Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ESS VT2-625 review

This was i think # 11 or 12 of the 13 soon to be 14 Ess Vt supercharger kits for the E90 cars that we have installed, and so far we have yet to have one that hasnít made the power advertised or delivered absolute Joy to our customers. The drivability is perfect and the transmission software is one of the best improvements one could chose, to go with the added power. The quality of the manifold and other components are excellent, the kits simplicity and layout is well executed. The power is smooth and very exhilarating. We use the MAHA AWD dyno so wile some times disappointing it is the most accurate dyno in the world today. This also allows us to get baselines that correspond to the factory spec, and since this is the same dyno that BMW uses there is no more apples to oranges issues. On the Maha we typically see about 395-405 for the M3, this is on 91 AZ fuel, when octain is adjusted to 93 we usually see 405-410hp. the Maha also is a fully automatic dyno so there is no way to correct hp like other dynos, so you get what you get, and best of all it can read in crank hp, so no more guess work for drive train loss, with the Maha you get the M3s losses at every RPM/MPH (see the green line on the chart). Itís usually about 65-70 on a supercharged car at max power, depending on trans and dif temps, and yes the fluid temps can make up to 10hp drive train loss variation. so if you are seeing a stock M3 run over 330-340, its a fudged number. But back to the ESS kit, its fantastic and with some 50-60 kits ruing around out there they must be doing something rite.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    However many kits they have running around certainly tells us about their marketing online which we are all very familiar with.

When you refer to we, are you representing Good Speed?

AH, just checked your registration and it seems you work for Good Speed Performance. You did not read the vendor rules: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...dor-Guidelines

Guest vendors are not allowed to post threads and advertise but I will let it slide to promote positivity even though you are violating the rules and advertising.

Glad to hear you like the kits you are dealing, not surprised to hear that. I have to disagree with you regarding the transmission software being one of the best upgrades you can make, waste of money for smoke and mirrors, completely. I also disagree with you regarding cars that make more than 330-340 whp, mine did, nothing was ever wrong with it, it was just strong.

The Maha dyno is amazing and super accurate but we prefer wheel numbers here. Additionally, we prefer customers to provide their perspective not dealers but welcome and thank you for sharing.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for OT but what wheels are on that car?? I can't see the
    numbers made?? What was rwhp?? Is this the kit that was suppose to make
    600rwhp with stock exhaust, when that never happened they numbers were backed down to 560ish. Sorry for question but I can't see the sheet on
    my phone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    506 is to the wheels?? That Seems low or is it 600 plus to the wheels. I might
    be slow but I'm confused. Thought these higher level kits were suppose to hit 600rwhp or around that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kit looks clean.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That car is perfect. Ess hardware is great. Just somethng is up with the numbers. In the beginning they claimed 600rwhp stock exhaust. They seem to be back tracking on that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then they claimed 560rwhp full exhaust after no customer cars
    matched there numbers. What's the wheel hp on this car 506???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmm 506whp with stock exhaust?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go on m3forum. There's a thread about the vt625 saying it makes 560. I don't know doesn't make
    sense to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    That car is perfect. Ess hardware is great. Just somethng is up with the numbers. In the beginning they claimed 600rwhp stock exhaust. They seem to be back tracking on that.
    On pump gas...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it 624, 585 or 506 RWHP? im assuming its 506. do you have a baseline?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know sticky. The Op stated it made the power ess claims. Someone
    link the m3forum thread. Roman said vt625 makes 560. I don't want to always seem like
    a ass but that doesn't make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    is it 624, 585 or 506 RWHP?
    Even ESS can't answer this question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't know how you guys are so confused by the ESS kits-- they make it pretty clear in the name of the kit. The "VT2-625", for example should make 625 crank horse power. So, for a dyno/car with 20% drivetrain loss to the wheel (for example, if a stock e9X M dynoed at 331 rwhp), you should see 500rwhp on the same dyno with this kit installed, all else equal.

The claimed power is built into the name of the kits, and incredibly clear. Hopefully this will end your confusion Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Obioban Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how you guys are so confused by the ESS kits-- they make it pretty clear in the name of the kit. The "VT2-625", for example should make 625 crank horse power. So, for a dyno/car with 20% drivetrain loss to the wheel (for example, if a stock e9X M dynoed at 331 rwhp), you should see 500rwhp on the same dyno with this kit installed, all else equal.

The claimed power is built into the name of the kits, and incredibly clear. Hopefully this will end your confusion Click here to enlarge.
    Seems they confused themselves with the dyno numbers they put out showcasing the kits that still are higher than anything any customer has hit. Confusing, eh?

Plus, it seems several customers are not hitting advertised numbers for some reason, on M5board with the S62 kit and people with the S65 kit. Not to mentino all the dynos posted that show numbers for kits that are't even available. Hope this clears things up on why there is confusion, unless 600 whp through the stock exhaust on pump gas makes sense to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never seen them claim any of those as production kits-- just things the development cars have done along the way.

Can you link me to a thread where they advertise a production kit putting down 600 wheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never seen them claim any of those as production kits-- just things the development cars have done along the way.

Can you link me to a thread where they advertise a production kit putting down 600 wheel?
    Don't give me your BS spin. These dyno graphs have been used to promote the kits all over the place. Everyone has seen them and they posted them to get attention for their kits and it was misleading, period.

Explain to me how a pre-production kit puts out 600 whp on the stock exhaust on pump gas but a prodution kit after far more time to tune and even on race gas with a built exhaust can't even come close? Why are the pre-production kits so magical and seem to defy the laws of physics?

If you look at the thread posted on e46fanatics originally, there was no mention that these were numbers no one would hit. As a matter of fact, what was stated was this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Asbjorn@ESS
    Tests were performed on a 100% stock car on pump fuel only. The kit is 100% bolt-on.
    Click here to enlarge

Uh, notice where he says THIS kit is 100% bolt-on? As in, the ESS kit making 560 whp on a 100% stock car on pumg gas is? Where is the statement that this is not a prodution kit? As a matter of fact, everything implies it IS the production kit and what people should expect. You having trouble wih this?

How about when taken even further,

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Asjborn
    We even tested it on 8PSI, still on pump fuel
    Click here to enlarge

Huh? 600 whp at 8 psi on pump gas on a 100% stock car? But the newer kits are down on this by over 70 whp? Boost doesn't magically produce results varying by almost 100 whp. This whole thing STINKS.

How about the fact that this supposed test car, in the original thread in Norway, never had any mention of this 600 whp graph? How about how Roman tried to spin it that it was actually through a built exhaust when I found the original thread, translated it, and found out the exhaust had not even been built yet? You don't see the confusion? If there is nothing to hide here, why did Roman go out of his way to have my threads deleted and still does? Confusing?

The hardware is great, but you actually defending this type of blatant misleading marketing is exactly what the problem at ESS is and peple are sick of the BS. They could do a world of good by simply saying they tweaked higher dyno figures to get hype going to sell kits even though the production numbers are not in the same ballpark let alone a variance that can be explained by tuning alone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i am no longer worried about running an S/C S65. I was when all these dyno's first came around, but not today. Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In none of those threads did they ever state that those were going to be the kits for sale-- they were test/tuning cars, testing the limits of what can be done. Look at the wording you quoted, even:
    We even tested it on 8PSI, still on pump fuel
    TESTED! They find the limits of the hardware/reliability, and based the kit they sell on the data they've gathered. Never did they state that production kit would be making those numbers, or advertise kits they sell as making those number.

If anyone like to be misleading regarding ESS, it's lots of people in this thread. Look at the dyno from earlier-- yes, ESS accidentally posted it ONE time for the wrong car. But guess what-- it made LESS power than the graph they meant to post, so they actually undersold the power by posting the wrong graph. Hardly seems like an intentional misleading, eh?

False advertising would be selling a kit claiming it makes more power than it does. They don't do that. This forum is supposed to be all about BMW FI development, tuning etc-- ESS is showing you the steps they have along the way. Shouldn't that be exactly what you guys like here? If they didn't show you the development kits/dynos, and just had the final dynos, you guys would have nothing to complain about. Is that honestly what you'd prefer?

Sounds hypocritical to me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From this forum:
    -ESS hardware is great
    -ESS software is great

-shouldn't buy because they don't put as much power in their production kits as the development kits that they show as they develop them.

Accurate summary?

If so, do you think any of the tuners out there don't turn up the boost as they're developing cars? And then sell kits will less than the most the turned it up to? Or do you just not want to be shown the development phase where they do that, and prefer it to be hidden in a veil of development secrecy Click here to enlarge.

In NONE of those threads did they say, state, or even allude that the production kits would be hitting those numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^two posts that are the opposite of hate, for those who say all I do on here is hate Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i am no longer worried about running an S/C S65. I was when all these dyno's first came around, but not today. Thank you.
    Run one actually making the HP: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ighlight=ricky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was just a thread on m3forum. Saying vt625 makes 560ish. I should know I got banned asking questions in it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In none of those threads did they ever state that those were going to be the kits for sale-- they were test/tuning cars, testing the limits of what can be done. Look at the wording you quoted, even:

TESTED! They find the limits of the hardware/reliability, and based the kit they sell on the data they've gathered. Never did they state that production kit would be making those numbers, or advertise kits they sell as making those number.

If anyone like to be misleading regarding ESS, it's lots of people in this thread. Look at the dyno from earlier-- yes, ESS accidentally posted it ONE time for the wrong car. But guess what-- it made LESS power than the graph they meant to post, so they actually undersold the power by posting the wrong graph. Hardly seems like an intentional misleading, eh?

False advertising would be selling a kit claiming it makes more power than it does. They don't do that. This forum is supposed to be all about BMW FI development, tuning etc-- ESS is showing you the steps they have along the way. Shouldn't that be exactly what you guys like here? If they didn't show you the development kits/dynos, and just had the final dynos, you guys would have nothing to complain about. Is that honestly what you'd prefer?

Sounds hypocritical to me!
    Ummm, they tested their 100% bolt on kit on pump gas with 8 psi, that is what is said. The "kit" with 8 psi is shown to make 600 whp with just a pulley change, which isn't possible as the customers who bought this exact same hardware have shown. What possible difference is there that can account for such a large variance on the same hardware at the same boost? Well?

The entire post is that this is their bolt on kit. At no point did they say, don't get your hopes up, this is not how it actually is we are just teasing everyone and building hype with numbers no one will ever see? Well?

Yes, ESS posted the wrong dyno once again misleading, it happened. These dynos are wrong then too I guess since they are not realistic whatsoever yet people have been hyping their kits wtih these numbes since day 1. They brought this upon themselves by implying you could hit 600 whp with 8 psi on pump gas, are you kidding me?

Misleading advertising is what it is. Once again, read the post where says it is a 100% bolt on kit on pump gas. So why the hell are they talking about a kit they wouldn't be selling to anyone? This makes sense to you?

This forum is all about provding the correct info and saying you can hit 600 whp on the S65 on pump gas through the stock exhaust is a lie and creates false expectations for people. Sounds misleading to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast