Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

MY post stated that I (me) would not choose AA software or turbos and I'm entitled to that from MY experiences with AA products. Nothing more....you've made more out of it.

Just so you know all of our dp's go on our jig before shipping out to ensure 100% fitment.
    Thats good to know, because when they were first released they did not fit anywhere near 100%
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    MY post stated that I (me) would not choose AA software or turbos and I'm entitled to that from MY experiences with AA products. Nothing more....you've made more out of it.

Thats good to know, because when they were first released they did not fit anywhere near 100%
    I understood what you were saying, but without a reason why you thought this way it just sounded like bashing.

Have a great day!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Golf standard? please. That would be AR, Macht Schnell or CP-e.
    Macht Schnell? Really?

Come on now, AA's hardware is great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Macht Schnell? Really?

Come on now, AA's hardware is great.
    What is YOUR experience with Macht Schnell DPs? I've NEVER heard a complaint about a MS DP install. A local installer here feels they are as easy to install as ARs. That says a lot.

AA DPs had fittment issues when they were first released; its well documented.
    Click here to enlarge
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Golf standard? please. That would be AR, Macht Schnell or CP-e.

AA exhausts (not DPs) fit and sound very good.
    While i admit its hard for ANY aftermarket parts company to come near ARs quality, AA comes 'close' without the premium. AR is similar to Akrapovic, in my opinion. Both are top of the line products. The AA isnt a budget option, but it delivers what i want with 99% of the quality i could need. Id love to drop the $$$ on AR/Akrapovic exhausts, but it doesnt seem worth the premium. Im speaking solely from my DP experience.

And Macht Schnell? Thats just silly lol

In terms of quality, these companies ( in descending order): Akrapovic, AR, CP-e/AA, VRSF,Mach Schnell, other options. VRSF might be a little bit of a stretch but i would definitely order them before MS DPs.
    Last edited by Eric335; 12-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

please explain to me why you think Mach Schnell DPs are so laughable (other than just piggy-backing off Sticky's comment). Have you ever seen them up close?

I guess buying used AR's is not a option for you? I would do that in a second if they were in good shape.

Akrapovic DPs are in another stratosphere. Their for those with "dumb money".

I have CP-e DPs and would go with MS if the deal was good (at the time).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

please explain to me why you think Mach Schnell DPs are so laughable (other than just piggy-backing off Sticky's comment). Have you ever seen them up close?

I guess buying used AR's is not a option for you? I would do that in a second if they were in good shape.

Akrapovic DPs are in another stratosphere. Their for those with "dumb money".

I have CP-e DPs and would go with MS if the deal was good (at the time).
    No, i didnt want to buy used downpipes. Used ARs would be similar to the Black-Friday price i got for AAs ($480), plus i love AAs previous work, and they are a few hours away. I agree with you about Akrapovic, though.

As far as the MS products go, while i dont have first hand experience, you are the FIRST person i PERSONALLY have read that recommends them, that is why i dont hold them in high regard. Ive been on E90Post for about 18 months or so, so ive read quite a few "what dp's should i buy?" threads. Thats part of the reason i moved over to here, but thats another story for another day lol Ive yet to read many good things about the MS dp's, so i have hard time recommending them to anyone when there are more common/well-known products (AA/AR/CP-E/VRSF). Id only recommend VRSF for DPs though due to their dirty-cheap price. Their intercoolers have yet to prove themselves (to my knowledge).

And piggybacking Sticky? Cute lol
    Last edited by Eric335; 12-19-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You don't hold them in high regard because I recommend them? did I read that right? or are you saying you never heard too much about them?

Look at the pics in this post and tell me this is NOT a quality DP. And they're used!
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1353464024

I think Macht Schnell price point is what keeps them out of the running for most people, but that does not mean they're not good DPs.

Buying certain parts used is NOT an issue. A set of used AR DP's is not really different than a slightly used set. I've saved some serious cash buying some of the parts for my 335 used (see BBS CH's).

you basically wrote the same thing he did, not a stretch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

What is YOUR experience with Macht Schnell DPs? I've NEVER heard a complaint about a MS DP install. A local installer here feels they are as easy to install as ARs. That says a lot.

AA DPs had fittment issues when they were first released; its well documented.
    Everything I have seen regarding them on forums. I haven't personally installed them just know people who have. They are cheaper and a good value if you want to go that route.

Sounds to me like AA DP's are tested before going out and should fit perfectly. The S54 motor once had issues too, who cares? Are we living in the past? Sounds like they are doing the correct quality control to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you mean?

Edit: NVM, thought you were saying I was and I was about unleash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

You don't hold them in high regard because I recommend them? did I read that right? or are you saying you never heard too much about them?

Look at the pics in this post and tell me this is NOT a quality DP. And they're used!
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1353464024

I think Macht Schnell price point is what keeps them out of the running for most people, but that does not mean they're not good DPs.

Buying certain parts used is NOT an issue. A set of used AR DP's is not really different than a slightly used set. I've saved some serious cash buying some of the parts for my 335 used (see BBS CH's).

you basically wrote the same thing he did, not a stretch.
    No i dont hold them in high regard because i dont hear much about them, not a lot of reviews in generalClick here to enlarge I just felt that my black-friday price for AA DPs was the best bang-for-your-buck option i had with quality DPs. And i knew if i had a problem they are a stones throw away, and i could go and let them fix the issue first hand.

As far as MS's other products, there are some that i like very much, especially their interior products.
    http://www.machtschnell.com/product/...9x-3-series-m3
    I hope to get one of those eventually lol Now to choose what gauges to use......

Everything I have seen regarding them on forums. I haven't personally installed them just know people who have. They are cheaper and a good value if you want to go that route.

Sounds to me like AA DP's are tested before going out and should fit perfectly. The S54 motor once had issues too, who cares? Are we living in the past? Sounds like they are doing the correct quality control to me.
    ^^Part of the reason i bought AAs

Not sure what you mean?

No, i was quoting his previous statement that i was. I dont want to unleash you Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Eric335; 12-19-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Everything I have seen regarding them on forums.
    Ive never really seen any bad press on them. They just aren't as recognizable as the ARs and others.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

We shipped out 6 n54 Dp's and installed 4 here at the shop this week with 0 fitment issues. I think its safe to say all of the problems in the first run a couple years ago have been worked out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    We shipped out 6 n54 Dp's and installed 4 here at the shop this week with 0 fitment issues. I think its safe to say all of the problems in the first run a couple years ago have been worked out.
    Won't stop fanboys from using issues no longer relevant against you though. Glad to hear fitment is great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Won't stop fanboys from using issues no longer relevant against you though. Glad to hear fitment is great.
    All I can do is make sure any issue is fixed so it never happens again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The AA DPs I bought last year fit great and were of pretty awesome quality. Damn near AR quality for a lot less.

In fact, part of the reason I didn't buy AR pipes was due to the douchebag attitude they had on the forums at the time.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The AA DPs I bought last year fit great and were of pretty awesome quality. Damn near AR quality for a lot less.

In fact, part of the reason I didn't buy AR pipes was due to the douchebag attitude they had on the forums at the time.
    That same attitude reared it's ugly face when VRSF came out with their DPs. :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    That same attitude reared it's ugly face when VRSF came out with their DPs. :p
    To be honest ive had nothing but pleasant interaction with Tiago. I was going to buy VRSF DPs until i realized i could get AAs on Black Friday for only a little more.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

BMS Downpipes FTW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    To be honest ive had nothing but pleasant interaction with Tiago. I was going to buy VRSF DPs until i realized i could get AAs on Black Friday for only a little more.
    He meant that AR was acting like d-bags.

VRSF didn't really get into the market until i was kicked from e90post and i've never had any interactions with Tiago so i can't say one way or the other.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I have on AA's downpipes, and have had them for almost a year. TIP TOP build quality and finish. Couldn't be happier. However, they were a big pain in the butt to fit in. But then again, that's how it goes with this platform.

If AA comes out with turbos that are reasonably priced, I have no doubt that they will be tops in quality of all the upgrades currently available. I would put them on my short list right away. Hopefully, you can run them with non-AA software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

.. do AA DP's have a taper to 2.5" at the end? i can't tell looking at pics :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Gargling listerine, duh, to kill any bacteria. Genius.
    I guess medical advice is some kind of record off-topic, but yes gargling listerine is very effective (have 4 kids needs those tricks)
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I guess medical advice is some kind of record off-topic, but yes gargling listerine is very effective (have 4 kids needs those tricks)
    For the record though, it was a viral infection as the Listerine didn't do anything. I had to wait it out. Was a $#@! of over a week.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678