Close

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm

Was nice to see this sitting in my inbox. Ran what it ran, not going to say anything hopefully the owner gives some details. Ran at a rental and people will find out. Car belongs to georgiatechcoupe335i.

The car is a 6MT I believe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yep, 6MT. I don't know the guy, but I know on e90 he mentioned he was having issues with misfires on 2 cylinders. Too bad Shivs flash can't disable misfire detection.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.8@117 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I heard he had tuning issues and was short shifting around 6200. Sounds like there were real problems. Let's let the driver speak for himself please.
    pt6466 FFTEC 355i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX
    Beat up 240sx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard he had tuning issues and was short shifting around 6200. Sounds like there were real problems. Let's let the driver speak for himself please.
    I believe he was short shifting to avoid the misfire detection from shutting cylinders Down. Poor guy has replaced coils plugs and injectors to no avail. Another one bites the dust. He should take a tip from bigtom and buy a GTR.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm sure as hell not a Vishnu fanbois(hence my e90 ban... and $#@! sikh335) but i'm not going to knock them for what was potentially a fluke bad pass. The kits obviously make power but they are having issues. Issues that may not be related to the kits.

Again, not coming from a fanbois... and, again, $#@! sikh335.

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The kits obviously make power but they are having issues. Issues that may not be related to the kits.
    Exactly, but no need to pretend like there can't possibly be anything that needs work or that it's all perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, but no need to pretend like there can't possibly be anything that needs work or that it's all perfect.
    I agree 100%. They shouldn't be ridiculed for having issues because they're the first ones to really push this platform as far as they have. HOWEVER, they deserve all the $#@!, and more, that comes their way for hiding those issues(which appears to be the case.)

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    They shouldn't be ridiculed for having issues because they're the first ones to really push this platform as far as they have. HOWEVER, they deserve all the $#@!, and more, that comes their way for hiding those issues(which appears to be the case.)
    apparently they aren't pushing the platform any further than RBs. they seem to be going backwards actually lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The guy's having tuning/hardware issues, been there, done that. I've run 12.1@122.5 on RB turbos, does this mean I'm faster than he is? In the quarter mile maybe, but from a roll, I don't stand a chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    apparently they aren't pushing the platform any further than RBs. they seem to be going backwards actually lol
    Yes and no. As far as RBs go they haven't blown them out of the water at the strip like they should have.

However, as far as total power output, how they've shifted the torque curve to the right and 60-130 times they have blown them out the water. Or at least Shiv's car has...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Disappointing result but it's unfair to judge if the car has hardware or tuning issues. Unfortunately it's a PIA to troubleshoot this neverending misfire saga on the N54.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I ran the single vishnu turbo e92 yesterday, spoke personally to georgiatechcoupe335i and JMARS who has the same.setup. its nothing unique what is happening to georgiatechcoupe335i . Already so far reported or know 3 people have same identicle problem.

So to make it very clear, so the owners do not get flamed, the car just could not dial in due to issues, and is very capable of making 117+ speed traps. In Orlando he was able to do 121+ mph in a 1/4 mile

So if any vids come to surface please don't flame the owners of these cars, Shiv nedds to fly his azz to one of these states and diagnose the problem so it could help others
    > COBB ATR SelfTuned: 12.1 ET @ 120.61 mph in 1/4 mile
    > RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile
    > Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
    > 400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only
    "BMW DCT 335is" on Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I ran the single vishnu turbo e92 yesterday, spoke personally to georgiatechcoupe335i and JMARS who has the same.setup. its nothing unique what is happening to georgiatechcoupe335i . Already so far reported or know 3 people have same identicle problem.

So to make it very clear, so the owners do not get flamed, the car just could not dial in due to issues, and is very capable of making 117+ speed traps. In Orlando he was able to do 121+ mph in a 1/4 mile

So if any vids come to surface please don't flame the owners of these cars, Shiv nedds to fly his azz to one of these states and diagnose the problem so it could help others
    So the old Vishnu misfire problem rears its head again? That's the issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I thoguht the 6MTs were working fine? Needs more meth nozzles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looks like the old adage still holds true that it's good to let others try out new products to make sure all the bugs are worked out Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes, I am having some issues with misfires at ~6500rpm, very similar to the same issue that DZENNO had (who never had a Vishnu Single). We are still working on a solution. This forces me to shift aroun 6300 or I'm guaranteed to go limp.

At PBIR, I only managed to get one clean run, which was my first run. I was shifting at 6200-6200 (900-1000rpm short of redline). I did 12.50 at 121.6mph.

The Friday night before at OSW I did 12.7 at 123mph.

All these passes were at 23psi. Once everything looks good and is running right, I will go up to 25psi (which is where I would make close to the claimed 650whp). At 23 psi and at 6300rpm, it's probably making 510-520whp.

From my experience drag racing, I'd be willing to bet a good some of money that the car will trap over 130mph when I can shift at 7200rpm at 25psi.

Other issues I'm having is my ACT clutch is dragging. I couldn't stay still at the line and hold rpm without rolling past the beams. This also means I couldn't use 2-step to launch. Try launching a big turbo car without building boost. It is no fun and is laggy as hell, so I'm essentially wasting distance.

I also couldn't use NLS because of the ACT clutch. It doesn't work well because of the low engagement point. ACT clutch is coming out this week for a new Spec clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I did not have one clean run against BuraQ, unfortunately. 2 times I misshifted into 3rd, the other 2-3 times I had a misfire, all of them had bad bog off the line. I can post logs of every run if you don't believe me. I will post my slips of the 1 clean run at OSW and at PBIR.

Also, these were all on pump 93 + meth, full street trim. No LSD or suspension mods (yet). Coil overs going in this week, and still debating on what to do with the rear end (DSS + quaife or M3 LSD and axles).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Is Shiv experiencing this same problem on his car?

So let me guess, the other two guys lost patience and put their cars up for sale. One is parting out the other is selling as is from what I understand.

So, it's going to take some time for a fix or to isolate it. But 3 single turbo cars an 3 sets of misfire issues? I mean someone would have to be foolish to think they are not related to the tuning and just a coincidence at this point.

I really hope it's straightened out for you and I have no doubt it will be. Just a matter of time it would seem. Nice to at least know what is going on though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I can post logs of every run if you don't believe me. I will post my slips of the 1 clean run at OSW and at PBIR.
    Not a bad idea...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I am having some issues with misfires at ~6500rpm, very similar to the same issue that DZENNO had (who never had a Vishnu Single). We are still working on a solution. This forces me to shift aroun 6300 or I'm guaranteed to go limp.

At PBIR, I only managed to get one clean run, which was my first run. I was shifting at 6200-6200 (900-1000rpm short of redline). I did 12.50 at 121.6mph.

The Friday night before at OSW I did 12.7 at 123mph.

All these passes were at 23psi. Once everything looks good and is running right, I will go up to 25psi (which is where I would make close to the claimed 650whp). At 23 psi and at 6300rpm, it's probably making 510-520whp.

From my experience drag racing, I'd be willing to bet a good some of money that the car will trap over 130mph when I can shift at 7200rpm at 25psi.

Other issues I'm having is my ACT clutch is dragging. I couldn't stay still at the line and hold rpm without rolling past the beams. This also means I couldn't use 2-step to launch. Try launching a big turbo car without building boost. It is no fun and is laggy as hell, so I'm essentially wasting distance.

I also couldn't use NLS because of the ACT clutch. It doesn't work well because of the low engagement point. ACT clutch is coming out this week for a new Spec clutch.
    Congrats on the good results despite of the misfiring. This seems to be a difficult problem with the high powered end of the N54 platform and I hope you will find a solution other than turning the misfire detection off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Last, in the interest of full disclosure, I want to post that the ETs at PBIR are inflated. I will make sure to go back there when I have the proper setup and want to run 10s lol.

At OSW, my VBOX ET is always almost dead on with my slip (sometimes 0.1 slower as it rounds) and MPH is 1-2 mph faster.

AT PBIR, the MPH was correct, but my VBOX read anywhere from 0.2-0.4 seconds SLOWER than my slip. The timing blocks must not be setup right at the end of the track. Maybe they do this to make people happy to run there. So my 12.50 is more like a 12.7-12.8 at PBIR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is Shiv experiencing this same problem on his car?

So let me guess, the other two guys lost patience and put their cars up for sale. One is parting out the other is selling as is from what I understand.

So, it's going to take some time for a fix or to isolate it. But 3 single turbo cars an 3 sets of misfire issues? I mean someone would have to be foolish to think they are not related to the tuning and just a coincidence at this point.

I really hope it's straightened out for you and I have no doubt it will be. Just a matter of time it would seem. Nice to at least know what is going on though.
    The other 2 guys have not put up their cars for sale. I've been speaking with both.

I hope it's straightened out too as it is very frustrating. That was the point of the exercise at PBIR, to get logs to analyze, not to break any record times.

Shiv has been working with me, very diligently, to find a solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Also, I feel like the title of this thread is very misleading. Yes, my car did do that, but that was on a mis shift into 3rd.

Should be titled "Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm"

This seems like it would make for better technical discussion with less unhelpful bashing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Should be titled "Vishnu Single Turbo at PBIR - 12.50@121.6 having to shift all gears at 6300rpm"

This seems like it would make for better technical discussion with less unhelpful bashing.
    Fair enough I was not aware of your other runs had I been of course I would have listed the best run. A slip confirming would be appreciated for the change as nobody else cited it. Taking you at your word and editing as a courtesy to provide a non-biased thread.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast