will continue to be an issue for any MT car making 500hp or more regardless of who made their turbo setup. This will happen with RB's, Vargas, ASR....and any others that are pushing a lot of power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

Hey, keep in mind it still affects my car and I know of a few others that aren't ST...let's try to stay reasonable guys and stick to the facts..this is an "N54 platform" issue
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, keep in mind it still affects my car and I know of a few others that aren't ST...let's try to stay reasonable guys, this is an "N54 platform" issue
    That is true, but my point was we just want to see your car's run properly. Its not hurting us as much as its hurting the users with the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    tmo335tt why are you treating this like you have the cure to cancer and its gonna make you a millionaire? are there any good reasons not to share your ideas?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I'm not holding my breath unfortunately. In my time on this platform, if it can't be fixed quickly it will take a long time or never fixed.

Took two years for shift bogging to be mostly fixed, two years for any work on 6AT timing flatline to be worked on, and hopefully not two years for this phantom misfire issue to be resolved.
    It's always been a problem of "Red Herrings" that lead you off on tangents. But with the "flatline fix" I think we're finally making solid progress. The first step was accepting it was an actual mapping issue and not just knock. It took me 2 years to get to that point. Click here to enlarge Then I realized it was coming up more frequently on the ISO firmware which pointed me towards the analysis that led to this potential fix. Anyway I'm hoping for the best on it. As I told Chuck I've been fooled before so until we get a few previously "flatlining" cars out doing 1/4 mile pulls with the new firmware we won't know for sure. At the very least we're on the right track.

On the manual trans misfires, in my experience it's different every time. We have a few manual cars putting out 500-520rw without reporting any misfire codes so I'd be surprised if there was some inherent hardware issue that affects all manual transmission cars in that power range. Beyond that power level I have not personally explored much so I'll defer to those who have. I do understand the mechanics and electronics of the N54 very well so if anyone wants to throw a theory out I'd be happy to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    tmo335tt why are you treating this like you have the cure to cancer and its gonna make you a millionaire? are there any good reasons not to share your ideas?
    This is nothing but a hobby to me. I have no business in this market and don't plan to make a dime. Everyone has been skeptical so I don't want to "jump the gun" here. Be patient.

As a matter of fact I help people out a lot for nothing in return. One guy just emailed me and has a blown DME, he is coming to my house to have me fix it and I don't expect anything in return. All that I get is the satisfaction that the dealer didn't get to take another person for a couple thousand bucks when it can be solved for less than $5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    This is not an issue pertaining to the ST kit or the MSD80 or MDS81.....Since most of you guys like to talk smack and speculate then feel free to find the problem on your own. Per the majority request in doubting what I have found, I'll keep it to myself for now and focus on helping the other two guys that are in the same boat for now. After we have fixed those 3 then you will know 100% that the problem is solved.
    Doesn't really give anyone much confidence in you. Kind of immature behavior.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Or at least something basic regarding the central idea here?

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast