Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

i am really that lucky ?

Hello everyone, brand new BMW owner here, so this is my story i bought a 08 e90 335i with around 65k miles on it, i love the car & i have had a lot of fun with it.. anyways it had the HPFP issue & the locking system was bad too i could only open the car with the actual key.

So i took the car to the dealer & i was aware of the warranty on the HPFP because i been reading all about it so i wasn't worry but went i got there they said my car was cover with all maintenance & that they would fix my doors too. but i don't see how can that be possible & idk how i got this lucky because i been reading & is only cover for 4 years & like 50k miles & the car was build on 02/08 so idk how the warranty work with an used car.

The dealer where i bought it from only gave me a warranty for 1000 miles & 1 month (i put 1000 miles in like 3 days, i couldn't stop driving it i loved it) & btw i only cost $18844 for the car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

pictures?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's great! Maybe the previous owner bought the extended warranty/maintenance on the car with BMW?
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aguas Click here to enlarge
    Hello everyone, brand new BMW owner here, so this is my story i bought a 08 e90 335i with around 65k miles on it, i love the car & i have had a lot of fun with it.. anyways it had the HPFP issue & the locking system was bad too i could only open the car with the actual key.

So i took the car to the dealer & i was aware of the warranty on the HPFP because i been reading all about it so i wasn't worry but went i got there they said my car was cover with all maintenance & that they would fix my doors too. but i don't see how can that be possible & idk how i got this lucky because i been reading & is only cover for 4 years & like 50k miles & the car was build on 02/08 so idk how the warranty work with an used car.

The dealer where i bought it from only gave me a warranty for 1000 miles & 1 month (i put 1000 miles in like 3 days, i couldn't stop driving it i loved it) & btw i only cost $18844 for the car
    Sounds like you have yourself an excellent dealer. Just BE SURE it is in fact 100% covered.

BTW, what part of VA are you in?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the replies !! i actually got it from a private ford dealership, i did take the car to a BMW dealer were they told me all this; i am in the NOVA area i got my car in manassas idk if you are aware of where that is located. & i will post the pics in a sec as soon i know how to lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge so here it is!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

very nice!
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    That's great! Maybe the previous owner bought the extended warranty/maintenance on the car with BMW?
    +1 This is what im thinking...Or else most dealers will rip you an arm and leg after warranty period for everything
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i had no idea what cpo warranty was until now & it seems that's what i have i'm cover up to 100k miles !!!! wow i probably did something good to deserve something like this!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

i had no idea what cpo warranty was until now & it seems that's what i have i'm cover up to 100k miles !!!! wow i probably did something good to deserve something like this!!
    Many used BMWs are CPO. You're not the only one! But yes, it is very nice to have.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Thank you for the replies !! i actually got it from a private ford dealership, i did take the car to a BMW dealer were they told me all this; i am in the NOVA area i got my car in manassas idk if you are aware of where that is located. & i will post the pics in a sec as soon i know how to lol.
    I've been through NOVA a couple times but i'm not really familiar with the area(I'm from Roanoke.)

Now comes the fun part: MODDING!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Seems like a good dealer, welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So i got my car back today, everything got fix it wasn't the HPFP this is what it said it was fault code 2A87 & changed the solenoid valves, they also fixed the doors & i am definitely happy about that but look what the f....rs did to my door panel!!

Click here to enlarge it makes me mad that they can't do a good job

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

So i got my car back today, everything got fix it wasn't the HPFP this is what it said it was fault code 2A87 & changed the solenoid valves, they also fixed the doors & i am definitely happy about that but look what the f....rs did to my door panel!!

Click here to enlarge it makes me mad that they can't do a good job
    Time to raise some hell...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i am pretty upset & idk if i should go say something or just never go to that dealer again. is funny that my gf & my mom said that i should go but my friend & dad told me just to forget about it. The dealer is about 40 miles from my house, it was suppose to be "the best" in the area..... wow can't get it out of my head

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

yes i am pretty upset & idk if i should go say something or just never go to that dealer again
    Everyone at that dealer would feel my wrath if that was my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Email your SA the picture and have them fix it the next time you go in for service.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Well, you will probably get the "It was already like that" story from them. The longer you wait about contacting them the more it works against you as well. You might get lucky though, some of these dealerships take photos of the car before they start working on it, trying to protect themselves from people coming in with existing damage and then trying to blame the dealership for it. I only saw them take photos of the exterior of the car in the dealership I went to so not sure if that would help you at all or not. But I did take their idea so before I take my car to the dealer I always snap photos of my car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

If you don't contact them, it won't get fixed. If you do, you have a shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Everyone at that dealer would feel my wrath if that was my car.
    After i read this i decided that i should go & give them a piece of my mind but they didn't fix it Click here to enlarge they said it was my safety belt that did it .... I was like how in the world would a safety belt do that i mean it can happen but i am 100% that i wasn't me i said so here i am trying to explain the situation but i was like taking to a brick wall. They didn't care & then they have the balls to tell me: " well we have a guy that can fix that for you & we definitely give you a discount" i wanted to grab that fat ass from the neck & break.So i if you live in the VA, DC, MD i want you to know that passport BMW in the MD sucks !!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

After i read this i decided that i should go & give them a piece of my mind but they didn't fix it Click here to enlarge they said it was my safety belt that did it .... I was like how in the world would a safety belt do that i mean it can happen but i am 100% that i wasn't me i said so here i am trying to explain the situation but i was like taking to a brick wall. They didn't care & then they have the balls to tell me: " well we have a guy that can fix that for you & we definitely give you a discount" i wanted to grab that fat ass from the neck & break.So i if you live in the VA, DC, MD i want you to know that passport BMW in the MD sucks !!!
    At least you tried. I can put an article up on their customer service if you like. Try e-mailing the general manager, don't give up this easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    At least you tried. I can put an article up on their customer service if you like. Try e-mailing the general manager, don't give up this easy.
    i thank you for this but is not necessary, i got an email a survey & i detailed everything that happened w/o trying to get a response but i actually did i just send another one to the customer relation team. i think that i still got a shot on getting this fix, i really hope so. & i thank you honestly once again for putting the time or even the gesture on letting them know that they $#@!ed up. i will keep you posted with what's going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Call BMW NA and complain to them as well.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Call BMW NA and complain to them as well.
    Yes do this as well and threaten to give the dealer all 1's in the review as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just got a call from BMW NA because of the survey i filled up & the lady said that they can't force the dealer to fix anything it because all dealers all independent operated or some like that, but she will make sure that they will get a formal complain send to them. so i really doubt the dealer is going to fix the door unless they don't want that complain in their file; So I'm hoping for the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast