Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    close, but you need to find a dynojet 520hp camaro to be fairly accurate, or a DD dyno M3. OORRR a similarly modded camaro on a dj even if #s are not the same
    Something tells me i messed up something there. I can't seem to find it though, i'm too drunk and sleepy. Click here to enlarge
    The Camaro dyno was the best i could find. The HP figures and the mods almost match each other. Please don't tell me the Camaro in the video have different kind of mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, I would've expected a flatter torque curve with the LS3. Either way, that is interesting.

Still, can't really argue with the video. Until we hear from the owner of the M3 it's all moot.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I highly doubt the camaro will be trapping 130, but it looks like the m3 isn't going be trapping 130 either.
    Not this one although with the claims it should be.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, I would've expected a flatter torque curve with the LS3. Either way, that is interesting.

Still, can't really argue with the video. Until we hear from the owner of the M3 it's all moot.
    It also doesn't include the gearing. Just one part of the puzzle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is the part where this site just sucks... There are now over 8 pages of trying to dissect why the M lost because thats just not possible in the mind of some. That the Camaro beat this thing is plainly evident, short of getting both cars on the same dyno the same day we wont know each cars respective numbers. Nor without the actual M's owner chiming in will we know what the cars performance is like. Unless there are other vids of the M crushing folks or the Camaro gettin spanked it is what it is.

Its a video, its entertainment and in this one the M took the L. Next one could go the M's way
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This is the part where this site just sucks...
    WELL..... you are on BimmerBoost Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    WELL..... you are on BimmerBoost Click here to enlarge
    exactly.. and this time of year/weather for the north east guys is pretty slow for actual action, so we revert back to ricer-math Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SMH... Weather is just fine minus one snow y'all could run. I'm not even talking to Lost Marine till he spills the beans and says what he is buying. Notice that fool aint said a damn thing about a car. Just sayin
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SMH... Weather is just fine minus one snow y'all could run. I'm not even talking to Lost Marine till he spills the beans and says what he is buying. Notice that fool aint said a damn thing about a car. Just sayin
    mostly because I didnt have the car back yet. My new car is still sitting pretty waiting to be picked up. I dont want to be like another person we know that has/had a 30 page build thread months before he even ordered the first parts Click here to enlarge

I have several people lined up for my s/c kit as is, just waiting on 1 to pull the trigger, then my car gets on trailer and heads off Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Blah, blah, blah...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are there any blower e92's in michigan i can fight with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    are there any blower e92's in michigan i can fight with?
    Try the Regional section over here or on any of the other BMW/performance forums & if there are any shops that might do that install-- Sure you'll be able to find at least 1 supercharged M
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    mostly because I didnt have the car back yet. My new car is still sitting pretty waiting to be picked up. I dont want to be like another person we know that has/had a 30 page build thread months before he even ordered the first parts Click here to enlarge

I have several people lined up for my s/c kit as is, just waiting on 1 to pull the trigger, then my car gets on trailer and heads off Click here to enlarge

lol...tell' em why you mad son
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Steve.

I extended the RPM range of the Camaro. Still, The M3 tops the Camaro but by not much.
    Click here to enlarge

I also played with the gear/diff ratios to see how much power both car puts down in a specific period. The M3 is the faster car in all cases.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
    This is the part where this site just sucks... There are now over 8 pages of trying to dissect why the M lost because thats just not possible in the mind of some.
    Believe me my friend, it's not possible UNLESS something is wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...tell' em why you mad son
    huh?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Steve.

Believe me my friend, it's not possible UNLESS something is wrong.
    I say again there is nothing to show the Camaro is more than stated or the M less than stated. There's a vid, there's a run and there's a winner. Anything else at this point is hypothetical. Until we get the respective owners to state their piece the vid stands
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the part where this site just sucks... There are now over 8 pages of trying to dissect why the M lost because thats just not possible in the mind of some. That the Camaro beat this thing is plainly evident, short of getting both cars on the same dyno the same day we wont know each cars respective numbers. Nor without the actual M's owner chiming in will we know what the cars performance is like. Unless there are other vids of the M crushing folks or the Camaro gettin spanked it is what it is.

Its a video, its entertainment and in this one the M took the L. Next one could go the M's way
    M's can lose, that isn't it. A bunch of videos have been shown with BMW's losing so you are looking at it the wrong way.

The issue isn't excuses for the car it's that ESS kits are portrayed often stronger than they really are. Either the Camaro is making more than advertised or the BMW is making less.

And analysis of runs for 8 pages is great and why this site rocks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    M's can lose, that isn't it. A bunch of videos have been shown with BMW's losing so you are looking at it the wrong way.

The issue isn't excuses for the car it's that ESS kits are portrayed often stronger than they really are. Either the Camaro is making more than advertised or the BMW is making less.

so basically if the M owner fessed up and said "hey, its really just a 600 kit and the 570ish whp is incorrect then this discussion should be finished? FWIW....I thought 650 kits were putting down that kind of power....(570ish whp)

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so basically if the M owner fessed up and said "hey, its really just a 600 kit and the 570ish whp is incorrect then this discussion should be finished? FWIW....I thought 650 kits were putting down that kind of power....(570ish whp)
    570 whp on a DCT is not as simple as they make it seem. I have to go with the M3 is just not making that power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    570 whp on a DCT is not as simple as they make it seem. I have to go with the M3 is just not making that power.

i have seen it....but it was on a 650 kit...not sure but i think it was on race gas as well

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have seen it....but it was on a 650 kit...not sure but i think it was on race gas as well
    I hit 570 whp with meth and race gas as well as some header work. Think about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lets not forget longboarder hit "570" hp too, at 5 psi, on a "600" kit, but ran equal with 500hp cars.. so graphs are one thing, realworld results are another..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I disagree its makes the site look pompous and no less arrogant than other sites they dont like being compared to...

If the argument is that ESS kits or this car is falsely advertised then lets say that up front. However the disbelief has been and continues to be the Camaro could not beat the M despite a video doing just that. We have dyno's of of other cars, we have graphs showing this or that, people calling BS on the car, people claiming the Maro has a motor swap, or it has spray. Its not till later that the ESS kit may be the issue pops up. The ESS issue is a valid argument vs something aint right. Hard to argue with the video is my point when the winner and loser are clear. Bear in mind Im not defending the Maro or M, I am just stating the obvious
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I disagree its makes the site look pompous and no less arrogant than other sites they dont like being compared to...
    What is pompous and arrogant about discussing a run in depth? Well?

If the argument is that ESS kits or this car is falsely advertised then lets say that up front.
    Some people ARE saying that. Some people aren't.

However the disbelief has been and continues to be the Camaro could not beat the M despite a video doing just that.
    Nobody is denying the Camaro won.

A 570 whp M3 should not lose to a 520 whp camaro.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast