Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you logged yet to see the improvement with the Walbro pump? What percentage of E85 are you running?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Have you logged yet to see the improvement with the Walbro pump? What percentage of E85 are you running?
    There's a few inches of snow on the ground & it's been ~40 out everyday, so driving aggressively is not happening anytime soon. I also haven't run E85 since I got dyno'd back in December, just don't wanna deal with the long cranks or lowered MPG. Next Saturday I plan on running E85 though & will make sure to take data logs and share them to illustrate the improvement in Fuel Trims with the Walbro.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    There's a few inches of snow on the ground & it's been ~40 out everyday, so driving aggressively is not happening anytime soon. I also haven't run E85 since I got dyno'd back in December, just don't wanna deal with the long cranks or lowered MPG. Next Saturday I plan on running E85 though & will make sure to take data logs and share them to illustrate the improvement in Fuel Trims with the Walbro.
    Sounds good. I also got tuned by Jake and I haven't been running E85 on a regular basis due to long cranks. I did log a few days ago though and saw my LPFP isn't handling the E45 mix too well so I ordered the Walbro pump. I look forward to you reporting back with the improvements.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look forward to seeing your logs but if you don't normally run e85 what did you buy the walbro for? Will you get retuned for something above e50?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Look forward to seeing your logs but if you don't normally run e85 what did you buy the walbro for? Will you get retuned for something above e50?
    I have an E40 ProTune, but I'm going to be switching over to straight E85 in the next week. So this install was necessary before retuning for straight E85

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At what concentration of E85 are most of you seeing a low fuel trims? In other words, is it after E45, E50 or E60+ that most of you are getting the Walbro pump. What's the average cutoff of when ppl are getting the upgraded LPFP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I have an E40 ProTune, but I'm going to be switching over to straight E85 in the next week. So this install was necessary before retuning for straight E85
    Sounds good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    At what concentration of E85 are most of you seeing a low fuel trims? In other words, is it after E45, E50 or E60+ that most of you are getting the Walbro pump. What's the average cutoff of when ppl are getting the upgraded LPFP?
    When running around e40 you will see HIGH fuel trims. Mine will peg at +34 and after 25k miles running e40 my lpfp can no longer keep up and just started throwing lpfp codes. So it will vary from car to car and how much stress your lpfp has endured. That's my experience but YMMV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Case by case, but if you wanna run anything over E50 without meth it's going to become a justified mod. Because you're really taxing the OEM LPFP/HPFP to run at a capacity they were not designed for, some people's stuff can meet the demands while other people's $#@! the bed. By upgrading to the Walbro pump, you install a pump that's not only got a significantly higher fueling capability, but was also designed to be used with E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotcha..
    My understanding is that our HPFP is up to 200 bar off the injector which is probably around 2900 psi. The Audi guys (TSI) engines are running tuned HPFP 190 bar which makes about 450bhp. They too are upgrading their LPFP when running E85 to keep up and feed the HPFP to put down more than 450+bhp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123