Close

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 1091
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    all noted Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    remember the name Ak335i lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    They need to quit being girls; build the motor and stick a Gt4780 on. I mean they did say it was a modern supra; right? lol
    Oh sure, you can stick a GT47 on a stock motor Supra Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Oh sure, you can stick a GT47 on a stock motor Supra Click here to enlarge
    are you talking about this tiny thing?

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    are you talking about this tiny thing?

    Click here to enlarge
    Sure Click here to enlarge lol try that on a stock motor supra and turn it up!
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,163.2
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sure Click here to enlarge lol try that on a stock motor supra and turn it up!
    you could push it, or toe it..




  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sure Click here to enlarge lol try that on a stock motor supra and turn it up!
    The funny thing is that I think the turbo on the right may be smaller than what Shiv is using lolol.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    The funny thing is that I think the turbo on the right may be smaller than what Shiv is using lolol.
    Haha thats what i was thinking. The GT47 could swallow up a small dog
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Points
    305.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    We will not see a consistent 10 second 335i full street car ever...
    Everyone has a different definition of "full street" and I'm not sure whether RWD guys will do this and still meet your definition. But I predict that eventually it will be XI guys that prove you wrong by any definition.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sure Click here to enlarge lol try that on a stock motor supra and turn it up!
    What flywheel are you running? Were you ever running the stock dual mass when you encountered your misfire issues?

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    It is no secret that the N52 has major problems with bad lifters, the N54 uses the same lifters (same part #). I know this SIB doesn't list the N54 but we could still be experiencing this same issue that causes problems with many other BMW engines.

    Situation 2


    Binding HVA element.
    Cause
    An HVA element which is binding (element stuck in the extended position) will not allow avalve (intake or exhaust) to seat properly causing valve seat leakage.
    This type of HVA failure may not cause a tapping/rattling noise but the customer complaint may be, "engine runs rough during the warm up phase and runs good when warmed up" and/or the "Check Engine" lamp is on.
    If the "Check Engine" lamp is illuminated due to a binding HVA element(s) one or more misfire fault codes may be set in the Engine Control Module (ECM/DME).
    Note: Basic troubleshooting should be performed First before checking for a binding HVA element to eliminate all other possible factors/components which could set the misfire faults such as low fuel level, a faulty spark plug, etc.
    Troubleshooting Tips:
    If there is a binding HVA element in one or more cylinders as described above a misfire fault can typically be reproduced in the affected cylinderfs) by duplicating the conditions in which the misfire occurred according to the DME/ECM fault code description i.e., at engine temperature = X, engine speed = X, etc.
    A binding HVA element which is causing a misfire in one specific cylinder will not "move" to an other cylinder and will always cause a misfire fault in the affected cylinder.
    Performing the "Smooth-Running" test (found in the DME control unit functions section of DIS) will assist in pin pointing a cylinder with a binding HVA element.
    A cylinder with a binding HVA element will indicate a high reading when compared to the other good cylinders.
    Since a binding HVA element may in some cases be intermittent (engine only runs rough when cold) if a cylinder leak down check is used for troubleshooting this should be performed when the problem exists, for example: compare the cylinder leakage rates to each other with a cold engine to determine the cylinder with the extreme leakage rate.
    A cylinder with a binding HVA element will indicate a leakage rate above 15%.
    Remove suspected HVA elements and visually inspect.
    A binding HVA element will typically have a high pressure piston (located in the center of the HVA element body) which extends out approximately 3 mm further when compared to the other HVA elements removed from the cylinder head.
    Replace any binding HVA element(s) and check others for extreme wear (deep grooves, scratches, etc.) which may also need to be replaced.
    Note: Always reinstall used HVA elements in the same bore which they were removed from. This prevents possible binding due to different wear patterns between the bore in the HVA housing and HVA element.



    http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Arti..._problems.aspx
    You sir raise an interesting theory and a great point here.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I think that I have another and better theory now. Just wanna know the what Dzenno is or was runnig.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,926
    Rep Points
    1,372.7
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    What flywheel are you running? Were you ever running the stock dual mass when you encountered your misfire issues?
    He got the misfires with DMFW. Georgiatech335 could test if single mass flywheel helps.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a different definition of "full street" and I'm not sure whether RWD guys will do this and still meet your definition. But I predict that eventually it will be XI guys that prove you wrong by any definition.

    I am not the one that ever claimed he is selling a full street package 10 second car; Shiv did... just going to point that out.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know that there is nothing wrong with Shivs tune or the Procede.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    I know that there is nothing wrong with Shivs tune or the Procede.
    Based on...?

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Based on all the work I have done over the last month dealing with this issue.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Based on all the work I have done over the last month dealing with this issue.
    So your suggestion on resolving the issue is..?

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    I've been through everything on my e90 and it has been a very frustrating process. There are a bunch of computer jockeys on here that take cheap shots at people and start fights to try and make a point. I'm not one of them and I don't help people like that.. some dick earlier was saying he guaranteed that the problem was too much meth. Lostmarine tried to jump in and pull up my old posts as if he was going to jam me up but he didn't know that I have two 335's. The bottom line is that the guys who are having the misfire issue will get their problem resolved and the rest can try to figure it out themselves...good luck. Also Dzenno will be happy to find out that I figured it out. I appreciate all of his posts that were helpful and at least he was wrenching and not just posting BS.
    Last edited by tmo335tt; 12-11-2012 at 03:30 AM.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    I've been through everything on my e90 and it has been a very frustrating process. There are a bunch of computer jockeys on here that take cheap shots at people and start fights to try and make a point. I'm not one of them and I don't help people like that.. some dick earlier was saying he guaranteed that the problem was too much meth. Lostmarine tried to jump in and pull up my old posts as if he was going to jam me up but he didn't know that I have two 335's. The bottom line is that the guys who are having the misfire issue will get their problem resolved and the rest can try to figure it out themselves...good luck. Also Dzenno will be happy to find out that I figured it out. I appreciate all of his posts that were helpful and at least he was wrenching and not just posting BS.
    I have no doubt it will be resolved I just don't see how can you say it's not a tuning issue when it seems the answer right now is in the software.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    You will know in time but I promise you that it is not a turning problem. Dzenno has the problem and he doesn't have a procede. It would be wise not to jump on the tune as the culprit, it may save you from eating your words. Take a poll as to how many guys have actually opened up their motors themselves, I bet you can count them on one hand.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    You will know in time but I promise you that it is not a turning problem. Dzenno has the problem and he doesn't have a procede. It would be wise not to jump on the tune as the culprit, it may save you from eating your words. Take a poll as to how many guys have actually opened up their motors themselves, I bet you can count them on one hand.
    I'm not jumping on the tune I'm saying it seems the current "solution" seems to be through software. So then if you think you have this down hardware wise please share now.

    How many guys have or have not opened up their motors is irrelevant.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Its very relevant, I bust my knuckles and work out my own problems and some Dbag on here just talks $#@! and hides behind his computer and has no real useful info. I will help out but as you know Dzenno spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem and so did I, I haven't shared this info with Shiv even as of yet.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,881
    Rep Points
    31,858.7
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmo335tt Click here to enlarge
    Its very relevant, I bust my knuckles and work out my own problems and some Dbag on here just talks $#@! and hides behind his computer and has no real useful info. I will help out but as you know Dzenno spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem and so did I, I haven't shared this info with Shiv even as of yet.
    Why are you putting in the time on this and not Shiv? Shouldn't he be married to an N54 until this is solved?

    We can't guess, if you feel hardware is involved please share. Dzenno's "solution" was software related.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •