Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,212
    Rep Points
    1,811.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Naturally, also with using the stock crank. But what fun is that?
    Are you sure it's the stock crank??? This is back from 8/31:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, we are wrapping up another stroker and I managed to snap some pics this time Click here to enlarge We should be setting it up on the engine dyno in the next few weeks....there will be a vid. More soon!

    Specs:
    _VAC 4.4 stroker kit
    -VAC crank
    -CP pistons
    -Carrillo rods

    _Darton flanged sleeves
    _ARP hardware
    _billet dry sump oil system

    _VAC Stage 3 cylinder heads
    -Schrick camshafts
    -Schrick valvetrain

    _some custom bits
    _More info soon!

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...kmaster2-2.jpg

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...hmaster1-1.jpg

    http://www.PorscheBoost.com/images/i...5schrick-1.jpg

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...kercrank-1.jpg
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Amazing built!
    John 3:16


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Points
    2,205.8
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    40k + to build that same set up without the blower.

    Some money can be saved by not using the cams and dry sump.
    That would be ridiculous for the power. That'd be the clue to move to another platform.
    Change is constant

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    97.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    That would be ridiculous for the power. That'd be the clue to move to another platform.

    GTR

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Where's the dyno!!!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Are you sure it's the stock crank??? This is back from 8/31:
    It can't be the stock crank, it's a 4.4 liter. The comment was in reference of ways to keep a builds costs not referring to this particular build.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
    GTR
    Taking the GTR to high HP levels isn't cheap either. Especially once building the motor, trans, etc.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Akiya in Yokosuka, Japan/Miami, FL
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    51.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    This thing is insane! Definitely nice to own one.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    1999 M3 AA C30 S/C w/FMIC, UUC Motowerks, Vorsteiner, Bilsteins, Bav Auto, DEPOs

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,212
    Rep Points
    1,811.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    This motor is just begging to be fed some DCTs
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,152.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @benzy89: that other post is a different engine.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @Mike@VAC tell me how much the dry sump system would run and if there is any need to worry about extra stress with a supercharged application.
    $6800 for billet dry sump kit that utilizes an amazing Dailey 5 stage pump.

    For a 4.4 liter I would need new rods but I could use my same pistons. Would need the crank as well. How much a difference do you feel the extra displacement makes? Why not go more aggressive than 4.4 liters?
    We wanted to stick with the GTS theme. Others have more aggressive options, we chose this one since most of our clients would prefer the 4.4 over 4.6. We stock the 4.4 units.

    Also how strong do you feel the block is? This is sleeved? Do you feel flex is an issue? How much HP do you think the block can support even when sleeved? The bore spacing is pretty tight even with the stock bore.
    Yep, sleeved. We haven't even thought about pushing the limits of the engine yet, but we have sleeved S62s making over 1k hp with no issues.

    Freaking sick build guys, major props.
    Thanks man, wait till I get a video together of the n/a 4.4 ;-)

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,152.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh, peep this one ;-) (installs in stock housing) **I know, I know, our car is a DCT**

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    $6800 for billet dry sump kit that utilizes an amazing Dailey 5 stage pump.
    And this is perfect for supercharged applications? Ugh this build of mine isn't cheap but I'm going to need this.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    We wanted to stick with the GTS theme. Others have more aggressive options, we chose this one since most of our clients would prefer the 4.4 over 4.6. We stock the 4.4 units.
    I figured, that makes sense. Plus you know the stroke/rod ratio is correct as BMW chose it themselves. An extra 400cc's would be nice. If I do it down the line I'll get the crank and rods from you guys.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Yep, sleeved. We haven't even thought about pushing the limits of the engine yet
    I have Click here to enlarge I intend to take it to the damn maximum.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Oh, peep this one ;-) (installs in stock housing) **I know, I know, our car is a DCT**

    http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/.../s65dogbox.jpg
    Sick, this should go in its own separate thread.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    1,665.0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    $6800 for billet dry sump kit that utilizes an amazing Dailey 5 stage pump.
    To be fair to those that have never gone this route, there are still additional costs involved to complete the install.


    • Oil tank + Breather system
    • Fabrication in trunk to mount oil tank (Usually requires moving the battery, and cutting out the floor of the trunk)
    • 30+ feet of -12 AN line
    • Oil filtration
    • -12 fittings for oil lines
    • Bulkhead fittings for running the lines through trunk floor


    Then there's the fun of 15-20 quart oil changes...but the good news is that you'll find the engine makes more power and you can run a TON of ring gap to make monster power.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,152.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky and I have had this discussion before (you too, I think?) and I clearly advised against it for any car that will see the street. I do know people who have street legal cars with DSK and it's pretty foolish IMO - BUT it's their choice Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    To be fair to those that have never gone this route, there are still additional costs involved to complete the install.


    • Oil tank + Breather system
    • Fabrication in trunk to mount oil tank (Usually requires moving the battery, and cutting out the floor of the trunk)
    • 30+ feet of -12 AN line
    • Oil filtration
    • -12 fittings for oil lines
    • Bulkhead fittings for running the lines through trunk floor


    Then there's the fun of 15-20 quart oil changes...but the good news is that you'll find the engine makes more power and you can run a TON of ring gap to make monster power.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,152.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And this is perfect for supercharged applications? Ugh this build of mine isn't cheap but I'm going to need this.
    It's perfect for a road circuit car.

    I figured, that makes sense. Plus you know the stroke/rod ratio is correct as BMW chose it themselves. An extra 400cc's would be nice. If I do it down the line I'll get the crank and rods from you guys.
    Cool :-)

    I have Click here to enlarge I intend to take it to the damn maximum.
    Until we smoke the S65 in our white car, I doubt anything will happen here. We are going to start a project on our E90 M3 soon - that will make a lot more torque (esp down low Click here to enlarge than we are used to seeing Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    As promised for @LostMarine I went by VAC and looked at this 700 crank HP motor and took some pictures for you.
    Out of curiosity why do you say 700 crank? Did they put it on an engine dyno or something?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Out of curiosity why do you say 700 crank? Did they put it on an engine dyno or something?
    That's what I was told by the rep at the show, it has only seen a engine dyno.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    That's what I was told by the rep at the show, it has only seen a engine dyno.
    Thanks man, so with drivetrain loss what 600whp or so 625 tops? Do you know peak boost PSI? Is the blower the limit at this point? Sick engine. I hope it goes in a track car.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man, so with drivetrain loss what 600whp or so 625 tops? Do you know peak boost PSI? Is the blower the limit at this point? Sick engine. I hope it goes in a track car.
    This is capable of well over 600 whp. It could crank out 700+ I would think.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    We are going to start a project on our E90 M3 soon - that will make a lot more torque (esp down low than we are used to seeing
    Tell me more!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Sticky and I have had this discussion before (you too, I think?) and I clearly advised against it for any car that will see the street. I do know people who have street legal cars with DSK and it's pretty foolish IMO - BUT it's their choice Click here to enlarge
    So you don't think any street car should run the dry sump setup?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is capable of well over 600 whp. It could crank out 700+ I would think.
    I am not doubting you as I am sure you know much more about the engine/platform than me and I hope I am wrong given the supposed cost of this engine build.

    That being said, why wouldn't you want to make the most you could on the engine dyno? The only thing I can think of is not wanting to stress the engine before it is broken in right? But if that is the case why bother with an engine dyno at all? I thought breaking an engine in is better done in a car vs. an engine dyno...

    @Mike@VAC would you mind commenting?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    That being said, why wouldn't you want to make the most you could on the engine dyno?
    What do you mean? This motor has not been dyno'd yet from what I understand. The HP figure is just an estimate of over 700 horsepower capability.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean? This motor has not been dyno'd yet from what I understand. The HP figure is just an estimate of over 700 horsepower capability.
    Squeeze said it was already on an engine dyno. I was curious if VAC could confirm or deny this was the case, and then comment on the output:

    Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    That's what I was told by the rep at the show, it has only seen a engine dyno.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •