Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Look, just do some research. There was a famous case where Dinan ordered a brand new engine for a guy with a blown engine, even though it was clear from the dealership service records, that he had issues with the engine before the tune.
    You don't get it. What they are trying to tell you is they are not responsible for you going outside the parameters and causing damage whether it be messing with your software (Cobb isn't going to replace your motor if you F it up with their software) or due to driver error. Not sure what you are having trouble understanding.

And AA along with basically every other tuner for BMW's doesn't offer a Dinan style warranty. If interests you, go with Dinan then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Flash tunes, especially the ones done at dealerships, or reputable shops, shouldn't do anything wrong to the motor. Yes the customer is always right. So if you are like AA, GIAC, EVOLVE or whoever, and you are running a buisness model, where you warranty only the tune, then obviously if it's an engine issue, then the customer has to prove it was the tune was faulty.

There was a guy with an E90 M3, who purchased an ESS supercharger, and had it tuned and installed. On his drive home, the motor blew. Clearly it was the software, and ESS stepped up to the plate.
    If it's clearly their fault they should fix it. Each circumstance is different. Once again a tuner shouldn't cover you for YOUR mistakes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drug companies would love for you to be their test subject. You're obviously a user. Click here to enlarge
    I think someone would have to be high to understand the nonsensical junk you keep blabbing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Of course every situation is different, but to say the customer is always right is just crazy. Just look how many people go back to Bmw to claim warranty repairs on modded cars knowing the parts they have installed have caused the problems.
    +10231028310298 billion. Everyone else seems to get this except 1 person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't forget we are one of the only companies that modify almost every aspect of your Bmw. Name one company in the united states that does the following Exhausts, tunes,superchargers,intakes and pulleys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget we are one of the only companies that modify almost every aspect of your Bmw. Name one company in the united states that does the following Exhausts, tunes,superchargers,intakes and pulleys.
    Gintani does. All except intakes from what I know..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Andrew, is there a tune from AA available to the N55's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Andrew, is there a tune from AA available to the N55's?
    Yes, they have a tune: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...e-N55-Software!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Sticky. Andrew, which tune do you currently run in your n55 135i?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dinan has replaced ALL the BMW engines that broke with their tune. Even in cases where it was obvious that it couldn't have been tune related. Others aren't as nice as dinan, and don't warranty your engine, however, you won't find then on a public forum dogging consumers!
    that is completely untrue..I have friends that are techs at BMW and I know for a fact that isnt true. As a matter of fact, BMW and Dinan dont have the same relationship many people think. I know of a guy whi had an M5, completly Dinan'd out..motor blew, and BMW or Dinan didnt cover it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    sorry, thats just stupid. when it comes to performance, its clearly not even close. the customer is not always right. a well running 10psi car, any car, gets a junkie throwing 20psi at it with no changes blows his motor.. claims bad tuning or hardware,wants company to pay for rebuild, is he still right?
    Exactly..I remember back when In had my 335i..I would see tons of people throwing a tune, dci(maybe and sometimes not even that), and meth and boost to almost 20psi, and they they wondered why their car got $#@!ed up and try to blame the tunes..its complete non sense. I know everyone wants to have the fastest this and that, but modding is a process, and there is a reason why some mods are called "supporting mods"..some people just done get that...they just want to throw a meth and tune, boost the crap out of the car, and be like "OMG, my engine blew..must be the crappy tune!!!" lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    that is completely untrue..I have friends that are techs at BMW and I know for a fact that isnt true. As a matter of fact, BMW and Dinan dont have the same relationship many people think. I know of a guy whi had an M5, completly Dinan'd out..motor blew, and BMW or Dinan didnt cover it
    Oh no, don't interject some reality into the discussion.

And yes, correct, BMW and Dinan's relationship changed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

lol..what was i thinking..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

besides Sticky, arent you out in Cali..its way to early to be up at this time lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    besides Sticky, arent you out in Cali..its way to early to be up at this time lol
    Ya I know I've been sick the past few days and my sleep schedule is all fubar now. You never know when I'm on but it makes for some fun administration.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya I know I've been sick the past few days and my sleep schedule is all fubar now. You never know when I'm on but it makes for some fun administration.
    damn that sucks dude, just got over a cold myslef..i hate being sick, feel better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn that sucks dude, just got over a cold myslef..i hate being sick, feel better
    I wouldn't mind a regular cold, it's this damn sore throat that won't let up. Never had anything like this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't mind a regular cold, it's this damn sore throat that won't let up. Never had anything like this.
    try gargling listerine...always seems to help me with a sore throat..and those alka seltzer plus things worked miracles for me..just a few friendly suggestions Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    try gargling listerine...always seems to help me with a sore throat..and those alka seltzer plus things worked miracles for me..just a few friendly suggestions Click here to enlarge
    Gargling listerine, duh, to kill any bacteria. Genius.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gargling listerine, duh, to kill any bacteria. Genius.
    Exactly, cant remember where I read that but it always works for me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, cant remember where I read that but it always works for me
    Ok tried it we'll see how it goes. Hopefully after some nice long sleep I wake up with my throat feeling great. If so, I owe you one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok tried it we'll see how it goes. Hopefully after some nice long sleep I wake up with my throat feeling great. If so, I owe you one.
    it might not feel great after only one time, but do it a few times a day for a couple days and it should feel better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you wanna get really $#@!ed up and fix what ails you go ahead and drink some of that listerine. Blindness here I come.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    If you wanna get really $#@!ed up and fix what ails you go ahead and drink some of that listerine. Blindness here I come.
    Not drinking listerine. And this sore throat doesn't want to go away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea? I'd like to see proof of this Click here to enlarge

Dinan has replaced ALL the BMW engines that broke with their tune. Even in cases where it was obvious that it couldn't have been tune related.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast