Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Are we the new supra?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    good post Rob.. I hope we can make xxxx-whp on this platform. That would be awesome and I would be very happy to have chosen this over other when purchased in 2008.
    I love this counting chickens before they hatch and proclaiming 4 digit hp figures on paper. Wonderful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This looks like it will be worth any wait.
    Hah, maybe for you. Everyone already knows you're patience is above and beyond the normal person's. :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good thing I didn't give them my car 2 years ago lol!! They look like Borgwarner turbos... And I can see one of the intake pipes going into the inner fender well
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Looks sick!! Swain coated manifolds and intake piping? That would surely keep the heat down..
    Ya, it is rapid prototyped plastic, you can tell by the abrupt flats on the pipes. The machine lays down a series of melted plastic layers. Some 3d printers use a powder and epoxy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Hah, maybe for you. Everyone already knows you're patience is above and beyond the normal person's. :p
    I'm very mellow and easy to get along with. Or something. Or I just see no point in pulling my hair out and banging my head against a wall.

This will be worth the wait though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in all honesty, price is subjective. The appeal of twins over a single in tuning aspect alone is worth arguing over, but not really, hands down i think we all would choose twins. but when a company like cpe gets involved, at least you know it will a solid choice. the price difference over proven hybrids doesn't really come into play since the hp goals your shooting for are well beyond what "normal" people strive for.. especially when considering your doing this to a bmw, which as much as we hate it, does carry more cost per hp. what cars built from 2007 on can you theoretically achieve 650+hp from and at what price... to me, the single isnt even an option yet since nothing has come from it even though its released. A true TT 335 would be a VERY appealing car to have..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The actual price difference between a single and a quality twin setup isn't really going to be all that large. The FFtec/vishnu setup still requires install, tuning, etc. For me, if I'm doing the upgrade, I'm going to get the best quality upgrade. If going that far no reason to skimp.

I like what I'm seeing from CP-E. If it's more expensive, likely will be, it sure looks like the price difference is warranted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the time this comes out, maybe someone will have come out with software for a beefed up DCT, then maybe the DCT N54 can actually be pushed further!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karura Click here to enlarge
    By the time this comes out, maybe someone will have come out with software for a beefed up DCT, then maybe the DCT N54 can actually be pushed further!
    It can be pushed further...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It can be pushed further...
    You are right, and I know that we have members like Buraq that have managed to push the DCT without any problems, but at the same we should not neglect the stock dual clutch's torque capacity (6MT has a much greater tolerance), unless I am severely misinformed. To push it beyond FBO and get upgraded turbos, I'm sure it would still be amazing; however, it just makes so much more sense to upgrade the clutch too! No need to worry about clutch slipping or anything. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are right, and I know that we have members like Buraq that have managed to push the DCT without any problems, but at the same we should not neglect the stock dual clutch's torque capacity (6MT has a much greater tolerance), unless I am severely misinformed. To push it beyond FBO and get upgraded turbos, I'm sure it would still be amazing; however, it just makes so much more sense to upgrade the clutch too! No need to worry about clutch slipping or anything. Click here to enlarge
    Yes what I'm trying to tell you is the clutch discs can be upgraded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes what I'm trying to tell you is the clutch discs can be upgraded.
    I was under the assumption that although there are companies releasing 335is/M3 DCT clutch packs, you would have to upgrade the software to get it working optimally, and I'm not sure if anyone has experimented with it yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was under the assumption that although there are companies releasing 335is/M3 DCT clutch packs, you would have to upgrade the software to get it working optimally, and I'm not sure if anyone has experimented with it yet.
    I've experimented with it. The software really only controls the line pressure. You want to make sure you have enough clamping force for the upgraded discs. It's partially hardware and software.

If you want to change shift points, launch control rpm, and stuff that like that's a whole different story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Some log manifolds can flow just as well as tubular ones...as evidenced by SteedSpeed and HPFs cast log setup for the E46 M3.

For the packaging constraints, i think its a great setup. CPe I think is one of very few (if not the only one) companies that has a Foundry in which to cast parts...AMS's bellmouth downpipes, intercooler endtanks, and various turbo parts for the EVo and GTR are cast by CPe...
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. 'Some log manifolds can flow just as well as tubular ones' might be true if you have a great flowing log and a terrible flowing tubular; but that's not what we're talking about here. I'm talking a high-quality tubular manifold; I'd prefer that due to the immense airflow gains. These log manifolds choke up the exhaust side of an already poor-flowing head.

You can't compare the S54 to the N54 at all, sorry. The S54's head flows incredible numbers and can max out a T66 on pump gas at low boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. 'Some log manifolds can flow just as well as tubular ones' might be true if you have a great flowing log and a terrible flowing tubular; but that's not what we're talking about here. I'm talking a high-quality tubular manifold; I'd prefer that due to the immense airflow gains. These log manifolds choke up the exhaust side of an already poor-flowing head.

You can't compare the S54 to the N54 at all, sorry. The S54's head flows incredible numbers and can max out a T66 on pump gas at low boost.
    Tell that to people making 1000HP plus on a nicely designed log style across many platforms. They are everywhere. Everyone has their opinions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Tell that to people making 1000HP plus on a nicely designed log style across many platforms. They are everywhere. Everyone has their opinions.
    For sure. People need to realize that there's absolutely nothing wrong with log style manifolds on FI setups. What I'd worry more about (not in this case but more in general) is what turbo you pick for your application, tuning and wastegate size as well as placement. If you get these three sorted, log style or tubular, it should be very close numbers wise in the end. Its just splitting hairs really. Just my 2c having seen a number of aftermarket setups in action locally as well as online
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking forward to the winter updates for the N54. Finally some very interesting TT developments. I so want back into an N54 with a non-hybrid upgraded twin setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I have to say I've used log manifolds in the past and they work fine. Sometimes better than tubular as they retain heat really well despite the poorer flow characteristics. If someone made a simple log manifold with a 58mm internal wastegated turbo and the setup was priced right I'd be all over that.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I have to say I've used log manifolds in the past and they work fine. Sometimes better than tubular as they retain heat really well despite the poorer flow characteristics. If someone made a simple log manifold with a 58mm internal wastegated turbo and the setup was priced right I'd be all over that.
    Its coming Terry. I should have my manifolds finished tomorrow, and will begin charge piping and lines this weekend. I am really excited to see how this system works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Since, I'm only at the race course, TWINS all the way! This should pave the way for the first 1,000HP N54! Are we the new supra?
    No way man! We're more like the new GT-R, except we were out first, so we are the old GT-R and the actual GT-R is like the new N54, which is kind of like the old 328i which was made by the Germans who added Japanese turbos made by Mitsubishi (who made the Zero that shot down Mustangs), so I prefer to just call it the Axis Powers of WWII. We drive pure evil... evil gets good gas milage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    No way man! We're more like the new GT-R, except we were out first, so we are the old GT-R and the actual GT-R is like the new N54, which is kind of like the old 328i which was made by the Germans who added Japanese turbos made by Mitsubishi (who made the Zero that shot down Mustangs), so I prefer to just call it the Axis Powers of WWII. We drive pure evil... evil gets good gas milage.
    hmm fact check please...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    For sure. People need to realize that there's absolutely nothing wrong with log style manifolds on FI setups. What I'd worry more about (not in this case but more in general) is what turbo you pick for your application, tuning and wastegate size as well as placement. If you get these three sorted, log style or tubular, it should be very close numbers wise in the end. Its just splitting hairs really. Just my 2c having seen a number of aftermarket setups in action locally as well as online
    But he's right that if you want the best possible airflow you will look into a tubular setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly a lot of people would laugh if they saw some really nice tubulars vs really dead simple log manis perform nearly if not equal in the end. Properly designed log style can be just as functional as a tubular from what i gathered locally from the expert race shops but if you'll split hairs then yes the ultimate in flow if both were maximized design wise without considering any fitment issues/constraints (i.e. unrealistic) then a tubular will come out on top.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Honestly a lot of people would laugh if they saw some really nice tubulars and really dead simple log manis perform nearly if not equal in the end. Properly designed log style can be just as functional as a tubular from what i gathered locally from the expert race shops but if you'll split hairs then yes the ultimate in flow if both were maximized design wise without considering any fitment issues/constraints (i.e. unrealistic) then a tubular will come out on top.
    I'd go log manifold all day due to simplicity.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast