Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think he has nominated himself to be official forum RENNtech spokesperson. More power to him. Click here to enlarge

But we've had customers run 11s @ 115mph+ on pump gas and stock tires 3-4 years ago. Not really a big deal. The way we do the tuning, the features, etc, have changed a lot though. A static flash like the RENNtech is simply obsolete these days. You are better off using a Cobb tune or JB4 to achieve the same or better results with more features and convenience.
    Pump gas and stock tires huh, I wonder how much PSI was demanding of those snails ?

Let me know when you start providing warranty with what you offer

No offense to the Renntech guys and OP, I'm sure they are great, and do nice things on other platforms, but this N54 tune is just obsolete flash technology. There is nothing better about it except that OP seems to be getting special attention on getting his car dialed in. Good support is always nice.

But I'm just calling it as I see it here. http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/sm...icon/smile.gif To put it another way if he were to run a JB4 piggy tuned by myself, or Cobb AP flash tuned by Dzenno, or even a PROcede from Voldemort, I'm sure he would have better results, more features, better drivability, in a package he could install and remove from the convenience of his driveway, for less money.
    A piggyback tune will never touch any car that I own. You were better off mentioning Cobb

Its funny you just stated that flash tuning is obsolete but yet you mention Cobb and company.

I also have no need to uninstall reinstall any tune for convienience

Again let me know when you start matching warranty with your Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Pump gas and stock tires huh, I wonder how much PSI was demanding of those snails ?

For example I ran 12.0@117mph (5 times in a row) in our stock weight tune and intake only 335i in 2008 or 2009. OEM downpipes, IC, etc. I had non-OEM tires but similar 1.8 - 1.9 60' times. Back then around 17psi peak boost 12psi at redline and 12 degrees of advance. Probably similar to what you are running now. I say probably because it does not appear you have the ability to do logs to see what you are actually running.

In terms of warranty we have a specific business model which is to sell good tunes for a good price. We warranty our parts but can't warranty damage from running higher power levels, racing, etc. Providing an open ended warranty like that is not consistent with our business model. We've tuned maybe 15,000 cars over the years. And to be honest you're the first person I've come across that is running a Renntech N54 tune. They are probably using the Dimsport package that all the Euro tuners use to create and distribute custom flash tunes. Which is a very obsolete setup. My advice to Renntech going forward as a business model for the N54 would be to use the Cobb platform and then just package "Renntech" maps w/ it.

Anyway I'm glad your tune is running well for you and that you are happy with it. From the tone of your posts it seemed you were implying this was some new great tune or flash technology. Or that your results were impressive. Which was why a few of us chimed in to let you know this is all circa 2008-2009 stuff. I guess it's new to you, though, and I'm sure you're having a good time racing the car. Click here to enlarge

PS. Just to educate myself a bit on what Renntech offers I surfed over to their site. They list the N54 tuning as $1,495, and my first read of their warranty appears not to provide any more coverage then our BMS warranty provides. In other words it covers Renntech parts only. Not OEM parts damaged from the higher power levels tuning produces and stresses of racing.... Perhaps the warranty you have was in addition to the $1,495?

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/...s_warranty.pdf
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-26-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For example I ran 12.0@117mph (5 times in a row) in our stock weight tune and intake only 335i in 2008 or 2009. OEM downpipes, IC, etc. I had non-OEM tires but similar 1.8 - 1.9 60' times. Back then around 17psi peak boost 12psi at redline and 12 degrees of advance......

.....From the tone of your posts it seemed you were implying this was some new great tune or flash technology. Or that your results were impressive. Which was why a few of us chimed in to let you know this is all circa 2008-2009 stuff. I guess it's new to you, though, and I'm sure you're having a good time racing the car. Click here to enlarge
    Its not new to me at all. You perhaps forgot our discusion on this same topic months ago. You were the one that directly told me this, and I asked what were the temps you came back with low 70s. Its definitely not something the average JB customer is acheiving based on your specs

So yourself and those backing you have grossly misunderstood the meret of the post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    He used to be a diehard Dinan fan that wouldn't change. lol

Just allow him to do his thang.
    Yeah, pretty much everyone remembers him as the "Dinan guy" LOL, it's hard to take him serious anymore after all that, he just seems like too much of a groupie.

Frist of all, your not acquainted with the PBIR track. Just because someone can do average 117 1/4 speed trap on one track doesnt mean that can achieve the same speed trap on another track.

Secondly, for my mods being that I am not running cattless speaks for itself and expecially with stock midpipes.

It has already been laid down for the reason of my low speed traps that night. There was dew on the other have off the track in whcih I went through two patches of and had to slow down
    If you would just post up your results for sharing, it would be awesome, because it's always great to have that, but you like to stomp around like you achieved the unachievable and then GLORIFY yourself and the specific parts on your vehicle and try to suggest that they are the be all end all of the performance world.

A guy who swore by Dinan and wanted to live and die by Dinan, now running around glorifying the hell out of other tunes is just very hard to take seriously, it makes it seem as if you have some affiliation or are some serious groupie. I know a group of people you would fit right in with.

Someone made a comment about trying another tune based on your trap speeds, you could have been cool about it, but you had to try and cement your mark in n54 history as the first ever 114mph non-meth/e85 car. Too bad you're a couple years late or you could have had the attention that you crave.

I have been known not to jump on the same band wagon with everyone else. After Dinan I just got more hungry power and desired to go another direction.

I am not a DIY person when it comes to a problem with any of my cars. When there is a problem I dont want have to call up Cobb or any other tuner to find out wtf is going with my car and then be told send us logs. I like it when I have a problem to just drop it right off and be done with it and not have to wory abotu the mathematical game.

I have always considered Cobb, but I just found a tuner that provides warranty, and support that NO OTHER TUNER can match.
    Band Wagon is a cute way of putting it, you eat, you sleep and you work - stop jumping on the human band wagon and go be different. The word band wagon is nothing more than a cop-out these days.

Your explanation makes sense and I respect that opinion, but at the end you go off saying NO OTHER TUNER CAN MATCH, hugging the nuts once again. Why not just be neutral man? Post up your $#@!, state why you chose renntech if anyone asks and everyone can be happy. When you make comments that draw comparison to others it's only going to attract drama.

A piggyback tune will never touch any car that I own. You were better off mentioning Cobb
    Its funny you just stated that flash tuning is obsolete but yet you mention Cobb and company.
    I also have no need to uninstall reinstall any tune for convienience

Again let me know when you start matching warranty with your Tune
    The results aren't that hard to achieve, if you got a problem with piggybacks, I'm 100% confident the guys at PTF could re-produce the results very easily. I think most people know the deal with "warranty" when it comes to pushing the limits of their cars. I wouldn't expect too much from my tuner unless there was an issue that was a direct result of negligence on their behalf. Either way though, Terry does provide pretty stellar support and I'm sure the guys over at PTF and a lot of other companies do as well.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge

If you would just post up your results for sharing, it would be awesome, because it's always great to have that.......
    and thats what I have been doing and would have done the same for Cobb / PTF

.....but you like to stomp around like you achieved the unachievable and then GLORIFY yourself and the specific parts on your vehicle and try to suggest that they are the be all end all of the performance world

A guy who swore by Dinan and wanted to live and die by Dinan, now running around glorifying the hell out of other tunes is just very hard to take seriously, it makes it seem as if you have some affiliation or are some serious groupie. I know a group of people you would fit right in with.
    Interesting, I was the one who hailed Cobb and PTF - Pro Tuning of being the first to break 11s with a 335iS

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...obb-PRO-Tuning

You like many misundstood the meret of my post. I am focused on the N54 DCT and trying to help other to be able to harnest and understand the DCT. I guess you just havent been following my posts.

.....Someone made a comment about trying another tune based on your trap speeds, you could have been cool about it, but you had to try and cement your mark in n54 history as the first ever 114mph non-meth/e85 car. Too bad you're a couple years late or you could have had the attention that you crave.
    It is because the statement was made with lack of knowledge. Because someone else was able to achieve a high speed trap on a track doesnt mean it can be done on another track in a different geograph even if it is the same car and driver.

I am pretty damn sure if I taught someone local from our community how to launch a DCT N54 that was a 50-100 lbs ligther than me you would see higher speed traps.

.....Why not just be neutral man? ....... When you make comments that draw comparison to others it's only going to attract drama.....
    Been neutral, and I never drawed a comparison to any other tune. When the question came to ssurface of trying another tune it was made in lack of not knowing the facts, and then the whole parade came along of how Terry was able to do it but on the other hand it is not comon with other JB users without having to go FBO, meth and DRs.

....Either way though, Terry does provide pretty stellar support and I'm sure the guys over at PTF and a lot of other companies do as well.
    Yes I have acclaimed this many times, he is an email junky, I said it many times, best CS you can ever experience.. He would be really suprised to know who I really am, I do buy stuff from him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well someone said it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and thats what I have been doing and would have done the same for Cobb / PTF
    Interesting, I was the one who hailed Cobb and PTF - Pro Tuning of being the first to break 11s with a 335iS
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...obb-PRO-Tuning
    You like many misundstood the meret of my post. I am focused on the N54 DCT and trying to help other to be able to harnest and understand the DCT. I guess you just havent been following my posts.
    It is because the statement was made with lack of knowledge. Because someone else was able to achieve a high speed trap on a track doesnt mean it can be done on another track in a different geograph even if it is the same car and driver.
    I am pretty damn sure if I taught someone local from our community how to launch a DCT N54 that was a 50-100 lbs ligther than me you would see higher speed traps.
    Been neutral, and I never drawed a comparison to any other tune. When the question came to ssurface of trying another tune it was made in lack of not knowing the facts, and then the whole parade came along of how Terry was able to do it but on the other hand it is not comon with other JB users without having to go FBO, meth and DRs.
    Yes I have acclaimed this many times, he is an email junky, I said it many times, best CS you can ever experience.. He would be really suprised to know who I really am, I do buy stuff from him.
    Ok well, you handled that in a manner that isn't the norm on car forums, so I will give you your deserved respect based on that. I hope you take what I said into consideration and don't see it as some dude just bashing on the internet and on my end I will take your mature explanation into account before making biased judgements on your posts.

At least you goto the track and bring some data in for everyone, can't hate on that.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12