Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Engine Malfuction/ Limp mode (just installed DP's)

Hey guys i just had my AR design catless DP's installed on my 335xi and couple things going wrong. 1 is i always had a little rattle on my car thought it was the waste-gate rattle, never really bothered me but now after the dp's are installed i feel like its a lot louder. (idk if that makes sense). Also my car is a little jittery with the boost, after going WOT or just driving for 15 mins or so my car goes into reduced engine power mode and is throwing these 2 codes
    -2e8e
    -30ff

Yes auto-clear is on and it still continues to go into limp mode every time i turn by car back on and drive around.
    What would you guys suggest that i can try without going back to shop right away.

Thanks, Ant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Youre downpipes will increse wastegate ratte.

p30ff is a boost leak code, there is lot of information on it, check your chargepipe, and intercooler piping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    (Assuming DPs are the only change) Either the DPs aren't seated correctly or the clamp for one of the waste gates is clocked incorrectly and is blocking the WG actuator.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    (Assuming DPs are the only change) Either the DPs aren't seated correctly or the clamp for one of the waste gates is clocked incorrectly and is blocking the WG actuator.
    Yea that's the only thing that iv changed and this happened right after i got them installed so must be something with the downpipes i hope that's all it is. Gonna bring it back to the shop and let them take a look.