Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Log Sharing Thread

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We keep meth flowing when NLS is active. If you shift normally, letting off the gas, meth flow stops during the shift.
    You're cutting ignition out during NLS and then bring it back on. At that time you are possibly creating a lean condition when ignition comes back on by having meth coming as a fuel without the required additional fuel from the injectors being there. Part of the reason why NLS I think needs a lot more work to be done right than what's available today on the N54.
    Click here to enlarge
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

2. #ADS

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

in other news...
    whats the world coming to

Christin Decker

Got me a fat ticket on 95 this mornin watch out if you ride hov solo make sure you tinted up cuz they are pulling ppl over more than usual for that today.

Like 7 hours ago near Pompano Beach
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You're cutting ignition out during NLS and then bring it back on. At that time you are possibly creating a lean condition when ignition comes back on by having meth coming as a fuel without the required additional fuel from the injectors being there. Part of the reason why NLS I think needs a lot more work to be done right than what's available today on the N54.
    From what I can tell fuel isn't really being cut when you cut power to the coils. It eventually gets cut, but it takes a second or two. But I'm not sure OP is using our NLS anyway. I think he still has a WOTBOX which could not cut meth flow anyway.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

bigdnno98 is offline Building a 10sec DSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Well just finished some testing. Map 2 has perfect timing. Map 3 is still inconsistent. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Don't think it has anything to do with meth spraying through the shift. The logs I posted earlier have great timing post shift with meth spraying through the shift. Also, on one of the above I shifted normally and timing dropped more that I thought it would without a NLS.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

When trims flatline around 8 like that you've in an open loop mode. So raise open loop fueling to prevent that from happening.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I didn't think about it. Normally I'm running meth so OL 40 is good. When I switched from map 3 to map 2 i should have raised it to 50 prob.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

@lulz_m3 and @dzenno can you guys post up some NLS logs?

Click here to enlarge

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    From what I can tell fuel isn't really being cut when you cut power to the coils. It eventually gets cut, but it takes a second or two. But I'm not sure OP is using our NLS anyway. I think he still has a WOTBOX which could not cut meth flow anyway.
    Fuel gets cut almost instantly as soon as you cut ignition. DME does that for you. I've actually logged this behaviour when I was bringing the WOTBox over to the N54 to make sure that happened. I used the BT tool back then to trace it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Fuel gets cut almost instantly as soon as you cut ignition. DME does that for you. I've actually logged this behaviour when I was bringing the WOTBox over to the N54 to make sure that happened. I used the BT tool back then to trace it.
    Have you had any issues w/ meth not cutting off during your NLS?
    Burger Motorsports

lulz_m3 is offline Full Throttle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I'll post some logs up soon.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

So now that we see that map 2 log with no post shift timing dropouts, what do you guys think about meth volume? Do you think meth volume could cause timing dropouts post shift especially during NLS? Maybe too much meth is being sprayed especially for a NLS? I was going to test this theory but couldn't find my CM10. Most of these logs are with a single CM14. Some on the first page are with a CM10 and CM5. I only ran a single CM10 for a little while and I don't think I have any logs of that.

Click here to enlarge

Ak335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    So now that we see that map 2 log with no post shift timing dropouts, what do you guys think about meth volume? Do you think meth volume could cause timing dropouts post shift especially during NLS? Maybe too much meth is being sprayed especially for a NLS? I was going to test this theory but couldn't find my CM10. Most of these logs are with a single CM14. Some on the first page are with a CM10 and CM5. I only ran a single CM10 for a little while and I don't think I have any logs of that.
    I think its showing that meth is definately a big piece of the puzzle. Especially since you and I run around the same boost and i have no timing drops. Other factors though of course are i do not run meth and im AT.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Ok so sprayed meth on map 2 and had 1 major timing pull after a NLS. Still don't have anything conclusive. I'll need to get a firmware that cuts meth flow during NLS to really get some kind of hard proof if it's the meth causing this. You cobb @themyst @enrita that experience post shift timing dropouts, do you spray meth through the shift? Have you ever fixed this situation?

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Heres two i took on my way into work this morning, timing looks like $#@!
    on the first log but looks much better on the log afterwords. It pulls hard between shifts, and this is with meth still flowing. These are 3rd -> 4th Pulls.

NLS_1.pdf
    NLS_2.pdf
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Man, those Cobb graphs are hard to read LOL! I think I understand everything except timing cyl 1. looks like you had 4* correction post shift on most cylinders. that is relative though. what did it correct from ? i can't tell from the graph. Looks like it's 16* at the start of the shift and drops to 13* post shift which looks good to me. Mine are around 10* at shift and drop to 0* post shift when it takes a dump. when it looks good it's 10* and drops to 7* post shift which is good to me.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Cylinders 2,5,6 corrected post shift, around 3.38 degrees and restored to target. You got the cyl #1 timing on point, right at 16* prior to the shift and around 13 post shift.

What do you have you ignition cut time set to in the WOTbox? Im at 150ms right now, curious if shifting faster or slower would make any difference? Before i had the Wotbox installed, shifting quickly was hard to pull off without flatlining timing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

HMM. IDK, but i'll take a look at the WOTBox software right now and see what I can adjust.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I'll try to get some better datalogs this evening and see how consistent my timing is post shift. 2-3 cyl's correcting 3.38*'s seems to be the norm based on what i have seen in the past.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I doubt it would be meth if spraying through the shift... no ignition, meth/no meth will be the same AFR. If meth stops during a shift, I can see ignition immediately post shift being too aggressive.

Do these flatlines always correlate to timing corrections? The DME will regulate torque with ignition also and these would be lower setpoints (no correction) across all cylinders.

Terry, how do you model DME actual... does it mirror the same channel as Cobb's req boost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

There is DME BT which is the DME boost target or set point. ECU PSI (what would normally be actual boost on a strictly flash tune) is a bit more complicated. But viewable in logs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Well here are some more logs. Thanks to @lulz_m3 for reminding me about the WOTBox interface. I reduced the timing cut time from 300ms to 150ms to start. That was a little too short but it did show that meth flow was cut during shift and there was no timing drop out. I started to raise the cut time a little so I wouldn't overrev during NLS. I got up to 250ms before I could NLS without the timing coming back on but this led to meth not being cut during the shift. I had no post shift timing drop outs in the 4 logs i took though so I'll have to see if I can replicate it. If not then it was the duration of the timing cut during the NLS I guess which would be totally unrelated to the AT guys problems.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Some friends and I were out cruising this weekend. I've attached some logs. Did a couple pulls against a C63 and got smoked by my buddy's GTR. I got a half engine light twice. Only codes were from the NLS and I got a 2AAF once. Never reduced power though. The second half engine light I had no codes. Not sure what's going on. I'll try to replicate it today. Terry said LFPF won't throw a half engine light so that's prob not it even though it's def on it's last leg. Logs are G5 ISO, BMS IGN Flash, e40 FBO+100% meth 60 add.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I definately think there is a correlation between spraying meth between shifts and post shift timing dropouts for NLS. I have a firmware that cuts meth between shifts so I'll try to try that out soon and report back.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12