Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log Sharing Thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Log Sharing Thread

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge121115_1206.pdfOk, so after searching the forum for 30 minutes I've decided it's time we create a log sharing thread. Maybe if it becomes popular enough it can become a sticky. I was looking for logs posted by people that are having post shift timing drops. This is real common and has happened on most tunes, both AT and MT and both NLS and regular shifting.

I am FBO + 100% meth, e40 60 add and using WOTBox to NLS.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Almost done

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge121115_1206.pdfOk, so after searching the forum for 30 minutes I've decided it's time we create a log sharing thread. Maybe if it becomes popular enough it can become a sticky. I was looking for logs posted by people that are having post shift timing drops. This is real common and has happened on most tunes, both AT and MT and both NLS and regular shifting.

I am FBO + 100% meth, e40 60 add and using WOTBox to NLS.

I had this along with the lean spikes on E85. i zeroed all map AFRs and ive been clean logging it for quite a while now on 45% ethanol FBO AT youve probably tried this, but just throwin it out there
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

I hope sticky didnt see that I posted inside of the post quotes again lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm running the BMS flash so all of my AFR vlaues are 0. My timing was perfect until recently even using the NLS. I'm not sure what's going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

To be honest those post shift timing drops are still a bit of a mystery. Every time I think I have it nailed down it randomly crops back up. And I do mean randomly. I'd like to believe it's some hidden DME shenanigans like EGT cat protection, etc, I can clean out on the flash side but so far have not found a consistent solution. I will say that in at least some cases it is actual knock so if you are doing tuning I would assume it is real knock until you can prove otherwise for your particular setup.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm running the BMS flash so all of my AFR vlaues are 0. My timing was perfect until recently even using the NLS. I'm not sure what's going on.

hmmm i cant open the other attachments but this looks like 3rd into 4th gear pulls based off boost..

When your timing was perfect, did you still have those lean spikes at shift.. maybe those are normal with MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Those AFR spikes during the shift are normal during NLS.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    hmmm i cant open the other attachments but this looks like 3rd into 4th gear pulls based off boost..

When your timing was perfect, did you still have those lean spikes at shift.. maybe those are normal with MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

you have to change the pdf to .csv to open it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    To be honest those post shift timing drops are still a bit of a mystery. Every time I think I have it nailed down it randomly crops back up. And I do mean randomly. I'd like to believe it's some hidden DME shenanigans like EGT cat protection, etc, I can clean out on the flash side but so far have not found a consistent solution. I will say that in at least some cases it is actual knock so if you are doing tuning I would assume it is real knock until you can prove otherwise for your particular setup.
    I just can't figure out why an engine would knock only post shift. The logs look very good other than right after the shift. I'll pull some without the NLS and see if it continues. My timing was perfect a couple of months ago even during NLS though. IDK. this car is pissing me off!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

I just can't figure out why an engine would knock only post shift. The logs look very good other than right after the shift. I'll pull some without the NLS and see if it continues. My timing was perfect a couple of months ago even during NLS though. IDK. this car is pissing me off!

once again im just throwing $#@! out there.. plugs are cheap, if you have more than 5K miles on them maybe say screw it and swap em. Fresh oil is also cheap and easy but wont fix that.. clean/change intake filter..

Im in no way implying you havent already done all this, just little things ive done that cleaned my logs up tremendously for cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

once again im just throwing $#@! out there.. plugs are cheap, if you have more than 5K miles on them maybe say screw it and swap em. Fresh oil is also cheap and easy but wont fix that.. clean/change intake filter..

Im in no way implying you havent already done all this, just little things ive done that cleaned my logs up tremendously for cheap.
    Thanks this car is in the shop so much everything on it is practically new:

Plugs less than 1K miles
    coils less than 5k miles
    3 injectors replaced 1 year ago, 2 injectors replaced last week
    Fuel Pressure sensor
    HPFP
    oil change

I do plan on replacing the rest of the injectors soon. just wasn't mentally prepared to replace all 6 $$$.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

what does timing look like on map 5 or 6 targeting say 17/18psi with no meth?

is it possible your meth quality/premix/vendor recently changed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

not sure, I never use any map other than map 3. My meth is 100% so no mixing issues there Click here to enlarge vendor is always the same and he gets it from the same place. It has been sitting in my garage for a month or so, who knows. I'll pull some map 2 and 5 logs too while I'm at it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

not sure, I never use any map other than map 3. My meth is 100% so no mixing issues there Click here to enlarge vendor is always the same and he gets it from the same place. It has been sitting in my garage for a month or so, who knows. I'll pull some map 2 and 5 logs too while I'm at it.
    Yeah, if timing is solid on 5 or 2 no meth, then we have a lead i suppose lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

crappy e85 is the first thing that comes to mind but i don't know why my timing is fine during the run and only bottoms out post shift? Especially since it looks like meth sprayed through the shift Click here to enlarge i love flames LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

some previous logs. They look like pump gas + meth, no e85. still intermittent timing drops post shift.....Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

crappy e85 is the first thing that comes to mind but i don't know why my timing is fine during the run and only bottoms out post shift? Especially since it looks like meth sprayed through the shift Click here to enlarge i love flames LOL

its possible.. but at E40 plus meth, i wouldnt imagine youd be "octane limited" at those boost levels even with an off blend or worse batch.. Entirely possible though.

Im FBO and run similar boost levels (around 18.5 peak) om E85 w/o meth with clean timing

SO im itching to see some no meth logs in map 5 after adaptation or even map 2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

It's not likely you will find a solution. I've yet to find a solid (repeating across many cars) correlation but it does seem to be impacted by DME observed load. Which supports the theory that it is a mapping issue in some unknown table.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Especially since it looks like meth sprayed through the shift i love flames LOL
    maybe that's exactly your problem...Terry, why not stop meth flow through the shift?
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

It's not likely you will find a solution. I've yet to find a solid (repeating across many cars) correlation but it does seem to be impacted by DME observed load. Which supports the theory that it is a mapping issue in some unknown table.
    I agree, im just curious to see what the logs look like without meth. I seriously doubt it will lead to an answer, i just love questions and trouble shooting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Yes more data can only help. I've looked at it 12 ways till Sunday on a few cars including our 135i and I still don't have a solid correlation yet. For example on our 135i I can see a post shift drop at 13psi 2->3rd gear using MS109 or E60 with and without meth flowing. In say 4th gear steady the same setup will hold 20psi and 13 degrees of advance with and without meth flowing. Some days the problem is present, other days it's not, with no other changes to fuel or ambient conditions. Something is causing it. We probably need to expand our dataset to find it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    maybe that's exactly your problem...Terry, why not stop meth flow through the shift?
    exactly why im so interested in the no meth logs.. a common hypothesis

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Found better VBOX results keeping it going on NLSs with manuals. But it's easy to not NLS. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Found better VBOX results keeping it going on NLSs with manuals. But it's easy to not NLS. Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you mean
    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuningfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)

We keep meth flowing when NLS is active. If you shift normally, letting off the gas, meth flow stops during the shift.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast