Close

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112
    Rep Points
    281.1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    ..::PSI::.. G-Power SKII CS

    Hey guys,


    Just finished our G-Power SKII CS build and had it shot before sending it on its way.


    The G-Power kit is truly a work of art. The attention to detail is incredible. The carbon fibre weave is perfect.


    Enough talking, onto the photos!


    Mod List:
    G-Power SKII CS
    Eibach Race Springs
    G-Power 20" Wheels
    Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust System
    VEI Gauges (AFR, Boost, Water Temp)
    Custom Painted end tanks(Match G-Power manifold)


    Click here to enlarge


    Before and After. We dyno'd it with the 20" G-Power wheels on it.


    Photos below by: Garrett Wade Photography Facebook | Garrett Wade Photography Website | Garrett Wade Photography Flickr


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    More info can be found here: G-Power SKII CS

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    THIS Is what I'm talking about guys!

    Well done, great post, front page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Promoted to front page with small intro:

    Here are results for the G-Power SKII CS supercharger kit results on an E92 M3 6-speed manual car from Bimmerboost vendor Precision Sport. The car dyno'd 502.6 wheel horsepower with the supercharger in SAE correction which is a substantial increase from the 339.3 wheel baseline. Keep in mind, the car has heavy 20 inch G-Power wheels which definitely affect the numbers. Regardless, the curve is very nice with a large increase in torque through the whole rev range.

    Well does PSI and great to see dynojet results for the G-Power kit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That looks amazing!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    The car or the supercharger?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Such a beautiful, high quality s/c kit -- It's just so damn $#@!ing expensive
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Such a beautiful, high quality s/c kit -- It's just so damn $#@!ing expensive
    This M3 kits aren't too bad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Those gauges are sick! Do you make those or is that part on the kit?

    And the supercharger kit is sick too. Very nice
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This M3 kits aren't too bad.

    • G-Power SKII CS - $19k
    • AA Stage 2 $16k
    • ESS 625 $12k / 650 $14k
    • Evolve $16.5k
    • Gintani Stage 2 $15k / Stg2+ $16k
    • VF620 $13.5k / VF650 $16.5k


    It's not outrageously priced (unlike their S85 stuff), but it's still ~15% more then the next most expensive option
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Where did you get that pricing?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Off each manufacturers website (prices obviously can be negotiated, but it's their starting point). Here are the links to each s/c kits manufacturer page:

    G-Power
    Active Autowerke
    ESS Tuning
    Evolve *Taken from their thread on this site
    Gintani
    VF Engineering

    Like I said originally the G-Power stuff is second to none in terms of quality & finish, but there are several other options that are less expensive & outperform it IMO. And if you're that bent on an air/air setup, Evolve & AA are alternatives.

    Doesn't matter here in the US, but is the G-Power kit the only one with TuV approval (for the Euro crowd)?

    @bobS, the gauge pod looks a lot like the Macht Schnell pod with different gauges. They def look a lot more clean without any manufacturer labels or anything.
    Last edited by benzy89; 11-20-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112
    Rep Points
    281.1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Those gauges are sick! Do you make those or is that part on the kit?

    And the supercharger kit is sick too. Very nice

    Gauges are made by VEI, and the gauge pod is 3D Design. Back in 2009 we worked with Neil at VEI to develop the orange read out to match the BMW OEM look.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112
    Rep Points
    281.1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Off each manufacturers website (prices obviously can be negotiated, but it's their starting point). Here are the links to each s/c kits manufacturer page:

    G-Power
    Active Autowerke
    ESS Tuning
    Evolve *Taken from their thread on this site
    Gintani
    VF Engineering

    Like I said originally the G-Power stuff is second to none in terms of quality & finish, but there are several other options that are less expensive & outperform it IMO. And if you're that bent on an air/air setup, Evolve & AA are alternatives.

    Doesn't matter here in the US, but is the G-Power kit the only one with TuV approval (for the Euro crowd)?

    @bobS , the gauge pod looks a lot like the Macht Schnell pod with different gauges. They def look a lot more clean without any manufacturer labels or anything.
    The G-Power is an air/air setup. The kit makes comparable HP numbers as any other kit available, however our dyno runs are inclusive of the 20 inch G-Power wheels, which definitely lowers the HP numbers.

    Since ASA and G-Power are owned under the same umbrella (Infinitas) they are able to develop the blower units from scratch to maximize the efficiency for each engine. For this reason, and the overall quality of the components, the kits are a little more costly than others.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
    The G-Power is an air/air setup. The kit makes comparable HP numbers as any other kit available, however our dyno runs are inclusive of the 20 inch G-Power wheels, which definitely lowers the HP numbers.

    Since ASA and G-Power are owned under the same umbrella (Infinitas) they are able to develop the blower units from scratch to maximize the efficiency for each engine. For this reason, and the overall quality of the components, the kits are a little more costly than others.
    Thanks for this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Like I said originally the G-Power stuff is second to none in terms of quality & finish, but there are several other options that are less expensive & outperform it IMO. And if you're that bent on an air/air setup, Evolve & AA are alternatives.
    I've seen dynos comparable to the other options BTW.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •