Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

FFTEC N54 335i In-line Fuel Pump Upgrade - DISCUSSION

Saw a post on E90 that FFTEC made an update on Facebook....Here is the update picture...Any thought/discussion/concerns/etc??

Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that going into the fuel tank? How is it mounting? If it is outside of the tank, how is it being cooled? How is this better than Terry's DIY which already turns the HPFP into the limit? Is this meant to be used with upgraded lines from tank to hpfp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *** EDIT *** Removed a negative comment. Not really my place. Click here to enlarge

On the plus side it should be relatively inexpensive. Inline pumps like that with lines are only $100-$150. I'm not sure why they added a CNC head to it so looking forward to the explanation there. You can order most pumps in an inline format with screw in fittings on either side.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv's been talking about this products release for a little while. Should be interesting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting. Is it just me or they have gone back and forth between saying they're offering an in-tank LPFP replacement vs an Inline booster pump? Remember the last teaser pic they showed? lol
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    *** EDIT *** Removed a negative comment. Not really my place. Click here to enlarge

On the plus side it should be relatively inexpensive. Inline pumps like that with lines are only $100-$150. I'm not sure why they added a CNC head to it so looking forward to the explanation there. You can order most pumps in an inline format with screw in fittings on either side.
    Here is a response from one their guys...obviously doesnt tell much info...Probabaly have to wait until Shiv chimes in hopefully with logs:

Originally Posted by*MikeB@fftec*This is an in-line fuel pump system that retains all the factory fuel syphons. This works in conjunction with the factory low pressure fuel pump. The standard Walbro 400 that others are using alone doesn't flow well at the higher fuel pressures which are required for this application. Our in-tank, fuel system runs the fuel pumps in series, substantially increasing fuel volume at the high fuel pressures this application demands.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. Is it just me or they have gone back and forth between saying they're offering an in-tank LPFP replacement vs an Inline booster pump? Remember the last teaser pic they showed? lol
    I believe they always refered to it as the in line pump..Shiv even mentioned that it was not a booster pump and that a booster pump wouldnt be the proper solution
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Here is a response from one their guys...obviously doesnt tell much info...Probabaly have to wait until Shiv chimes in hopefully with logs:

Originally Posted by*MikeB@fftec*This is an in-line fuel pump system that retains all the factory fuel syphons. This works in conjunction with the factory low pressure fuel pump. The standard Walbro 400 that others are using alone doesn't flow well at the higher fuel pressures which are required for this application. Our in-tank, fuel system runs the fuel pumps in series, substantially increasing fuel volume at the high fuel pressures this application demands.
    I haven't run in to any low pressure issues issues running 500rw E60 only. In theory the pump should support 700rw depending on the E85 mixture. And of course this just happened to be one of many pumps that can be used in tank. If their inline pump is cheap enough and solves the same problem I guess why not. I've just used inline pumps in the past and always found them to be more of a stop-gap than a real long term solution. So I'm predisposed to prefer the single in tank pump approach.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I haven't run in to any low pressure issues issues running 500rw E60 only. In theory the pump should support 700rw depending on the E85 mixture. And of course this just happened to be one of many pumps that can be used in tank. If their inline pump is cheap enough and solves the same problem I guess why not. I've just used inline pumps in the past and always found them to be more of a stop-gap than a real long term solution. So I'm predisposed to prefer the single in tank pump approach.
    Haha make a better, cheaper option please

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not bashing, because I like what FFTECH is doing and I haven't done much research on E85 myself; but wasn't Shiv knocking Terry for using brass fittings on his solution? Fock!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

friends are saying this

friends are saying this will be effective ?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL

seriously? Not laughing at you, but THAT product...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv always likes to say things and then do the opposite. Yes please Terry, come up with a better working option...why do I have a feeling Shiv will try to sell this for $1000...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm suprised that FFTEC is fine with putting VISHNU on everything that goes on the 335.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I'm not bashing, because I like what FFTECH is doing and I haven't done much research on E85 myself; but wasn't Shiv knocking Terry for using brass fittings on his solution? Fock!
    There seems to be conflicting information on this. Have a look at

http://www.in.gov/idem/files/la-072-gg.pdf

and

http://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

and

http://catalog.gpi.net/Asset/Chemica...lity-Ver-6.pdf

The first link states brass is not compatible with ethanol fuels, specifically. The second two links say brass is compatible with ethanol (but not ethanol fuels specifically).

I would tend to trust the first link due to the context of ethanol used as a fuel, with gasoline, possibly in the presence of water. The second two links may not be making the right assumptions for using brass in a system which delivers a mixture of ethanol and gasoline, possibly in the presence of some water, to be burned in an engine. For instance, they may be assuming pharmaceutical grade (USP) ethanol in a lab.

Stay safe, use stainless! Nickel and nickel plated fittings appear acceptable as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not released yet but that thing looks like somebody went to the auto parts store and hardware store and bought whatever they could to get their civic working again. If they were going to go through a machining process i think they should have finished the job and extended it to cover more/all of the pump and integrate the wiring and plumbing into it. I'm not a fan of adding another electrical piece to band-aid a problem. If the original pump isn't enough replace it as if you add that you have to now worry about your original LPFP and that pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Certainly will be effective at making Shiv even more money than he takes from his suckers today.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd personally attack the root cause (ie OEM LPFP) rather than attaching a second booster type pump, since the original restriction orifuses still exist in the system, and will likely cavitate. But I guess shiv likes to put piggiebacks on everything he can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Shiv always likes to say things and then do the opposite. Yes please Terry, come up with a better working option...why do I have a feeling Shiv will try to sell this for $1000...
    The Walbro DIY is working well and holding full low pressure so until I start to get low fuel pressure drops again I consider it good enough for me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not just put in a better primary pump & skip the kludge?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv is more of a band-aid type guy, not a final solution.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    I'd personally attack the root cause (ie OEM LPFP) rather than attaching a second booster type pump, since the original restriction orifuses still exist in the system, and will likely cavitate. But I guess shiv likes to put piggiebacks on everything he can.
    So what you're saying is that his new power kit is gonna be trailing a lawnmower engine behind the car to provide 50 extra WHP?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Id say fuel line upgrade would help more than this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Id say fuel line upgrade would help more than this
    I wouldnt knock it just yet. Supposedly its running well, whatever works, works. It's all hearsay for now. Either way, good to see two working solutions out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW all of our flex fuel vehicles at Shift S3ctor were running this pump with no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If we have one solution that's an upgrade for the factory pump and another that's an inline booster, sounds like a win-win to me. Especially when it's time to use both :-).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast