Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Google is kicking the $#@! out of Apple and Microsoft in the mobile market

Google is simply taking over the world. Microsoft might as well pack it up if Google releases their own desktop OS especially if it's free and open source. Apple can't bank on the Iphone being "cool" forever either:

Android powers 71% of all new smartphones sold. In Q3 they sold a staggering 121 million new units or 1.3 million new devices every single day, Saturdays and Sundays included. And Android keeps growing.Android grew sales 18% - not in a year, in just one quarter! For the Christmas Quarter, Q4, expect total Android unit sales (including tablets) to easily pass 50 million - per MONTH. That rate is almost twice what all traditional PCs, desktops and laptops - the domain of Microsoft's past glory, Windows - manages to sell, and Windows does not power all PCs anymore, not even close.

Yes, now the margin of victory is beyond any dispute, Google's Android is currently selling so much more, in new digital devices, than any other open or closed platform in the world, that Google is the winner.

Android Won. Windows Lost. Now what? We have passed the tipping point now, the balance has tipped and can't be flipped...

Android will breach the rarefied Billion user club in just six months from today, by June of 2013. A Billion users? Only a handful of brands have ever reached that lofty level. Facebook, Skype, Windows, Nokia, Coca Cola, Visa and Mastercard. And by 2015 Android will join the truly exclusive club of 2 Billion users, doubling that club's size from 1 to 2, joining Visa, which just this year hit the 2 Billion active Visa credit card level. It took the Visa brand 32 years to hit 2 Billion cards in use. Google will achieve that level with Android in 7 years from launch in 2008. And the frightening part? Google will breach the 3 Billion user level in only .. one further year! Yes by the end of 2016 Android will be in the exclusive altitude of 3 Billion concurrent active devices in use of the technology and the Google brand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

$#@! APPLE =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

These statistics are always funny... of course Android will have a larger market share. It's an open OS used by tons of manufacturers. Apple is a closed OS used only on the Iphone, Ipad and Ipod... the real seller of IOS is the Iphone so unless 70% of the market had one phone; it's impossible for apple to be even close. Why don't we compare the best selling Android phone ever to any iteration of the Iphone and we will be much close? There is a reason Apple products are liked so much; the closed OS has its advantages in terms of reliablity and things actually working and being extremely easy to setup. No other OS that I have ever played with including Android has ever had even remotely the user friendliness of the GUI or ease of use of iOS. This is coming from someone who's had an SGII, three windows phones and a bunch of other $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    These statistics are always funny... of course Android will have a larger market share. It's an open OS used by tons of manufacturers. Apple is a closed OS used only on the Iphone, Ipad and Ipod... the real seller of IOS is the Iphone so unless 70% of the market had one phone; it's impossible for apple to be even close. Why don't we compare the best selling Android phone ever to any iteration of the Iphone and we will be much close? There is a reason Apple products are liked so much; the closed OS has its advantages in terms of reliablity and things actually working and being extremely easy to setup. No other OS that I have ever played with including Android has ever had even remotely the user friendliness of the GUI or ease of use of iOS. This is coming from someone who's had an SGII, three windows phones and a bunch of other $#@!.
    Just like your story being funny on how great and stable that iOS is. It must be so much fun buying the same kind of phone with the same looking OS every single year right? And man that Android interface and those icons are soo hard and tough to navigate, and that Windows 8 on the Nokia 920, man what slow and complete garbage that is..... nothing like that sweet smooth Apple iOS, where I can use something other than iTunes....oh wait.....where I can customize my interface....oh wait, where I can control how many home screens I have.....oh wait......where I can go and buy an ebook somewhere else other than iBooks....oh wait.....

Man that is awesome!!! Where can I get one?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Just like your story being funny on how great and stable that iOS is. It must be so much fun buying the same kind of phone with the same looking OS every single year right? And man that Android interface and those icons are soo hard and tough to navigate, and that Windows 8 on the Nokia 920, man what slow and complete garbage that is..... nothing like that sweet smooth Apple iOS, where I can use something other than iTunes....oh wait.....where I can customize my interface....oh wait, where I can control how many home screens I have.....oh wait......where I can go and buy an ebook somewhere else other than iBooks....oh wait.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnkW...e=results_main
    ARE YOU 10 YEARS OLD? There is a reason people would want the same exact phone with a near identical GUI and layout... The fact that you can customize less is the reason why almost everything on this phone works like it should. Please do not talk to me about reliability, I've been all around and the Iphone is the easiest to hate on because it's one device but the device speaks for itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnkW...e=results_main
    He must not have been able to understand IOS because of over simplicity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

ARE YOU 10 YEARS OLD? There is a reason people would want the same exact phone with a near identical GUI and layout... The fact that you can customize less is the reason why almost everything on this phone works like it should. Please do not talk to me about reliability, I've been all around and the Iphone is the easiest to hate on because it's one device but the device speaks for itself.
    Are you? Who in their right mind doesn't want to see any changes to the UI? Oh wait, are you going to tell me that the iOS is so perfect that there is no room for improvement? But wait, it can't be that perfect since it's been copying Androids notification bar, and HTC's unlocking screen.....yeah it doesn't need change. Who the hell wants the same anything all the time? People over the age of 70? Dumb people? Other than that I have no idea who else would fall into that category.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Are you? Who in their right mind doesn't want to see any changes to the UI? Oh wait, are you going to tell me that the iOS is so perfect that there is no room for improvement? But wait, it can't be that perfect since it's been copying Androids notification bar, and HTC's unlocking screen.....yeah it doesn't need change. Who the hell wants the same anything all the time? People over the age of 70? Dumb people? Other than that I have no idea who else would fall into that category.
    obviously not you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I actually prefer my iphone due to the fact that it's simple and works. I have no need to jailbreak/hack or whatever...it's my phone that I depend on for communication.

Now my tablet that's a different story. After getting my Google Nexus 7, I must say that I love the ability to root it and customize it to my liking. Jellybean is awesome much better then when I played with ICS. Comparing the Nexus 7 to the ipad mini is no comparison imo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

FWIW, I never liked apple since they sold only macs back in the 90s. The ipod and iphone were/are great devices and would never have been created around the time they were without a man like Jobs pushing it. But the true business brilliance wasn't in taking a bunch of things that already existed and integrating them together into a nice phone (with a great os), it was how smart/ballsy Jobs was once he realized what he had.

Jobs was smart and the first to get any major concessions out of the iron curtain that is the wireless carriers. More importantly, Jobs figured out how to set up and milk multiple revenue streams with itunes, the device sales, licensed peripheral sales and even wireless plan revenue sharing. AT&T gave up a lot in 2007 but the phone was such a success it reinvigorated an entire market by itself and drove a sea change in how the carriers dealt with phone oems.

But anyone that knows the history of technology and appliances etc knows that any new/cool device has its run but all will eventually become commoditized. The iphone had a 2yr head start on what is a 5yr run since its introduction and android caught and passed it that quickly.

iphones are great but apple's model really appeals to people who just want primarily a reliable and simple smart phone. You give up a lot for that simplicity. Android offers a lot better and wider range of hardware that's constantly improving so if hardware and choice matter a lot to you, buy android. Itunes sucks nuts too but some people like its simplicity. I work in IT and Android is fine with me.

Apple's stock is off 20% since sept and people are trying to figure out if they've peaked. I dont know but I've been predicting their drop from the commoditization of what was cool hardware for a while. It may not be a crash either but a slow grinding decline as Samsung and others chip away at them for years.

Android is stll young yet also. Give it time to mature and it will be a pretty great os just like ios. The Android hardware is already better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Good day to you sir... i am off to masturbate to my iphone 5s new larger screen.What a dumb conversation this is...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol. I love the iphone5 but it doesn't look good for Apple now that Steve Jobs is gone (rip). Iphone5 does everything I want it to do: LTE, 64gb hd, nice sized screen, pocket friendly, long lasting battery and multiple ways to sync/backup. I'm not sure what I would want next in a phone so I'm good with the iphone5. I'm curious what Android does better than iPhone tho.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I had an iPhone and now I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2. There are some features that I miss from the iPhone, but it isn't enough to sway me to switch the next time I am due for an upgrade. I can safely say that I enjoy my phone a lot now that I don't have to deal with the bull$#@! that is known as iTunes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Good day to you sir... i am off to masturbate to my iphone 5s new larger screen.What a dumb conversation this is...
    Yet your post is full of intelligence and value....utterly oozing brilliance Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have had Androids before, and my wife has a Galaxy S3 for work. We both prefer our iPhones 4S better than even the S3. IMO the iOS is much smoother, and reliable than Android, and the simplicity it brings is also a plus. Android might be better than when I had my Droid X or Droid 2, but at this point I don't think I'm ready to give them another try just yet. I'm a very happy iPhone user and I dont even own the 5. Anyways, to each their own..............
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'll be rockin my blackberry till RIM shuts down their last server.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

It sure is fun having Apple tell you when you can whipe your butt. It has its advantages for people who don't know any better, like my mom.

What exactly is so hard about Android? I switched from IOS, wasn't like learning a new language. Just as easy and felt intuitive. Also offers far more freedom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

People afraid of change or who are overwhelmed with electronics easily, sure. It's the perfect phone for senior citizens.

I like being able to change out my battery. I like external storage. I really like that I can just drag and drop files as it should be rather than use junk software like Itunes which is forced onto me.

It's like the PC versus Mac debate which Mac lost a long time ago.

The Iphone just isn't all that great, it was though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    I actually prefer my iphone due to the fact that it's simple and works. I have no need to jailbreak/hack or whatever...it's my phone that I depend on for communication.

Now my tablet that's a different story. After getting my Google Nexus 7, I must say that I love the ability to root it and customize it to my liking. Jellybean is awesome much better then when I played with ICS. Comparing the Nexus 7 to the ipad mini is no comparison imo.
    If you are enjoying rooting your tablet the phone takes it to a whole different level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hnic357 Click here to enlarge
    I'm curious what Android does better than iPhone tho.
    Everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Like I said to each their own. People love to judge whoever is not using the same device they are.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Like I said to each their own. People love to judge whoever is not using the same device they are.
    Well what fun would there be in having it if you didn't?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm not a fanboy of either Android or iOS, but market share is only part of the story:

http://techpinions.com/android-v-ios...2-profits/9369

If you aren't profitable, market share doesn't matter. And yes, I realize Google is very profitable, but they need their partners (Asus, Samsung, etc) to be profitable too.

In the end, competition is good for consumers - for both market share and profit share. I hope they both continue to do well!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Google is simply taking over the world. Microsoft might as well pack it up if Google releases their own desktop OS especially if it's free and open source. Apple can't bank on the Iphone being "cool" forever either:
    I didn't even know windows was ever a contender. Doesn't Microsoft compete with RIM in the mobile marketplace now? haw haw haw. FWIW Google does have a 'free open source' desktop OS called Chromium OS, which is nothing at all like Android. I don't see them impacting Microsoft's bottom line any time soon.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    FWIW Google does have a 'free open source' desktop OS called Chromium OS, which is nothing at all like Android. I don't see them impacting Microsoft's bottom line any time soon.
    Ya I started looking into this but they have a Chromebook notebook for like $300 or so. Andoid didn't take over right away either but if they even duplicate partial success, MS is in trouble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast