Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishnu customer service woes + can the G5 run meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Smile Vishnu customer service woes + can the G5 run meth?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smh.....Procede user
    Thanks E90Company Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So what? Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for the welcome. And yes, i use a Procede, but i am honestly fed up with having absolutely no support from Vishnu with anything. I wish i went with COBB/JB4 G5....

Now, to figure out how this forum works haha. I joined BB because i want more N54 talk, less "should i get matte black kidney grills" threads...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Now, to figure out how this forum works haha. I joined BB because i want more N54 talk, less "should i get matte black kidney grills" threads...
    Then you are in the right place. How did you hear about it?

Thanks for the welcome. And yes, i use a Procede, but i am honestly fed up with having absolutely no support from Vishnu with anything.
    I wish it was not a recurring theme... but it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Then you are in the right place. How did you hear about it?
    To be honest, i originally heard of Bimmerboost because it was "the forum that shall not be named" over on E90Post. I joined after a Google search on Dzennos car and 'ProEFI N54'. I was looking for some pictures of when Dzenno took apart the N54, and i saw that this forum had a bunch of people that know N54s very well. So i joined Click here to enlarge

I wish it was not a recurring theme... but it is.
    I purposely went with the Procede because everyone i talked to assured me that they were all comparable tunes, plus i liked that Shiv could create a (at the time) solid single-turbo option. Little did i know that Terry has much better customer service than the Vishnu team. Im debating switching to the JB4 G5 because of Terry and the isolated boost. Can the G5 run meth yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

To be honest, i originally heard of Bimmerboost because it was "the forum that shall not be named" over on E90Post.
    I like that it's working to our advantage somewhat.

You'll understand soon enough.

I purposely went with the Procede because everyone i talked to assured me that they were all comparable tunes, plus i liked that Shiv could create a (at the time) solid single-turbo option. Little did i know that Terry has much better customer service than the Vishnu team. Im debating switching to the JB4 G5 because of Terry and the isolated boost. Can the G5 run meth yet?
    Let's get you some answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Hi Eric,

You don't need the BMS flash for meth. That is for running 50% or more E85 WITHOUT meth.

RE: Meth we sell integrated JB4 meth kits. Many hundreds or thousands run meth with their JB4. Maybe you are asking if the G5 can run your procede meth kit? The deal is Shiv sort of stiffed you guys by not giving you the normal electronics you would get if you bought a stand alone aquamist kit. I say stiffed because you paid for them but just didn't get them. So long story short to run your methanol kit with the JB4 you need either our FSB controller to have an integrated setup, or a stand alone Aquamist controller to have a non-integrated setup. With the stand alone controller you could also feed flow sensor input in to the FSB for a semi-integrated kit.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Hi Eric,

You don't need the BMS flash for meth. That is for running 50% or more E85 WITHOUT meth.

RE: Meth we sell integrated JB4 meth kits. Many hundreds or thousands run meth with their JB4. Maybe you are asking if the G5 can run your procede meth kit? The deal is Shiv sort of stiffed you guys by not giving you the normal electronics you would get if you bought a stand alone aquamist kit. I say stiffed because you paid for them but just didn't get them. So long story short to run your methanol kit with the JB4 you need either our FSB controller to have an integrated setup, or a stand alone Aquamist controller to have a non-integrated setup. With the stand alone controller you could also feed flow sensor input in to the FSB for a semi-integrated kit.

Thanks for the input Terry!

Im still far away from needing meth (tune and downpipes at the moment), but i just wanted to double check how meth worked with the JB4 G5. I wish i made the right decision the first time around!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Welcome to the best N54 community on the netClick here to enlarge

We may be $#@!s on occasion but if you need help then this is the place to be.

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

It's a great community for all German cars although the N54 section does take a majority of the attention and activity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Thanks for the input Terry!

Im still far away from needing meth (tune and downpipes at the moment), but i just wanted to double check how meth worked with the JB4 G5. I wish i made the right decision the first time around!
    No worries. We're here if you ever need us. Over the years I've become fairly familiar with the procede as well so if you post a thread here asking for procede help if I have time I'll try to give you a reply in it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No worries. We're here if you ever need us. Over the years I've become fairly familiar with the procede as well so if you post a thread here asking for procede help if I have time I'll try to give you a reply in it.
    You seem to offer more Vishnu support than Vishnu.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This is how to run a business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Get a G5 and some E85. Just my 2 cents. ��

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Welcome to the best N54 community on the net

We may be ***** on occasion but if you need help then this is the place to be.
    Thanks for the welcome!

It's a great community for all German cars although the N54 section does take a majority of the attention and activity.
    Thanks. I look forward to reading up on some cars i am unfamiliar with.

Thanks Terry, your the man.

You seem to offer more Vishnu support than Vishnu.
    I have sent Shiv probably 3 emails in the last 3 months. Never had a reply. Although, their sales dept. responds to my emails asking about buying some products immediately...

This is how to run a business.
    +1

Get a G5 and some E85. Just my 2 cents.
    I cant seem to find E85 or gas above 93 octane where i live.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Time to get a 55gal drum of e85, and call it a day. You will be astonished in regards to how the car wakes up with some e85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The run meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I have sent Shiv probably 3 emails in the last 3 months. Never had a reply. Although, their sales dept. responds to my emails asking about buying some products immediately..
    I'm sorry, I just can't get enough of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I just can't get enough of this.
    If you aren't spending $8k on a ST, he doesn't have time for you right now. I'm sure all of his time is spent trying to make these things run correctly. I would be pissed if I spent that kind of money on the kit and it still isn't running properly months later.

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS CH-R

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    If you aren't spending $8k on a ST, he doesn't have time for you right now. I'm sure all of his time is spent trying to make these things run correctly. I would be pissed if I spent that kind of money on the kit and it still isn't running properly months later.
    Very true. Still, a reply saying 'sorry, very busy' wouldve sufficed. Im going with Vargas turbos when my stockers break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Very true. Still, a reply saying 'sorry, very busy' wouldve sufficed. Im going with Vargas turbos when my stockers break.
    Welcome Eric! And lol Eric and @Sticky, I was messing around with him with the Procede comment. We've talked alot on E90Post. Click here to enlarge

You will like it alot here. Sticky is a great guy, the people on here know what they are talking about, and it's just a great overall community. I say make the switch to the JB G5, I think you would like it better. Good luck with whatever you do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

+1
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yeah, @E90Company and i are familiar with eachother. Click here to enlarge

And yes, im beginning to realize the people on BB know what they are talking about compared to the masses on E9XPost. Ill probably switch tunes eventually, but ill try to sell the PROcede first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Welcome aboard. yea, BB is where you come to get tech answers and fanboy beat downs. E90 is where you go to learn from the fanboys how to properly work shiv's nuts (and all the other tuners to some extent).
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

E90 is the place you use to sell stuff to newbs, and then laugh all day at the "pro's"

BB is where you come to argue over /find out why its so funny and ridiculous

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Heh, I know another guy down here in Houston who's not happy with his Procede due to the lack of customer support. Except, he was able to get Shiv on the phone but was told that the Shiv's maps were the end all be all and not to mess with them.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Don't get me wrong, I am not making excuses for them. Hopefully @VargasTurboTech takes note of this and they have their turbos tested at all speeds on both AT and 6MT before releasing to the public. Please do not release an unfinished product to the public without having everything covered including proper tuning.

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS CH-R

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast