Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vishnu customer service woes + can the G5 run meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

NP. I generally see what the car can handle at maximum steady-state levels, and then dial back boost and timing a bit so its generally happy rather than a balls out street tune that knocks sometimes and not others. I beleive thats why people generally think Cobb is "under powered" where the Cobbs guys know that its just better tuned for all around street conditions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NP. I generally see what the car can handle at maximum steady-state levels, and then dial back boost and timing a bit so its generally happy rather than a balls out street tune that knocks sometimes and not others. I beleive thats why people generally think Cobb is "under powered" where the Cobbs guys know that its just better tuned for all around street conditions.
    I might have to do this if my new coil doesnt stop my Cyl. 5 misfiring (new plugs in).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

there are several posts in this thread that are epic ... one about being honest sticks out, lmao... some of these big shots forget about the most simple things in life that gain you respect... honesty and integrity are two big ones... Vishnu seems to lack both yet there fans are soooo in love..

my only thing is if the kit was that bad and people paid that much how is no one coming here to complain yet? not even 1 person... so it cant be THAT bad
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    my only thing is if the kit was that bad and people paid that much how is no one coming here to complain yet? not even 1 person... so it cant be THAT bad
    its because shiv dangle the help in front of you, if you talk, you get no help. so that leaves you no options of venting. especially if it IS being worked on. Not the first time shiv cut people off for seeking help publicly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

who would come out in public and be all "hey I spent 10k and my car is all malt lickey malt lickey"
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha yeah. I shoudlve just deleted the first part. I kept it in case someone was wondering what my first question was, even though i found the answer. @Sticky , just edit out that first part please? lol The second question is the only one i have left...
    I have only DCI and I have been running stage 1 for over a year on crappy california 91 gas. I run stage 2 when I go to the airstrip events. You can go ahead and run stage 1 and you will be fine. Just log at first to make sure your trims look ok.
    You have access to higher than 91 octane in Florida right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 Click here to enlarge
    I have only DCI and I have been running stage 1 for over a year on crappy california 91 gas. I run stage 2 when I go to the airstrip events. You can go ahead and run stage 1 and you will be fine. Just log at first to make sure your trims look ok.
    You have access to higher than 91 octane in Florida right?
    Yes sir, i run 93 all the time Click here to enlarge

As far as the ST discussion, i have found that there is almost ZERO reviews on the ST kits, either positive or negative. Its very odd, as usually they would post up when a bug hits the windshield.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its because shiv dangle the help in front of you, if you talk, you get no help. so that leaves you no options of venting. especially if it IS being worked on. Not the first time shiv cut people off for seeking help publicly
    It could also be if they agreed to be "beta testers" or something similar, when purchasing for a lower price, early release etc etc. You agree to not make anything public unless you get permission to, and also give the manufacture a chance to rectify the problem before you do anything. To me this is prob why no one is speaking out. I do agree though, the kit cannot be that bad, just seems the AT cant handle the power, which should be remedied soon I am assuming. I am buying an N54 in the next few months and I really want to get a AT because they are just that much better for drag racing. But right now I would not do it based off the issues.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 560WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you! Id rep if i could.
    Repped for ya....and welcome to the club Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    It could also be if they agreed to be "beta testers" or something similar, when purchasing for a lower price, early release etc etc. You agree to not make anything public unless you get permission to, and also give the manufacture a chance to rectify the problem before you do anything. To me this is prob why no one is speaking out. I do agree though, the kit cannot be that bad, just seems the AT cant handle the power, which should be remedied soon I am assuming. I am buying an N54 in the next few months and I really want to get a AT because they are just that much better for drag racing. But right now I would not do it based off the issues.
    i haven't heard any auto issues at the drag strip yet. has any one ? it seems they are confined to 5th gear high speed runs. I have an auto tranny and will fit a cooler soon and keep on keepin on at the drag strip for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    i haven't heard any auto issues at the drag strip yet. has any one ? it seems they are confined to 5th gear high speed runs. I have an auto tranny and will fit a cooler soon and keep on keepin on at the drag strip for now.
    You are single turbo and have been at the strip? What is your car running?
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You are single turbo and have been at the strip? What is your car running?
    i was stock twins and I'm sticking with twins, either your s2s or RBs.

i was runnin 11.8-11.9 at around 116/117 on street tires full weight no meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I like how SIKH took it upon himself to be the poster boy for the "single turbo" guys @ e90failpost. How he's part of "history" and that he's working hard for the community. Apparently nobody ever developed a single turbo BMW ever before.......(N55?)

Love how they have nothing to prove either....yeah so what's the point in the end? Just so you can have a single turbo and pretend you're the fastest $#@! on wheels?

Now back to the AT talk. Never in my life have I met an automatic transmission that I didn't kill with just stock engine power and my foot. How nobody saw this event coming I don't even know lol. I remember how even when this abortion of a single turbo kit was going on the 1st AT car. Everybody was tripping over themselves saying how this thing will hit low 10's right out of the box!! How long has it been now? I kinda stopped following this, any AT car made a 1/4 pass yet without assploding it's transmission in the process?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Sikh hates me lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh of course. and that makes sense. until you see that most of the users publicly state they paid full price, did NOT, sign anything, ect. im sure the first guy or 2 didnt had special treatment. Beta testing is and should be quite. BUT it shouldnt be for sale at the same time, or at least advertised as ready to go 100%.
    The trans issue is something we've know about for a loooong time. The only reason people hesitated is because shiv blatantly said he has devised a way around it, once again defying common sense and physics. So its no suprise

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I like how SIKH took it upon himself to be the poster boy for the "single turbo" guys @ e90failpost. How he's part of "history" and that he's working hard for the community
    lol, give the guy a break, he IS part of history. just not in a good way, more like the guy that has the uber badass super special car, that CANT put down any #'s other than on a dyno.. SO he is correct, he has the most expensive N54 Dyno Queen..

you cant just BUY your place in history, you have to MAKE history Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Broke mine with stock turbos.Not hard to do at these power levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

who would come out in public and be all "hey I spent 10k and my car is all malt lickey malt lickey"
    I would

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I would
    lol. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

I like how SIKH took it upon himself to be the poster boy for the "single turbo" guys @ e90failpost. How he's part of "history" and that he's working hard for the community. Apparently nobody ever developed a single turbo BMW ever before.......(N55?)

Love how they have nothing to prove either....yeah so what's the point in the end? Just so you can have a single turbo and pretend you're the fastest $#@! on wheels?

Now back to the AT talk. Never in my life have I met an automatic transmission that I didn't kill with just stock engine power and my foot. How nobody saw this event coming I don't even know lol. I remember how even when this abortion of a single turbo kit was going on the 1st AT car. Everybody was tripping over themselves saying how this thing will hit low 10's right out of the box!! How long has it been now? I kinda stopped following this, any AT car made a 1/4 pass yet without assploding it's transmission in the process?
    The older 7 series (i forget which years) used single K27 turbos. I have upgraded a few of them for local guys with Garrett compressors. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This really isn't anything new. Just a different platform.
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I am buying a Spec Stage 3+ clutch on Monday with the new steel flywheel that is coming out. You could go that route and run NLS and 2STEP, but it still wont be as fast as an auto. Ha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I have friends from the Evo world who laughed when Shiv said a DSM or the new Evos couldnt make more than 450whp on the stock motor. I forget what they have achieved but i think the number is a bit higher than that. He also claimed his piggyback then was superior, but couldnt understand why my friends 91 GSX goes low 9s/8s@ 150+, and makes 1200 in change on C16/E85/whatever that oxygenated fuel is out there (MS109?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I have friends from the Evo world who laughed when Shiv said a DSM or the new Evos couldnt make more than 450whp on the stock motor. I forget what they have achieved but i think the number is a bit higher than that. He also claimed his piggyback then was superior, but couldnt understand why my friends 91 GSX goes low 9s/8s@ 150+, and makes 1200 in change on C16/E85/whatever that oxygenated fuel is out there (MS109?)
    Before I got the 335i I was actually considering an Evo X. I was searching for tunes and wanted to see what else was there in the possible options other than the mighty Buschur and AMS offerings. I came across the thread titled: Vishnu or Buschur? The answer that stood out to me the most was something along these lines if I remember correctly:

"You're somewhere in the middle of the country so if you head East you'll find Buschur, in turn if you go West, you will find AMS. Either way you go you will win."

That's the 1st time I heard about Vishnu and decided to do some research, did some digging in the DSM forums, WRX, chased him across to Audi. I never talked to the guy, never did any business, never bought any of his products, and upon my arrival to the N54 scene, I knew I wasn't ever going to do any of those things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

A friend of mine... BMS FTW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just FYI...Cobb N55 support is in testing Click here to enlarge anyone local with an e90/e92 335XI N55 motor interested in a Cobb AP tune let us know...must be local to me or Jake in Maryland

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast