Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Actually Sticky, I agree with AlexT alot - not that I disagree with you either. It is relatively consequence free to let someone have it on these boards - as long as you are playing by that board's rules, Imagine telling someone face to face "WTF, your "Blah blah blah" sucks, your a joke for doing something like that." Or, whatever. You get the point I think. If someone was to walk around on the streets saying stuff like that - "real" $#@! would go down. For example, when in the water - all it takes is for somebody to paddle out using a board shaped by someone that's not local and looking at someone maybe the wrong way for crap to happen. Just saying - keyboard courage is a real thing I think
    I think you are taking these examples a bit far. What "real" $#@! would go down from people debating a topic or asking for answers to questions? What concrete example would there be from this thread in particular to go with your example? Nothing I see.

People really seem to be taking the boards out of context.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just saying - as you are - that people have the right to ask questions and get answers (on forums and in "real life situations"). It's just really easy, relatively consequence free, to be tactless and inflammatory on a board, any board. I prefer yours because questioning is encouraged... Maybe the example I'm thinking of is something like this: So what if I get thrown off any board for being a complete jerk? Life goes on, I can still drive my car, nobody gets hurt, I don't get fired from my job, I don't go to jail, etc. People can get really mad at me online and the consequences are far less imho than say a case of "road rage". Either way, I see what you are saying. I think it's good to that the consequences are pretty meager. It helps cut to the chase and is the real helpful utility of any board.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sometimes people get road rage because of what other people say on the forums. And that my friend, is called PG.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Just saying - as you are - that people have the right to ask questions and get answers (on forums and in "real life situations"). It's just really easy, relatively consequence free, to be tactless and inflammatory on a board, any board. I prefer yours because questioning is encouraged... Maybe the example I'm thinking of is something like this: So what if I get thrown off any board for being a complete jerk? Life goes on, I can still drive my car, nobody gets hurt, I don't get fired from my job, I don't go to jail, etc. People can get really mad at me online and the consequences are far less imho than say a case of "road rage". Either way, I see what you are saying. I think it's good to that the consequences are pretty meager. It helps cut to the chase and is the real helpful utility of any board.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345