Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who provides misinformation here? I don't see fake ess dyno graphs and all the
    other bs that is on other forums. Posts don't get deleted here. We all
    can't be here to hold a customers hand. There might be
    some bias but there's not blind bias.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    At least you can express your thoughts about a vendor here and asking questions. Other forum
    you get banned for exposing bull$#@! info about a vendor. Example ess shows crazy high dyno and customer cars never are the same. I asked why and some
    other questions on m3forum it was deleted in a couple mins and I was banned. Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ Ding ding ding ding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    If you read the fine print in our invoice, it will state that you are actually only leasing the procede from us. This applies to all used purchases as well. So not only do we still own the Procede, we are also entitled to edit every post you make in any private or public forum. Also at our discretion is the adoption of your first child and when, and how high, you should jump upon request. It's really quite simple.

Shiv
    Well that explains a lot. Makes perfect sense now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv.vishnu Click here to enlarge
    So the owner deleted his post and requested thread removal until the problem is resolved and the car re-dyno'd.
    So the OP posted this and within minutes decided completely on his own that posting it was not a good idea and deleted it. Got it! Thanks for setting us straight.

Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What a stupid $#@!ing forum. Somebody had made a comment that they wish there was a less biased forum where cp-e and Terry could also be included in conversion. I pointed out Bimmerboost in a very polite way, with no negative comments towards Bimmerpost, and I got an infraction.

Shiv thanks for clearing this up, but maybe you can tell the mods there they are giving everyone affiliated with them a bad reputation.

What a bunch of $#@!ing pussies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AoshichanX Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for both definitions of "bias" and especially bolding the definition of "statistical bias." I am unclear what your issue is.

Your first issue was that there can be no bias if there is freedom of speech which I addressed via the inherency post and by distinguishing censorship from bias.
    Your second issue, that I had confused popularity with bias, was also addressed that via the inherency post.

Now...your issue is?
    His is issue is with the stupid graphic on your car.

Really though, I have mentioned B1mmerb00st a few times over there, and yes, it's no $#@! that everyone's opinion/information on tunes will be biased in some way even if they are trying there best to be unbiased.

The fact remains that all the major tuners can have discussion here, rather than be banned or posts deleted unless you are the "Holy One". Of course each party is still going to say they have the right info, what did you expect?

I thought it was common sense that you should make your own decision based on your own gathered information, but you had to come in here and make an ass out of yourself while stating the extremely obvious.

Welcome to Bimmerboost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    What a stupid $#@!ing forum. Somebody had made a comment that they wish there was a less biased forum where cp-e and Terry could also be included in conversion. I pointed out Bimmerboost in a very polite way, with no negative comments towards Bimmerpost, and I got an infraction.

Shiv thanks for clearing this up, but maybe you can tell the mods there they are giving everyone affiliated with them a bad reputation.

What a bunch of $#@!ing pussies.
    What was the reason for the infraction? Did you put a link to bimmerboost? I got a warning a while back from doing something similar. It's just the rules. Same way this forum doesn't allow me to post links or "at" symbols. No reason to take it personally or call anyone names.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    typical behavior over there. not surprised at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've already talked to him. It looks like he is throwing a fuel injector related code. He's currently driving around in valet mode for the next day to see if it returns. If it does, he's going to the dealership for them to fix it. Some of you guys really need to get other hobbies Click here to enlarge

Shiv
    Compared to how you pounced on Enrita this is as mild as it gets.

I just don't understand why the guy would make the thread in the first place and then change his mind right away to have it deleted? Why not keep it open and update on the process as it goes?

From the title and how it was written, it seems like he wasn't too happy. Would have been nice to see how it gets resolved.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you read the fine print in our invoice, it will state that you are actually only leasing the procede from us. This applies to all used purchases as well. So not only do we still own the Procede, we are also entitled to edit every post you make in any private or public forum. Also at our discretion is the adoption of your first child and when, and how high, you should jump upon request. It's really quite simple.

Shiv
    Are customers aware of this before they purchase, sorry, lease?
    What's the lease term? What is the residual value and money factor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    Still dont understand why the post was deleted..If it is a fuel injector problem than why not just say that in the first place, instead of delteting posts and creating all this speculation. Im not trying to add gas to the fire, but if it was me that posted lower than expected numbers, I would want all the information and suggestions I could get, and deleting a post just seems counter productive imho..doesnt add up to me but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter, just hope this guy gets his car running right..
    Exactly, my line of thinking is the same. If there is nothing to hide and it is simple why delete it especially after the owner made a concious decision to post it already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    now now let the guest vendor inhale air.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What was the reason for the infraction? Did you put a link to bimmerboost? I got a warning a while back from doing something similar. It's just the rules. Same way this forum doesn't allow me to post links or "at" symbols. No reason to take it personally or call anyone names.

guest vendor status maybe has something to do with it?, man up and im sure you can do more Click here to enlarge

on a side note.. you were serious about leasing it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not the same at all, we are not enganging in the censorship of users or actively preventing links to relevant information. No mind control going on.

If anything, not allowing you to post links still allows you to post while at the same time protecting our supporting vendors. Our system allows more freedom for you, the user, and the vendor all at the same time. Do you really think you as a vendor not being allowed to advertise for free is the same thing as a user getting infractions for sharing information? Come on now, that isn't even jumping to a conclusion, it is a blind freaking leap.

You posted a link to bimmerboost at one point? LOL, to what in particular? Wish I saw that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    guest vendor status maybe has something to do with it?, man up and im sure you can do more Click here to enlarge

I have decided to allow Shiv to lease vendor status. I won't even require his soul as a deposit... like someone does with vendors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocbimmer Click here to enlarge
    Are customers aware of this before they purchase, sorry, lease?
    What's the lease term? What is the residual value and money factor?
    Downpayment: First Born Male
    Lease Term: Eternity
    Residual Value: Integrity -$1000
    Money Factor: "I'm rich $#@!"

Note, terms vary depending on what BMS is doing at the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

no, I was joking. That is what Ferrari does on their limited production competition cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, I was joking. That is what Ferrari does on their limited production competition cars.
    I can't believe the Ferrari guys go for that but how else are you going to get behind the wheel of an FXX?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey hey hey get to the chatroom and discuss this I'm waiting in there with the ban stick lent to me by Sticky. ;-)
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Hey hey hey get to the chatroom and discuss this I'm waiting in there with the ban stick lent to me by Sticky. ;-)
    I lent you the ban twig, I don't trust you with the stick Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have decided to allow Shiv to lease vendor status. I won't even require his soul as a deposit... like someone does with vendors.
    I actually prefer to be a regular member her, not a vendor-- guest vendor or otherwise. Not enough time in the day to wear another vendor hat on another forum. You'll notice that I don't promote our products here. I only respond to things that need response or to people who request response. I believe that was you in this most recent case. If you would rather I not respond to you or anything else on this forum, just say the word. Because frankly, all this drama is getting old and too time consuming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Its against my better judgement to post now - but - whatever. Do I really care if the pot is stirred and I get flamed over cars - hardly Click here to enlarge

IMHO....

1) I have ran the JB3 and V4. I only had DCI's on JB3, no datalogging or custom maps and I'm 6mt. The JB3 had instant power and was great at times. At others it felt like I was driving another tune. Being new to the whole N54 seen, I was intrigued buy autotuning, and felt like it might offer something for me in terms of consistent power in different temps etc. (My first interest was GIAC with a beta st.2 tune - but, I never got any real response from the guys over there - I guess you need to be an industry VIP?) Anyway. Since I did read a lot of reviews from V4 guys that had switched over from JB3, I thought it might be nice to try it out....for the time being at least....this is a hobby and nobody pays me or actually cares what I drive right? BMS has my money, Vishnu has my money, and after I have purchased my orders - neither has followed up with me to see if I'm happy, what other plans I might have for my car, etc. I understand and get it too. So before everyone congratulates one tuner's customer service over another's, for me, they happened to be roughly equal. Robert at Vishnu, actually went out of his way to ship me the tune in a one day turnaround b/c he knew I was getting DPS installed the day after.

As a comparison, I work at a hospital and after my car recently had the JB3 installed - I was leaving and my car shook hard and limped. I didn't have my BT set up yet b/c I didn't have a laptop at the time. I walked back into work and posted on N54 what was happening. Terry wrote back " As usual, check codes " He then said sounds like a HPFP or injector. He was right - it was an injector - but, it wasn't the greatest attitude and had zero follow up. I'm a noob - so I guess I was due that though, seriously. I get F-ing annoyed when I'm surfing with noobs so I honestly get it. On a positive note, I later offended him on his forum, I think, and I apologized. He took it really well and said no worries. In that case, maybe he had the right to be more of a dick or to encourage his boys to jump in and take shots.

So, with Shiv - I was more proactive and seasoned a little bit. He answered my emails and was prompt and respectful when I asked dumb questions. However, I posted my review of both products on an e90 thread and he never bothered to thank me or acknowledge that he was stoked with his tune. Do I care - not really - but I personally am in a field where I have to be concerned about everyone's view of my service to them. I actually got into it to not to get paid a lot (like the tuners did, only speculating obviously) - I knew I wouldn't - but to help people out.

At anyrate, sorry to digress. I think Shiv should pay to post on this forum. I'm also really happy with AR designs downpipes. I think that Sticky should be easier on him too - he has proved to be a much much better vendor than modbargains.com was for me. Yes, he should pay as well to be a vendor here and post. Do I dislike what Terry or Shiv has done for me? No. Do I think that our community is better off with both of them competing? Yes (aren't the lakers better w/ the celtics and, isn't NY more fun to have around with the Boston rivalry?) Will they both always make money, play off each other, and make better tunes for us consumers because of it? YES. Will they be as rich if the other wasn't around? Probably not, and that is why they both hate each other.

Personally, I don't know anyone that runs a V4 near me. I have met a guy that I get along great with on this forum and N54 that runs the JB3. He has helped me out a lot and could probably give a $#@! that I run a different tune than him. So, my final point is that is how we as consumers should treat each other.

Terry, Sticky, Shiv, Andrew, and the others can decided if they want to play well in the sandbox together or not. Personally, I'm out to make my car more fun to drive and meet people that I can learn from and have a hobby in common with.

Sorry,
    (my spelling, grammar, and, mouth are out of control when I'm off the clock, off the road, and have had a good meal with a few brews)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think we got to be cautious that this forum does not become like the national enquirer or 60 minutes because it is heading that way. There are far too many threads made with fat question marks after them. Sticky you have assumed the role of being quite the investigator. I think its in your nature though but I also think you do it to gather content on your site.
    I for one would not want a thread I created sitting on a forum that reflected a dyno result which was not a true indication of the product. The competition can take it and use it without explaining the rest. Such a thread already exist on N54tech in regard to the V4 and I would not be surprised if that dyno has been added already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should have emailed Terry directly like he asks people to do insted of writing on forums even though you wrote on his forum... Not much else he could have done then to tell you to check for codes... Just my .02

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Its against my better judgement to post now - but - whatever. Do I really care if the pot is stirred and I get flamed over cars - hardly Click here to enlarge

IMHO....

1) I have ran the JB3 and V4. I only had DCI's on JB3, no datalogging or custom maps and I'm 6mt. The JB3 had instant power and was great at times. At others it felt like I was driving another tune. Being new to the whole N54 seen, I was intrigued buy autotuning, and felt like it might offer something for me in terms of consistent power in different temps etc. (My first interest was GIAC with a beta st.2 tune - but, I never got any real response from the guys over there - I guess you need to be an industry VIP?) Anyway. Since I did read a lot of reviews from V4 guys that had switched over from JB3, I thought it might be nice to try it out....for the time being at least....this is a hobby and nobody pays me or actually cares what I drive right? BMS has my money, Vishnu has my money, and after I have purchased my orders - neither has followed up with me to see if I'm happy, what other plans I might have for my car, etc. I understand and get it too. So before everyone congratulates one tuner's customer service over another's, for me, they happened to be roughly equal. Robert at Vishnu, actually went out of his way to ship me the tune in a one day turnaround b/c he knew I was getting DPS installed the day after.

As a comparison, I work at a hospital and after my car recently had the JB3 installed - I was leaving and my car shook hard and limped. I didn't have my BT set up yet b/c I didn't have a laptop at the time. I walked back into work and posted on N54 what was happening. Terry wrote back " As usual, check codes " He then said sounds like a HPFP or injector. He was right - it was an injector - but, it wasn't the greatest attitude and had zero follow up. I'm a noob - so I guess I was due that though, seriously. I get F-ing annoyed when I'm surfing with noobs so I honestly get it. On a positive note, I later offended him on his forum, I think, and I apologized. He took it really well and said no worries. In that case, maybe he had the right to be more of a dick or to encourage his boys to jump in and take shots.

So, with Shiv - I was more proactive and seasoned a little bit. He answered my emails and was prompt and respectful when I asked dumb questions. However, I posted my review of both products on an e90 thread and he never bothered to thank me or acknowledge that he was stoked with his tune. Do I care - not really - but I personally am in a field where I have to be concerned about everyone's view of my service to them. I actually got into it to not to get paid a lot (like the tuners did, only speculating obviously) - I knew I wouldn't - but to help people out.

At anyrate, sorry to digress. I think Shiv should pay to post on this forum. I'm also really happy with AR designs downpipes. I think that Sticky should be easier on him too - he has proved to be a much much better vendor than modbargains.com was for me. Yes, he should pay as well to be a vendor here and post. Do I dislike what Terry or Shiv has done for me? No. Do I think that our community is better off with both of them competing? Yes (aren't the lakers better w/ the celtics and, isn't NY more fun to have around with the Boston rivalry?) Will they both always make money, play off each other, and make better tunes for us consumers because of it? YES. Will they be as rich if the other wasn't around? Probably not, and that is why they both hate each other.

Personally, I don't know anyone that runs a V4 near me. I have met a guy that I get along great with on this forum and N54 that runs the JB3. He has helped me out a lot and could probably give a $#@! that I run a different tune than him. So, my final point is that is how we as consumers should treat each other.

Terry, Sticky, Shiv, Andrew, and the others can decided if they want to play well in the sandbox together or not. Personally, I'm out to make my car more fun to drive and meet people that I can learn from and have a hobby in common with.

Sorry,
    (my spelling, grammar, and, mouth are out of control when I'm off the clock, off the road, and have had a good meal with a few brews)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast