Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    New recommendation on the diff oil, Fuchs Titan 75w-140..straight from Wavetrac
    I have never heard of this oil before, looks like I will be sticking with Redline for now at least until the next interval 20k (is this the norm for Diff oil change maybe 15k?). I talked with Turner Motorsport when i picked up the oil and they had good things to say about the Red Line 57104 75W-140 NS for my WaveTrac so i am not worried.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@Tzu , has the thump subsided at all with increased mileage or remained the same? Still running the Redline 75-140 from last year?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @nitehawk Thump is still present. Thump is less noticable with fresh diff oil, but gets worse as the age/usage of the diff oil increases. Still on the same 75-140 as last summer, probably 20k km on it now. Switching over to Motoul 75-90 this weekend. I do 2 diff services per year now since fresh oil seems to eat up some of the driveline slack. Did you grab an M-factory unit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    @nitehawk Thump is still present. Thump is less noticable with fresh diff oil, but gets worse as the age/usage of the diff oil increases. Still on the same 75-140 as last summer, probably 20k km on it now. Switching over to Motoul 75-90 this weekend. I do 2 diff services per year now since fresh oil seems to eat up some of the driveline slack. Did you grab an M-factory unit?
    Yeah, I've signed up for the group buy. I spoke to another local member who already got their M-factory unit on his 335i 6MT. It has the same thump noise. Just comes with the territory I guess.

Let us know how you like the Motul
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Motul is fine. Thump is nil after gear oil change, but it usually comes back after 1-2k km. Best oil is fresh oil. I find my driveline gets really sloppy with old diff oil. Flushing brings back the tightness. Will report back in a few thousand km.

Bonus: Pic of transmission mag plug. About 30k km since I installed it during second transmission flush. Diff mag plug had next to nothing on it, just a little fuzz.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123