Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

hello guys, can anyone help me with recall on N54 injectors on a 535i? recall 131410.

hey guys, fiancees car gave us a yellow engine symbol, and the dreaded engine malfunction reduced power warning. car is a 2008, and has a mere 32k miles.

i am not aware if the injectors have been replaced, but i am aware that their was a recall, that may apply to this vehicle but i cannot seem to actually access all of the links that are available via search feature. they are dead ends.

i pulled a code today with a generic code reader and it was an open circuit on injector #3. P0203.

Thanks for any help on finding the information on the recall.

Thanks
    louie

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The recall is SIB 13 14 10. I attached a copy of it as well. Check your build date to see if it falls in the window for a replacement. You can also call BMW and give them the last 7 digits of your VIN and they should be able to tell if you are eligible for the recall. Good luck getting it fixed!

SI B13 14 10 Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign 10E-A02 N54 Inspection and Replacement of Injec.pdf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdb Click here to enlarge
    The recall is SIB 13 14 10. I attached a copy of it as well. Check your build date to see if it falls in the window for a replacement. You can also call BMW and give them the last 7 digits of your VIN and they should be able to tell if you are eligible for the recall. Good luck getting it fixed!

SI B13 14 10 Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign 10E-A02 N54 Inspection and Replacement of Injec.pdf
    Great help, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdb Click here to enlarge

thank you!

they did perform the recall on this car, and the one injector that failed wasnt included in the goddamn recall for some reason, so i have to pay to have it and a low pressure switch replaced. $730 bucks. i asked for the parts back and i am going to cross reference the number of the injector that they give me back so i can see for myself that it wasnt included in the recall.

thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Great help, thank you.
    Glad to help!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cartek Click here to enlarge
    thank you!

they did perform the recall on this car, and the one injector that failed wasnt included in the goddamn recall for some reason, so i have to pay to have it and a low pressure switch replaced. $730 bucks. i asked for the parts back and i am going to cross reference the number of the injector that they give me back so i can see for myself that it wasnt included in the recall.

thank you!
    If your car falls within the build dates of the recall you should not be paying for a replacement injector. If they replaced an injector under the recall previously, it carries a 2 year warranty. If it were to fail within those 2 years you should also get it replaced for free. I would definitely compare the PNs of what they replace, and if things seem shady, give BMWNA a call and explain what happened. They may possibly cover the repairs. Worse they can do is say no. Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well as an update, the fuel injector that failed was stamped with a part number that was included in the Recall, however they stoill charged me, and said that even tho it was that part number it was apparently not a part of the recall "because they would have changed it if it was"

sooo... i called BMWNA and complained. maybe its just me, but if they donr reimburse me, i highly doubt that "because if it was part of the recall we would have changed it" is going to hold up in court, and i dont make 700 dollars a day quite yet in my life, so it would be worth a court date to me.

ill keep you guys posted.