Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you guys talking about Brock? A black e92 on black wheels?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Gz J it was a joke, the way you said "it sounded awesome" seemed like a joke in itself smh
    enought time has passed, 60' ET and mph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aced16 Click here to enlarge
    Are you guys talking about Brock? A black e92 on black wheels?
    Brock was at the track with me about a month ago and he said his car was only hitting like 16 psi. I am not sure if he got his issues worked out or not but he ran his car a few times that day and was having a hell of a time launching.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Brock was at the track with me about a month ago and he said his car was only hitting like 16 psi. I am not sure if he got his issues worked out or not but he ran his car a few times that day and was having a hell of a time launching.
    and you didnt care to share this earlier? disregard what morons might say. we are still interested in the performance as long as we have all the details.

I would assume mid 12's at maybe 117 mph at 16 psi..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @georgiatech335icoupe

lets hear it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and you didnt care to share this earlier? disregard what morons might say. we are still interested in the performance as long as we have all the details.

I would assume mid 12's at maybe 117 mph at 16 psi..?
    I think he was in the 13's but I'm not sure what he was trapping. He spent most of his time on the phone with Shiv and trying to troubleshoot his issue as well as the other ST that was presents issue.

I wasn't so quick to share the info because it really isn't a fair representation of what the ST can do. He was running better times with his stock setup so something is clearly wrong.

Would you care what times I were running if I had a boost leak and a bad turbo? You guys love to hate on the ST guys. I think it's ridiculous that the bugs still aren't worked out though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I only car about trap speeds at this point with the ST's out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The reason we all hate on the ST setup is because shiv act's like the ST is complete and runs great, and everything is all and well, but thats not the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Okay have fun running terrible times, oh that's right you never ran at the track with your single your too busy "having fun" with the car like the rest of them lol
    Your comments amaze me. You act like everyone who purchased the single owe you something. If you want to know how it runs at the strip, pony up the cash and find out for yourself instead of complaining about other people not living up to your expectations with their cars. If CaptainInsano is happy with his car, he doesn't have to drag it to appease you or anyone else. I too would love to see more results regarding the singles out there, and as more people purchase the kit hopefully there will be more than just dynos posted. That being said, I think everyone knows the power is there for some impressive times, but launching a 6MT is no easy task.

CaptainInsano, good luck at the strip when you go and I look forward to hearing about your results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I think he was in the 13's but I'm not sure what he was trapping. He spent most of his time on the phone with Shiv and trying to troubleshoot his issue as well as the other ST that was presents issue.

I wasn't so quick to share the info because it really isn't a fair representation of what the ST can do. He was running better times with his stock setup so something is clearly wrong.

Would you care what times I were running if I had a boost leak and a bad turbo? You guys love to hate on the ST guys. I think it's ridiculous that the bugs still aren't worked out though.
    as i said, some people will hate on it yes. but the details are whats important. a boost leak or some issue would of course result in less than great results. so as long as boost and/or issue is described, its still good info.

but, i think we can all agree, the fact that so many issues are still present is hilarious.. to talk about, i feel bad for the end users, i really do.. id be selling my $#@! off too if i was in that situation..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    The reason we all hate on the ST setup is because shiv act's like the ST is complete and runs great, and everything is all and well, but thats not the truth.
    I get that but it has been beat to death. Obviously kinks need to be worked out and I have stated before in another thread that he should have had all of this figured out before he released the kit for general sale. It should still be in beta if no one has a perfectly running setup by now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdb Click here to enlarge
    and as more people purchase the kit hopefully
    2 things right there, noone but the extreme fanboys WILL be buying it BECAUSE there is no good information..and i think the fanboys that were extreme already have the kit, and now 2 of them are for sale.. its a vicious cycle..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    2 things right there, noone but the extreme fanboys WILL be buying it BECAUSE there is no good information..and i think the fanboys that were extreme already have the kit, and now 2 of them are for sale.. its a vicious cycle..
    I agree. The kit has been out for a long time now and its pretty suspect when 2 people are already selling it. Only time will tell the true potential of the kit. I look forward to seeing the Vargas Stage 3 kit personally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It's a shame really, we all love modding our cars and love driving them even more. When you install a mod and it's nothing but issues or doesn't meet your expectations it gives you a sick feeling and kills all the fun of modding. I remember when I bought wheels for my e36 back in the day and they rubbed bc they were the wrong offset. It sucked, I was pissed, and it took forever to sell them.

I'm sure these guys may regret this single turbo kit, especially when half the time your at the track your on the phone trouble shooting. I'm betting this kit fades away if these issues dont get solved soon. The roll on event was a failure for this kit IMO, perhaps the beginning of the end.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your comments amaze me. You act like everyone who purchased the single owe you something. If you want to know how it runs at the strip, pony up the cash and find out for yourself instead of complaining about other people not living up to your expectations with their cars. If CaptainInsano is happy with his car, he doesn't have to drag it to appease you or anyone else. I too would love to see more results regarding the singles out there, and as more people purchase the kit hopefully there will be more than just dynos posted. That being said, I think everyone knows the power is there for some impressive times, but launching a 6MT is no easy task.

CaptainInsano, good luck at the strip when you go and I look forward to hearing about your results.
    Thanks jdb. I'll be sure to post results good or bad. I have to find a good stretch of Mexico to practice launching, as this will be my first time. If Shift Sector was any indication, I'm going to be spinning a lot without practice.

And you don't have to fight the trolls, just put them in your ignore list. A great feature on this forum.

Do you guys care more about ET or trap speed? I'm just now starting to look at drag times and understand them.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Thanks jdb. I'll be sure to post results good or bad. I have to find a good stretch of Mexico to practice launching, as this will be my first time. If Shift Sector was any indication, I'm going to be spinning a lot without practice.

And you don't have to fight the trolls, just put them in your ignore list. A great feature on this forum.

Do you guys care more about ET or trap speed? I'm just now starting to look at drag times and understand them.
    Trap speed. That will indicate how much power the car is really putting down. ET is all about your launch (60ft).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the only reason i care about ET is because its a good indication of how effectively you can put power down.

Trap tells power and ET tells driver skill/launchability and overall effectiveness of the car at the drag strip
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the only reason i care about ET is because its a good indication of how effectively you can put power down.

Trap tells power and ET tells driver skill/launchability and overall effectiveness of the car at the drag strip
    ET also is all about the proper setup suspension/tire to put the power down. I'd imagine a lot of broken half shafts and such if some of these cars were to launch hard with a proper setup for the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My $.02. The FFTEC hardware is really nice. I think the main "issue" is the marketing and expectations set by Shiv coupled with the inadequate support / tuning / firmware writing that is going on behind the scenes. For example he marketed these as 100% ready to go and as blowing RB turbos out of the water. So far they are not living up to that heavy hype. A different marketing plan and more transparency on the tuning end would probably have gone a long way IMHO.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    ET also is all about the proper setup suspension/tire to put the power down. I'd imagine a lot of broken half shafts and such if some of these cars were to launch hard with a proper setup for the track.
    Whats power if you cant utilize it? oh yeah its cool lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

All you that say people hate on ST cars are a little blinded. When someone(Shiv and his fan boys) comes on the forums and shows HP TQ numbers on the dyno and acts like it is the best thing since sliced bread, $#@! gets hyped up and people start building expectations based what has been presented to them. All I have seen are either dyno numbers without track numbers or tack numbers without dyno numbers. Then the Shift sector comes around and excuses start flying.

Maybe you shouldn't release a product without completing all aspects of R&D and testing. I worked for a biomedical engineering company as an engineer( in the Valley Right of Zelza and Devonshire, Medtronic) and I can tell you that doing what Shiv and FFTEC have done (releasing the product without working out all of the bugs and evaluating different conditions) is just disastrous n general.

When you charge people for ~$8k, you better damn have worked out everything and hand over the FINISHED product.

Just see this thread and what it turned out to: http//www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769959&page=18
    A real Joke. And then when everybody asks for videos, all we get is the same old passes we saw back from when shiv was testing on the track and some dudes getting a ride in his cars giggling.

By the way when some one asks for numbers and expresses their mind and talks against what you like, don't tell them to pony up and go get the kit and find out by themselves since that would show how stupid someone is spending about 8k on something that has so much obscurity about it.

So when you read this, don't get butt hurt and defensive since to people standing outside of the Procede bubble, this is what it looks like.
    Last edited by Trojan4evr; 12-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trojan4evr Click here to enlarge
    By the way when some one asks for numbers and expresses their mind and talks against what you like, don't tell them to pony up and go get the kit and find out by themselves since that would show how stupid someone is spending about 8k on something that has so much obscurity about it.

So when you read this, don't get butt hurt and defensive since to people standing outside of the Procede bubble, this is what it looks like.
    I am not butt hurt at all by your response, and am no way in the "Procede bubble." I don't disagree with most of what you wrote, however childishly attacking the owners of singles because they aren't spending their free time at the track appeasing everyone on the forum is ridiculous. I still stand by my statement, and it applies to you as well. If you want to know how it does on the track, buy it yourself and take it there to find out. If you are not willing to do that (and I don't blame you) then don't antagonize or demand results from those that did buy it.

So when you read this, don't get butt hurt and defensive since it wasn't your 8k that was spent and if the owners of the cars are happy then it doesn't really matter. If they aren't happy, then I am sure they wil take it up with Vishnu/FFTEC or sell the kit as 2 others are trying to do. Please don't take my response as defending the single kit at all as I am not. I have no plans on purchasing it, nor do I think the Procede is the greatest tune available on this platform. This is not a tuner war at all. I am simply pointing out that the people lining up to demand results more than likely wouldn't even buy the kit if the car ran 9s (not that it will). Ok my rant is over and I'm out for the night!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes but i dont want to be "that guy" ya kno what i mean? lol lets give him a chance to post over "there"
    Oh no please be that guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you want to know how it runs at the strip, pony up the cash and find out for yourself
    So no need for forums any longer, everyone needs to pack it up. If you are curious, just buy the part and try it yourself.

I'm going to need a bigger garage I guess.

That being said, I think everyone knows the power is there for some impressive times, but launching a 6MT is no easy task.
    So then where are the impressive traps? Nobody is even bothering with pushing for ET.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    singles because they aren't spending their free time at the track appeasing everyone on the forum is ridiculous.
    But people have been to the track and we get no details. People just want to see what someone other than Shiv runs, that isn't an attack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast