Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i am just going to keep the head from my damaged engine. i have no space to store the block. Hard to sell this kind of parts here .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted5 Click here to enlarge
    Looking for a lot more than 500 bhp, or I would just stick a used n54 in there and call it a day. Click here to enlarge
    What made you decide not to build your engine?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    What made you decide not to build your engine?
    A lack of patience on my end as well as a lack of funds, I knew it was going to be expensive but I had to draw the line. The only one that wanted to tackle it was vishnu/fftec and they wanted 12k for a single turbo installed + money for another block then $ for head work,pistons, rods and whatever else that comes up along the way. 25k easy which is basically the worth of my car at the moment, to make a long story short you can say I took the easy way out and will gradually build the car although I don't ever see the need to build the internals but rather just get a big turbo and call it a day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I think you made the right move, why dump all that money in it?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    I have seen short blocks that are listed on EBay for $2000 and heads that are not damaged listed for around $1000. I would gues you could get between $1500 to $2500 if you can find someone who wants to rebuild a motor.
    i wouldnt want to rebuild it but interesting

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted5 Click here to enlarge
    Still no clue unfortunately. I want to take the head off and take a peak inside and was looking for a manual which I found but I am a bit confused, anyone have any insights on how to take it off. The valve cover is out, the picture above is what I'm dealing with. I would definitely be willing to take it COMPLETELY apart if someone could guide me, or someone in Chicago/nearby with some experience in these things help me tackle it over a beer and do a write up, would be cool but a long shot I'm guessing.
    shop took it apart so not 100% sure. i know you need some baggies to label all the screws you remove because it all has its place.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123