Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Roll call...

Actually, I'm curious as to how many to run off for the first run, plus the hardware is pricey,I don't wanna get caught with too much if I can avoid it...how many of you are 100% on ordering as soon as they're ready? I't would be good to know so that i can be prepared to ship faster and ensure my hardware supplier has the correct amount of pieces in stock. Can i get a roll call?
    Also,I'm already planning on adding a few partial sets for those of you with solid bushings already,so speak up if your interested in the partial kit as well.Confirmations will help me serve you faster! As for the M guys,that will be attended to when the cnc parts come back,it's looking like your brackets will be slightly different due to the finned cover.
    Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm in. My wheel hop is pretty bad, and I might as well get it just right the first time. I assume there is no difference in US and EU spec?
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm in.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    I'm in. My wheel hop is pretty bad, and I might as well get it just right the first time. I assume there is no difference in US and EU spec?
    highly unlikely if they didn't bother to change the subframe assembly for the M's...i assume its global in that department,i searched my parts database for differences,found the same diagram for US and EU in regards to the rear subframe/diff,verified it's accuracy by checking that RHD differences existed in front,so as far as i can tell your good...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    highly unlikely if they didn't bother to change the subframe assembly for the M's...i assume its global in that department,i searched my parts database for differences,found the same diagram for US and EU in regards to the rear subframe/diff,verified it's accuracy by checking that RHD differences existed in front,so as far as i can tell your good...
    That's what I was thinking. Anyway, I'm in. Ready to paypal whenever you're able to ship Click here to enlarge

I need to have a few others things looked at over the winter anyway, and snow will start in a few days and probably last at least 2-3 months. So no logging and WOT action possible anyway....
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm in as soon as you have it for the M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm in as soon as you have it for the M.
    hopefully that'll be attended to next week.btw,it wont take very long considering theres only one part that may need modification,everything else is directly interchangeable with the other E90/92 variants.i didn't forget about your loop eitherClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, I'm curious as to how many to run off for the first run, plus the hardware is pricey,I don't wanna get caught with too much if I can avoid it...how many of you are 100% on ordering as soon as they're ready? I't would be good to know so that i can be prepared to ship faster and ensure my hardware supplier has the correct amount of pieces in stock. Can i get a roll call?
    Also,I'm already planning on adding a few partial sets for those of you with solid bushings already,so speak up if your interested in the partial kit as well.Confirmations will help me serve you faster!...
    Thanks!
    As you knew I'm down Click here to enlarge PM me, or if you'd like, I can PM you.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fear not,your on the top of the list,everything should come together sometime next week,depending on the waterjet guy...that's the only variable atm. he was highly recc to me by the cnc guy,who rocks...so.we'll see.NO ONE wants these in the mail worse than me!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fear not,your on the top of the list,everything should come together sometime next week,depending on the waterjet guy...that's the only variable atm. he was highly recc to me by the cnc guy,who rocks...so.we'll see.NO ONE wants these in the mail worse than me!Click here to enlarge
    Any chance you're going to offer a introductory / group buy rate for the first batch? Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Any chance you're going to offer a introductory / group buy rate for the first batch? Click here to enlarge
    yeah, i've thought about that.i'll do that if i can get another 4 non M confirmations(you M guys will be fig out soon) by next week.retail is looking like its gonna have to be close to $700,i'll knock $50 off the first ten complete kits,maybe...possibly more based upon demand,but if you saw what it cost me in cnc programming,material stock and all the top-tier hardware...you'd understand lol...i've been married to making this work for months and months,it's gonna take more than that to break even....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up

What's up all,

First off @rick@defiv is the manClick here to enlarge

Just picked up my car yesterday. I was excited to get on her with the rear tightened up. I must say I was shocked to see how much cleaner/stiff/secure the rear is with an open diff. I did several hard launches from 2.5 - 3k to induce wheel hop and could not make it happen!

Doing the diff lock down has really exposed how soft the rest of the car is. For those of you who have diffs/aftermarket suspensions will really appreciate locking down the diff. Rick showed me the stock bushing and how it ripped on both sides, these cars from the factory were definitely setup for comfort vs performance.

As for driving impressions, there is no nvh that I can detect. I was really surprised at how much different the rear of the car felt with the movement of the diff remedied. I took the wife for a ride and did several hard launches and her words were "holy $#@!!" Overall I'm very happy with Rick's product. I will be doing this on the E90 as well.

For those of you who are local, let Rick do the install! I had updates every day as to the progress. Rick even found a couple problems with my car and didn't want to give it back to me due to safety reason *worn tires*. What was funny about that was I had my car at bmw 2 weeks prior and they made no mention of the condition of my tires...fail on Park Ave BMW!

So the cliff notes version:
    1. Product is as advertised.
    2. No more wheel hop.
    3. No NVH due to locking down the diff.
    4. Excellent customer service.
    5. OCD level of detail as to the quality of the productj/install.
    6. Very satisfied customer, will buy from again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    What's up all,

First off @rick@defiv is the manClick here to enlarge

Just picked up my car yesterday. I was excited to get on her with the rear tightened up. I must say I was shocked to see how much cleaner/stiff/secure the rear is with an open diff. I did several hard launches from 2.5 - 3k to induce wheel hop and could not make it happen!

Doing the diff lock down has really exposed how soft the rest of the car is. For those of you who have diffs/aftermarket suspensions will really appreciate locking down the diff. Rick showed me the stock bushing and how it ripped on both sides, these cars from the factory were definitely setup for comfort vs performance.

As for driving impressions, there is no nvh that I can detect. I was really surprised at how much different the rear of the car felt with the movement of the diff remedied. I took the wife for a ride and did several hard launches and her words were "holy $#@!!" Overall I'm very happy with Rick's product. I will be doing this on the E90 as well.

For those of you who are local, let Rick do the install! I had updates every day as to the progress. Rick even found a couple problems with my car and didn't want to give it back to me due to safety reason *worn tires*. What was funny about that was I had my car at bmw 2 weeks prior and they made no mention of the condition of my tires...fail on Park Ave BMW!

So the cliff notes version:
    1. Product is as advertised.
    2. No more wheel hop.
    3. No NVH due to locking down the diff.
    4. Excellent customer service.
    5. OCD level of detail as to the quality of the productj/install.
    6. Very satisfied customer, will buy from again.
    Nice review, very nice to see. Does the rear feel tighter to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nice review, very nice to see. Does the rear feel tighter to you?
    Night and day difference. You'll even notice it during regular driving. I've always felt rear end play on these cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    whats the sounds increase like? im sure it has to have some more, there always a trade off

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    whats the sounds increase like? im sure it has to have some more, there always a trade off
    None from the solid bushings that I can detect. Not a single creak, clank or clunk I can hear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Installed pics? I'm a little weary to beleive that there is NO NVH imparted by solid bushings.... Would just the arm have any appreciable difference?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i really expected a huge hike up nvh,in fact my first incarnation of this did present a little nvh(a very small amount...) but, i knew who i was dealing with from the onset of this,and i'm fully aware of what you expect from your cars.so version 1 was scrapped and re-engineered,than redone again. Blaizon's car proved also that suspension doesn't have anything to do with remedying the problem,it just reduces the outer torsional "tramping" effect from a dig by limiting the amount of up/down movement in a hop situation,just a band-aid approach to the real problem. i've been digging through previous posts/theories in regards to this during the process, everything out back is affected by the root of the problem,this fixes the root of it without fail or compromise, and now i can proudly stand behind that.the only possible scenario i could ever imagine the nvh increasing was if one were to swap out the oem subframe to body bushings with something stiffer,and/or your differential had a beat bearing..obviously one could pick up on that faster,i'd assume.in the world of performance mods there are always certain trade offs when one reaches a certain level of performance,i've always been a firm believer of pushing that line in the sand up a few feet whenever possible.i can say with certainty that as long as you have a healthy diff and oem subframe to body bushings,you'll be a happy camper.one thing to consider as far as nvh is the fact that that BMW wen't through GREAT lengths to ensure a quiet cabin as far as sound insulation is concerned,that very well may be the reason i'm getting away with itClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Installed pics? I'm a little weary to beleive that there is NO NVH imparted by solid bushings.... Would just the arm have any appreciable difference?
    If your in the NYC area, you can come by and take my car for a ride and judge for yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    installed pics will be available when i'm taping up boxes to ship,sorry for the secrecy,but when you immerse yourself into something with reckless abandon you tend to get a little "protective"...especially being burnt in that department before(IF someone were to stoop to said level again,i WILL be seeing that personClick here to enlargelol...i am a VERY serious man though)... and yes the arm is the answer to quelling nvh,i had to shift the load point and use rod ends(aurora brand,doesn't get any better)..that was the answer to eliminating nvh,plus...what's worse,decimating expensive rear end parts and fear of launching an otherwise capable car,or running a very slight if not nonexistent threat of nvh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i really expected a huge hike up nvh,in fact my first incarnation of this did present a little nvh(a very small amount...) but, i knew who i was dealing with from the onset of this,and i'm fully aware of what you expect from your cars.so version 1 was scrapped and re-engineered,than redone again. Blaizon's car proved also that suspension doesn't have anything to do with remedying the problem,it just reduces the outer torsional "tramping" effect from a dig by limiting the amount of up/down movement in a hop situation,just a band-aid approach to the real problem. i've been digging through previous posts/theories in regards to this during the process, everything out back is affected by the root of the problem,this fixes the root of it without fail or compromise, and now i can proudly stand behind that.the only possible scenario i could ever imagine the nvh increasing was if one were to swap out the oem subframe to body bushings with something stiffer,and/or your differential had a beat bearing..obviously one could pick up on that faster,i'd assume.in the world of performance mods there are always certain trade offs when one reaches a certain level of performance,i've always been a firm believer of pushing that line in the sand up a few feet whenever possible.i can say with certainty that as long as you have a healthy diff and oem subframe to body bushings,you'll be a happy camper.one thing to consider as far as nvh is the fact that that BMW wen't through GREAT lengths to ensure a quiet cabin as far as sound insulation is concerned,that very well may be the reason i'm getting away with itClick here to enlarge
    thats what i like to hear.. oddly that would be "nothing" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to try this out...in case the car still wheel hops and ends up breaking a driveshaft/pinion what's the plan? just playing devil's advocate as I've tried everything recommended so far in getting RID of it Click here to enlarge i already got the Delrin diff bushings from Turner (not installed yet) so in my case I'd only need the arm itself
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to try this out...in case the car still wheel hops and ends up breaking a driveshaft/pinion what's the plan? just playing devil's advocate as I've tried everything recommended so far in getting RID of it Click here to enlarge i already got the Delrin diff bushings from Turner (not installed yet) so in my case I'd only need the arm itself
    as i've said before, "bring it" in regards to fixing the issue. im no stranger to irs suspension taming,ive got two supra stock diff customers in the 8's.plenty in the 9's and 10's..with irs.and no hop,on full slicks.let's not forget the strength capabilities of the BMW diff in said situations(unknown territory,but i approached it to be able to take whatever you can throw at it),obviously im not responsible for that,but in the totally unlikely situation you still had hop(which you won't),of course i'd give a full refund if we couldn't pinpoint the issue elsewhere.it's not a concern.if anything were to shear,which again,highly improbable,it's warranted.for life.that work for you?...i have only one concern about turner's delrin and thats the fact that the large rear bushing is just a rigid version of the factory bushing? if you look at the pics in the beginning of the post,you'll deduce that i designed my rear bushings in a 2-piece interlocking design that loads the rear upper subframe bar(flimsy) from both sides.in your case,perhaps i'd just work something out so you can run both my rear bushings,although i'd prefer you just ran the whole kit with over 600 ft/lbs.obviously,that's the only way i can promise total performance of the entire product under full abuse.i'm sure you can sympathize with my approach...i'ts not like i nailed it the first attempt....4 months of R&D..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This sounds so great. So when was it available....? Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast