Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RENNtech N54 Tune Update

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

RENNtech N54 Tune Update

Compared to the previous RENNtech tune or Alpha, the current update is just another animal. How do I though explain this in words ? Well it can be explained in words because when you love something you tend to over exaggerate its contents. Numbers is the only conceivable and understood communication that plainly tells the reality of the store.

I havent been focusing on launch control much from since after I got my drive train and diff replaced. So I decided to focus more on "shift points" in the RPM band.

My second time out on the PBIR track with the new RENNtech N54 update I was starting to discover the "sweet spot" in shifting with the updated tune.

Unfortunately last night was crowded with all the muscle bound guerilla oil pissing cars, that continously dropped oil causing delay after delay.

I was only able to run three times, within 4 hours, experimenting with a combo of shift points.

With less effort on a 60' I was able to establish a 12.0 ET with a 2.0 60' @ 114 mph with a significant increase in the 1/8 @ 93 mph

Does this signify a high 11 second car ? I will leave that for you to decide.

Will need more time on the track to experiment more. Good thing there is a PBIR private event hosted by Street Car Drags coming Sunday Dec 9th 2012 to put in as many runs as I can

http://www.streetcardrags.com/

Much thaks to the RENNtech team

Click here to enlarge
    > AP-V3 & Cobb Protuned by PTF: (New Times Coming Soon)
    > RENNtech Tuning: 11.78 ET @ 116 Mph in 1/4 mile
    > Dinan Stage 3: 12.5 ET (Best) 111 Mph (Best) in 1/4 mile
    > 400+ launches, 3 Driveshafts, No DCT Slippage, Flash Only

2. #ADS

rader1 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Damn good 1/8th mile ET and trap.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think it's more your transmission than the tune. 114mph is nothing to brag about from a tune. But the results are very good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

What was the delta between the two?
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Let me know when you want to play again. Click here to enlarge

Congrats again BuraQ.

klipseracer is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I think you could do a lot more with a cob ptf or a good e85 map from a procede/jb
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 550+ Members Strong!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/112468002137607/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you could do a lot more with a cob ptf or a good e85 map from a procede/jb
    These are my mods:

HighFlow "Catted" Downpipes
    Stock Middpipes
    FMIC
    Axle Back Exhaust
    CAI
    No Meth
    No E85
    No DRs

You might want to re-think your statement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I think it's more your transmission than the tune. 114mph is nothing to brag about from a tune. But the results are very good.
    Very Possible, I am nearing 200 launches from since I bought the car new. The December 9th event will surely put me over 200 launches...

Holding on as much as I can to see how far clutches will go. Need to do a 4th pull on a dyno to see if I am loosing power somewhere or if I just need to shift differently.

Ak335i is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

very well played BuraQ youre car has high 11s written on it. Just need to cut a low 1.9 for that hero slip. I have an appt Tuesday at the dyno. Lookin forward to seein you weds or fri as I'll miss the track rental :/

for everyone else, trust me when I say his cars a beast, weve done many a roll. Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

No drag radials? Why not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

My Name is ET 12.0

Seriously, these were my runs yesterday back to back. There was dew on the other half of the track. I passed through two patches of it that almost caused me to lose control. If I didnt have my DSC on I would have been kissing the walls. Thats why my ET MPH look so awkward. The first run, 1 hour before the other time slips, there was no dew on the track at all.

Click here to enlarge

I guess I got to try try again Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No drag radials? Why not?
    As I am on the track I am off the track. Thats the reality of a tune that everyone can relate to Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I agree with not running DR's but you should dyno the two and see the difference.
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Surprised you are able to run that with traction control on. I always have to fully disable it.

Ak335i is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

it was bad. I ended up in the middle of the track twice lol. I didn't finish a single run without coasting thru. you will run 11s easy BuraQ. the track was scary last night.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    These are my mods:

HighFlow "Catted" Downpipes
    Stock Middpipes
    FMIC
    Axle Back Exhaust
    CAI
    No Meth
    No E85
    No DRs

You might want to re-think your statement

What is there to rethink?
    114mph isn't the best trap for the mods. I would be gunning for 117mph and considering you had a 50/50 mix of 100/93 octane you should definitely be targeting more than the 111-115mph range.

There's no harm in trying out a different tune.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    114mph isn't the best trap for the mods. I would be gunning for 117mph and considering you had a 50/50 mix of 100/93 octane you should definitely be targeting more than the 111-115mph range.

He used to be a diehard Dinan fan that wouldn't change. lol

Just allow him to do his thang.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

I think he has nominated himself to be official forum RENNtech spokesperson. More power to him. Click here to enlarge

But we've had customers run 11s @ 115mph+ on pump gas and stock tires 3-4 years ago. Not really a big deal. The way we do the tuning, the features, etc, have changed a lot though. A static flash like the RENNtech is simply obsolete these days. You are better off using a Cobb tune or JB4 to achieve the same or better results with more features and convenience.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think he has nominated himself to be official forum RENNtech spokesperson. More power to him. Click here to enlarge

But we've had customers run 11s @ 115mph+ on pump gas and stock tires 3-4 years ago. Not really a big deal. The way we do the tuning, the features, etc, have changed a lot though. A static flash like the RENNtech is simply obsolete these days. You are better off using a Cobb tune or JB4 to achieve the same or better results with more features and convenience.
    Obviously you offer more features but I just want to comment that that the power delivery of the Renntech flash likely offers a consistency and smoothness it is difficult for the piggybacks to match.

I'm an all out performance kind of guy but there is something to be said for flashes as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Obviously you offer more features but I just want to comment that that the power delivery of the Renntech flash likely offers a consistency and smoothness it is difficult for the piggybacks to match.

I'm an all out performance kind of guy but there is something to be said for flashes as well.
    No offense to the Renntech guys and OP, I'm sure they are great, and do nice things on other platforms, but this N54 tune is just obsolete flash technology. There is nothing better about it except that OP seems to be getting special attention on getting his car dialed in. Good support is always nice.

But I'm just calling it as I see it here. Click here to enlarge To put it another way if he were to run a JB4 piggy tuned by myself, or Cobb AP flash tuned by Dzenno, or even a PROcede from Voldemort, I'm sure he would have better results, more features, better drivability, in a package he could install and remove from the convenience of his driveway, for less money.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-25-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No offense to the Renntech guys and OP, I'm sure they are great, and do nice things on other platforms, but this N54 tune is just obsolete flash technology. There is nothing better about it except that OP seems to be getting special attention on getting his car dialed in. Good support is always nice.

But I'm just calling it as I see it here. http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/sm...icon/smile.gif To put it another way if he were to run a JB4 piggy tuned by myself, or Cobb AP flash tuned by Dzenno, or even a PROcede from Voldemort, I'm sure he would have better results, more features, better drivability, in a package he could install and remove from the convenience of his driveway, for less money.
    I have ridden in his car and I will say without a doubt that the drivability of the car is very very smooth and consistent (as shown by his timeslips as well). Kudos to Renntech for the job well done on his car that makes a vast improvement in power compared to his previous tune.

Its always nice to have more options in the tuning world and I am sure with his relationship with Renntech, he will be taken cared of whenever an issue should arise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

im pretty sure i did 12.0 @115 on street tires, jb3, no meth and blown turbos 3 years ago Click here to enlarge

but keep at it OP, its fun to extract the best with what you have already

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge

Frist of all, your not acquainted with the PBIR track. Just because someone can do average 117 1/4 speed trap on one track doesnt mean that can achieve the same speed trap on another track.

Secondly, for my mods being that I am not running cattless speaks for itself and expecially with stock midpipes.

It has already been laid down for the reason of my low speed traps that night. There was dew on the other have off the track in whcih I went through two patches of and had to slow down

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    He used to be a diehard Dinan fan that wouldn't change. lol

Just allow him to do his thang.
    I have been known not to jump on the same band wagon with everyone else. After Dinan I just got more hungry power and desired to go another direction.

I am not a DIY person when it comes to a problem with any of my cars. When there is a problem I dont want have to call up Cobb or any other tuner to find out wtf is going with my car and then be told send us logs. I like it when I have a problem to just drop it right off and be done with it and not have to wory abotu the mathematical game.

I have always considered Cobb, but I just found a tuner that provides warranty, and support that NO OTHER TUNER can match.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

But I'm just calling it as I see it here. http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/sm...icon/smile.gif To put it another way if he were to run a JB4 piggy tuned by myself, or Cobb AP flash tuned by Dzenno, or even a PROcede from Voldemort, I'm sure he would have better results, more features, better drivability, in a package he could install and remove from the convenience of his driveway, for less money.
    Different strokes for different folks. I like what Renntech is doing with the BMW platforms personally and their Mercedes turbo tuning is pretty much the best out there right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast