Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 229
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Google cached it, click the link and it's deleted. Should I make an article out of it? How Rogue Engineering and VF-Engineering are getting $#@!ed because they aren't paying off the right people?

    I'd say go for it -- Kinda bull$#@! that some1 post their personal experience with a non-ESS kit & it get's deleted by the mods for no reason. I know RE isn't a Bimmerpost sponsor, but a lot of their products are sold through 3rd party vendors (who are sponsors) like Modbargains (banned), HP Autowerks + EAS.


    VAC better watch out that they don't get banned since they're a VF supporter too
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd say go for it -- Kinda bull$#@! that some1 post their personal experience with a non-ESS kit & it get's deleted by the mods for no reason. I know RE isn't a Bimmerpost sponsor, but a lot of their products are sold through 3rd party vendors (who are sponsors) like Modbargains (banned), HP Autowerks + EAS.


    VAC better watch out that they don't get banned since they're a VF supporter too
    I'll write something up, why not, people need to know.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll write something up, why not, people need to know.
    I'd say even try contacting the customer directly -- I'll see if I can dig up his info since I did comment in that thread


    Here's the video of the car getting dyno'd at RE:


    **Surprise, comments were all deleted
    Last edited by benzy89; 12-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd say even try contacting the customer directly -- I'll see if I can dig up his info since I did comment in that thread
    Get me his info ASAP...

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If anyone wants to try reaching out to this guy on M3Post, his forum name is "Spent198". He's a NJ guy so I'm sure he'd feel a LOT more at home if he came over & joined the ranks at BB

    **I would but still haven't gotten PM privileges back
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If anyone wants to try reaching out to this guy on M3Post, his forum name is "Spent198". He's a NJ guy so I'm sure he'd feel a LOT more at home if he came over & joined the ranks at BB

    **I would but still haven't gotten PM privileges back
    Well, we need someone with an account or other means to contact him to inform him.

    Good work on getting the username.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Trying to think of people who still have PM ability over there:
    @LostMarine
    @akh23456
    @bobS
    @themyst
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    So what is it you want me to PM this guy? But yes, it's a miracle that I am not banned on shivpost. And believe me, Shiv has been trying his hardest to get me banned Click here to enlarge

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Points
    1,457.0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
    Dumbest thing I've read all day, thanks Click here to enlarge

    I hope you get a physics lesson for xmas Click here to enlarge

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see the dyno sheets on each car... That along with an idea of the starting RPM of each car. My guess is the tq difference is fairly immense and thats an advantage for the Maro. The M has great top end power which is an advantage and the consistency of DCT which can be an advantage against a poorly or slowly shifted manual car. I dont see the big issue personally. Its not like he put car lengths on the M3, the M is there are if folks are honest starting to creep back up. A longer run would have likely seen the M get right next to him. Lastly dyno numbers are not the be all end all of performance. These dyno's read all over the damn place how you run on the street matters more.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Crofton, Maryland (MD)
    Posts
    278
    Rep Points
    408.5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see the dyno sheets on each car... That along with an idea of the starting RPM of each car. My guess is the tq difference is fairly immense and thats an advantage for the Maro. The M has great top end power which is an advantage and the consistency of DCT which can be an advantage against a poorly or slowly shifted manual car. I dont see the big issue personally. Its not like he put car lengths on the M3, the M is there are if folks are honest starting to creep back up. A longer run would have likely seen the M get right next to him. Lastly dyno numbers are not the be all end all of performance. These dyno's read all over the damn place how you run on the street matters more.

    exactly. I also like to know if the M had a boost gauge and whether or not if he was seeing full boost (if he had any belt slip then, the result is more realistic. If there was no belt slip, then the m3 is not making more than 530whp which makes it par with what Ess advertise.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So what is it you want me to PM this guy? But yes, it's a miracle that I am not banned on shivpost. And believe me, Shiv has been trying his hardest to get me banned Click here to enlarge
    Just PM this Spent198 guy & find out what happened with his "VF650 Installed at Rogue Engineering" thread. He put up some dynos & just commented on his experience, but the mods killed the thread for no legit reason
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    0.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    In some instances tq can win the race but it would either have to be a big difference in tq with little hp difference or a short run. An old school guy once told me that if you want to beat a big block, roll him from 80. I dont know if it was said but how much tq is this Camaro making?

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just PM this Spent198 guy & find out what happened with his "VF650 Installed at Rogue Engineering" thread. He put up some dynos & just commented on his experience, but the mods killed the thread for no legit reason
    Yes, hopefully somebody can PM him and let him know about us...

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Spike at peak due to the throttle bodies closing, that is why you get inflated power figures.

    Yeah ours close slowly as they reach redline like stock. They close immediately as max rpm is reached.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Rep Points
    290.8
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What does this car run in the 1/4? The traps speeds won't be near a supercharged DCT M3, it makes no sense. The car is also way heavier.
    I havent take it to the track, so I dont know.If I do, I will let you know...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see the dyno sheets on each car... That along with an idea of the starting RPM of each car. My guess is the tq difference is fairly immense and thats an advantage for the Maro. The M has great top end power which is an advantage and the consistency of DCT which can be an advantage against a poorly or slowly shifted manual car. I dont see the big issue personally. Its not like he put car lengths on the M3, the M is there are if folks are honest starting to creep back up. A longer run would have likely seen the M get right next to him. Lastly dyno numbers are not the be all end all of performance. These dyno's read all over the damn place how you run on the street matters more.
    -My dyno sheet is on the first page(click the link that says www.camaro5...).I will try to find the dyno sheet for the M.
    -I am not sure about what was M's RPM but mine was sitting around 4500 if I remember correctly.
    -It was a 45ish roll.
    -Yes there is a big tq advantage for me.
    -I believe if we went up to 200mph or sth like that I believe he would have me.
    -M3 only started to creep back up on first race, due to my slow shifting.If I shifted it little faster(like in the 2nd pull) it would stay where it is and can not creep up. I believe its even possible to open the gap a little more with powershifting...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3816 Click here to enlarge
    exactly. I also like to know if the M had a boost gauge and whether or not if he was seeing full boost (if he had any belt slip then, the result is more realistic. If there was no belt slip, then the m3 is not making more than 530whp which makes it par with what Ess advertise.
    Yes M had a boost gauge. It was seeing full boost. The owner of the M never complained about a boost leak or belt slippage. 570whp is what the owner of the M told me. I also have him on the video(another vid) while he says the specs...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    In some instances tq can win the race but it would either have to be a big difference in tq with little hp difference or a short run. An old school guy once told me that if you want to beat a big block, roll him from 80. I dont know if it was said but how much tq is this Camaro making?
    Yes it was a big difference in tq between two cars. 470WTQ. Hope this helps

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    570whp is what the owner of the M told me. I also have him on the video(another vid) while he says the specs...
    Did he dyno it or is he going by inflated forum dyno figures for marketing?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Crofton, Maryland (MD)
    Posts
    278
    Rep Points
    408.5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did he dyno it or is he going by inflated forum dyno figures for marketing?

    He probably dyno it on a Dynopack, Click here to enlarge or some super-hero dyno of that nature. If the kit made 570whp Roman would be the first person to preach it!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3816 Click here to enlarge
    If the kit made 570whp Roman would be the first person to preach it!
    That's actually exactly what he preaches. Claims of 600+ whp too...

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Points
    1,805.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    50 HP Max​ Drivetrain Loss on ESS Kits
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Rep Points
    290.8
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did he dyno it or is he going by inflated forum dyno figures for marketing?
    He dynoed it, but I dont know which dyno it was.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    He dynoed it, but I dont know which dyno it was.
    Love to see his graph.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Torque... That LS has boat loads of it from most every rpm especially down low. The M3 while efficient does not have the Tq to move it down low. DCT helps it not get destroyed and you can clearly see the nose lift on each run on the M3 he is WOT even jumps a slight bit. But tq moves you and that's a great display in what tq does for a car. HP is nice for damn sure but Tq down low and in the mid range is hard to beat. Great run and the M looks the business. Feels local for some reason.

    Thats not always true look at a viper 8.4L tq monster vs a z06.... or look at a viper vs a evo with 450whp the evo wins... Ill tell you what this camaro has a 6.3L or a 7L swap its not a 6.0 with cams and bolt ons....

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    lol, i just saw this is copied and pasted on a less realistic site and people are arguing the $#@! out of it, first that its not supercharged, when clearly the video shows it.. i guess they have a habit of not even watching the video, hearing that the m3 lost and coming up with excuses.. typical.. then another guy says, "who knows, maybe it was running a different kit" lol.. clearly shows the mentality

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    can we get 60-130 times out of the nissan gang? I cant race any of them until july when waterfest takes place in NJ but im down for some competition!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •