Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Instead of doing a bandaid approach, go right to the source and address the issue. You kill a snake by cutting off its head, not starting at the tail and working up...its still gonna bite your ass.

Guys need to remember that Shiv is treating it like electronics...they release a product, and in 6 months its obsolete and a new better product comes out, forcing you to buy again. This fuel system upgrade is not rocket science...you know very well hes gonna try to come out with something soon to get everyone to jump on that upgrade...just a way for him to take a few more dollars imo...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB Click here to enlarge
    FWIW all of our flex fuel vehicles at Shift S3ctor were running this pump with no issues.
    Hi Mike,

I do prefer the single pump approach but your inline setup looks clean! Have any installed photos?

Do you have any logs showing the low fuel pressure before and after the pump on a higher HP car?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up with Vishnu bagging on Terry for his pump when it looks like they just grabbed an off the shelf pump and are trying to make it work in a similar manner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    threads merged

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW all of our flex fuel vehicles at Shift S3ctor were running this pump with no issues.
    How much horsepower? What mix and of what fuel (E85 or E98)?

I am still wondering to know:

1. Does it run stock line pressure
    2. Where is it located specifically
    3. How is it being cooled

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why don't you just disclose what the upgrade is, and why it's ideal over other available solutions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you just disclose what the upgrade is, and why it's ideal over other available solutions?
    That would be too easy. In every thread about this I heard the testers talk down on the E85 pump then provide no substance about why the inline booster is better. This is actually the first thread I have seen where someone running it hasn't said the E85 pump won't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To answer a few questions.

Many people were wondering how we were supporting the fuel system on Shiv's car earlier this year. Now everybody knows. We were actually running a prototype version of this system at the shift sector event back in February and have logged approximately 20k miles. This is a heavily tested product.

This has played a crucial role (not the sole reason by any means) in Shiv's car producing over 600 whp on our mustang dyno on 100% e85 without changing methanol nozzles.

Our inline fuel pump remains intank so there are no issues with the pump overheating.

The installation of the fuel pump leaves all factory siphons intact and does not obstruct any of the fuel level sending units.

The fuel pump remains on at all times running variable voltage and reducing the strain on the factory fuel pump.

The efficiency of the Walbro fuel pump is increased at high fuel pressures because it is being fed instead of actually drawing in fuel. Shiv and I have had several conversations with high performance fuel pump engineers on this topic.

I am not a vendor on this forum and I am hopefully not breaking any of the forum rules by making this post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sean@FFTEC Click here to enlarge
    I am not a vendor on this forum and I am hopefully not breaking any of the forum rules by making this post.
    Nope, if you were the post likely would not have gone through or would be edited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have been running this pump with 100% E85 for the last 2 months ~1000 miles with zero engine issues, with the Procede Flash and Rev 2.5. The one issue I have had, is with the tremendous Torque snapping my drivers side half shaft. The car runs strong, now that my clutch is broken in, I will be able to get some dyno runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    I have been running this pump with 100% E85 for the last 2 months ~1000 miles with zero engine issues, with the Procede Flash and Rev 2.5. The one issue I have had, is with the tremendous Torque snapping my drivers side half shaft. The car runs strong, now that my clutch is broken in, I will be able to get some dyno runs.
    Cool, good to hear. One correction though, wheel hop took out your half shaft, or better referred to as TORQUE SHOCK! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any before and after logs...? Find it hard to believe Shiv has been talking about this upgrade for months yet cannot provide simple datalogs..maybe you can help us out..
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Cool, good to hear. One correction though, wheel hop took out your half shaft, or better referred to as TORQUE SHOCK! Click here to enlarge
    Wheel hop caused by new found powah!!! Click here to enlarge I have my bushing kit from Rick on Order!!! Hopefully this will help with the root cause of the half shaft destructo problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In for more details from the other side.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12