Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    good stuff.basically i'm looking for a clean shot of the upper portion of the diff,or from passenger side axle area looking up and towards the back of the car.you'll need to jack up to do this.i did a web image search,it was all over the place,really didn't see anything concrete.i saw both styles (3 and 4 point mounting) of oem finned M style covers...
    I want to know how much this is going to cost me.

Also what else you can make.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Approximately $600-650ish for the kit + install.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

well,im a fabricator so that answer would be....anything that could be fabbed... provided i have a car for fitment of course.my crystal ball is in the shop lol.no price on M's until i can slide under one.if BMW was foolish enough to overlook that and the subframes are the same, it should be pretty damn close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

well,im a fabricator so that answer would be....anything that could be fabbed... provided i have a car for fitment of course.my crystal ball is in the shop lol.no price on M's until i can slide under one.if BMW was foolish enough to overlook that and the subframes are the same, it should be pretty damn close.
    I want a driveshaft loop too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I want a driveshaft loop too.
    easy.i attached a pic of the last bike build i did @ my previous day job (until the economy nose dived and someone got sorta "shoved" into their own business by becoming graciously unemployed lol).spent a little over a year on that thing.regardless, it's an example of the sort of things i'm capable of/attention to detail...can't hide anything in that business,especially for the $312k that ended up costing the guy.i have spent between then and now providing the 4th gen supra community with goodies/etc.i do exhaust,rollcages from scratch,engine/turbo system building/tuning...well,pretty much everything but paint and bodywork.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

No,its much more than that. The extra pieces aren't pictured for anti-copying reasons,in process of applying for an application patent(i've already had designs for other vehicles pirated in the past,hence the precautionary measures).if you look hard enough at the undercar video,you could figure it out if you're in the know...
    so
    just to clarify, it's rear subframe (all 4?) bushings as well as special diff mounts and bracing?

or is it a 'we'll find out soon enough Click here to enlarge )?

Click here to enlarge

if they're rsf bushings, i won't bother getting powerflexes then, if these are better with no more nvh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

easy.i attached a pic of the last bike build i did @ my previous day job (until the economy nose dived and someone got sorta "shoved" into their own business by becoming graciously unemployed lol).spent a little over a year on that thing.regardless, it's an example of the sort of things i'm capable of/attention to detail...can't hide anything in that business,especially for the $312k that ended up costing the guy.i have spent between then and now providing the 4th gen supra community with goodies/etc.i do exhaust,rollcages from scratch,engine/turbo system building/tuning...well,pretty much everything but paint and bodywork.
    You need a bigger picture for a $312k build to show off!

I just want your wheel hop kit and a driveshaft loop and I'm happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    so
    just to clarify, it's rear subframe (all 4?) bushings as well as special diff mounts and bracing?

or is it a 'we'll find out soon enough Click here to enlarge )?

Click here to enlarge

if they're rsf bushings, i won't bother getting powerflexes then, if these are better with no more nvh?
    yeah,powerflexes help,but do not solve the problem.your barking up the right tree with the first bit(and you shall find out soon enough).it's all 6061 T-6 aluminum,the nvh bit has been discussed earlier in thread. there isnt any to speak of in all of the testing ive done so far,and i don't expect that it will be a complaint as long as your subframe to body bushings remain stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

it's becoming apparent that i need to get the appropriate M car in here for chassis comparisons/fitment.it's on the list(just remember im only one guy with alot of ideasClick here to enlarge)...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Whats your location? My car is a weekend car now, I'm sure I can pass up a few midnight races to help test fit a solution

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

yeah,powerflexes help,but do not solve the problem.your barking up the right tree with the first bit(and you shall find out soon enough).it's all 6061 T-6 aluminum,the nvh bit has been discussed earlier in thread. there isnt any to speak of in all of the testing ive done so far,and i don't expect that it will be a complaint as long as your subframe to body bushings remain stock.
    sounds good

i'm also talking about http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E87-1...0572c9e&_uhb=1 - just to make sure we're on the same page Click here to enlarge

ohkay, well i'll keep my eye on anythign posted about this, so i can find out exactly what it is, and if i want to buy it Click here to enlarge

I'm also guessing this is more of something for the guys that go to the 1/4 mile/launch their cars, more than a circuit guy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

haven't been under a M3 to verify yet.oh,and the video was graciously made for me by my customer who patiently underwent product development,I hold no responsibility to content therein Click here to enlarge
    Ah, a counter offer...in that case, I'll settle for the diff brace piece, since I have Powerflex diff bushings already! Click here to enlarge

PS, I'm 99.99999% the M3 diff bushings and # of mounting points (3) are the same as the 335, as the M3 bushings were explored by some of the 335 guys as an upgrade, and they were found to be identical. If it's at all helpful, here's a diagram of the M3 subframe from RealOEM...

Click here to enlarge

PS, that bike you built is $#@!ing bonkers. Sticky is right, posting one tiny pic is being a cocktease. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Yeah that was me Click here to enlarge I've seen you post a few times around, very envious of your stable btw. Tell ya what, let me tool around in the Z8 for a bit and I'll buy you a set out of my pocket. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! I've been known to be liberal with the keys to respectful guys...Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    I thought you don't have wheelhop now Click here to enlarge
    LOL, that was a vid from when I had a totally bone stock suspension...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

sounds good

i'm also talking about http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E87-1...0572c9e&_uhb=1 - just to make sure we're on the same page Click here to enlarge

ohkay, well i'll keep my eye on anythign posted about this, so i can find out exactly what it is, and if i want to buy it Click here to enlarge

I'm also guessing this is more of something for the guys that go to the 1/4 mile/launch their cars, more than a circuit guy?
    it's good for any incarnation of racing or street use.final test fitting has been scheduled for the 26th,production will begin shortly thereafter.expect to see them becoming available next month,the kits will include instructions and necessary hardware. also,i have not tested nvh with those actual subframe bushings in the link,i would assume that they would increase nvh regardless of whether or not the diff kit was installed if these chassis react the same to those bushings as other irs cars i'm accustomed to...
    Last edited by rick@defiv; 11-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Whats your location? My car is a weekend car now, I'm sure I can pass up a few midnight races to help test fit a solution
    Doylestown,PA(bucks county)...about an hour north of philly.if the posted parts diagram of the rear subframe by defactoM6 is accurate,then it would possibly require modifications to just one bracket to compensate for the finned M diff cover. Im actually shocked that BMW would have overlooked that and used the 335 style of mounting...puzzling.you'd think they would've known better in that application.PM me if you want to work out details

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

do you have a one or two piece driveshaft? obviously you'll want bolt in;NHRA mandates the driveshaft loop must be within 6" of the back of the front driveshaft joint,so perhaps something that bolts in using the existing crossmember bolts if the layout permits.looks like an M will be around soon enough for further inspection into the matter...stay tunedClick here to enlarge
    if you google "roll-x trike" you'll get all kinds of images to check out
    Last edited by rick@defiv; 11-14-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

no lock washers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    no lock washers?
    X grade minimal thread length w drilled shanks,castellated nuts,cotter pins and AN flat washers in all applicable areas where factory hardware isn't reused or metric threads aren't required...if you're referring to the kit..no lock washers lol, that wouldn't fall into "spec" for those who have a fondness for flying/racing in stressed applicationsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

X grade minimal thread length w drilled shanks,castellated nuts,cotter pins and AN flat washers in all applicable areas where factory hardware isn't reused or metric threads aren't required...if you're referring to the kit..no lock washers lol, that wouldn't fall into "spec" for those who have a fondness for flying/racing in stressed applicationsClick here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...0&d=1352835598

So just this nut is all that is holding it? I am not attacking your design, just curious.

What grade hardware are you using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...0&d=1352835598

So just this nut is all that is holding it? I am not attacking your design, just curious.

What grade hardware are you using?
    that picture is of the factory rear driver's side mount bolt and factory nut which has a locking style built in washer on that particular nut. If you go back and look closely at the original pic i posted,that assembly is the largest bushing and the large flat piece is it's interlocking end cap.those two peices are interlocking,you can see the raised portion of the bushing that mates to the rear piece.the end cap is also recessed to accept the factory hardware with proper thread engagement.the pieces that aren't shown are for the other side,that's where nothing existed in factory form and the x grade hardware is employed,it's not shown intentionally,as stated previously it will be shown after application patent is applied for(next month). If you've ever had an idea or design ripped off before, you could sympathize with my cautious approach at dumping the whole thing online for the taking before i've had a chance to start production. I have two of those instances under my belt, i'm taking care this time to avoid a 3rd. I apologize for any confusion that may be causing. the whole enchilada will be available for viewing/owning pleasure shortly.stock hardware has to be used in factory mounting zones due to special hardware used by BMW,changing that would negate the whole "bolt-in" approach,also factory bolt strength becomes less of a concern when all diff movement is eliminated and spread equally.long winded,but hopefully that answers any current questions in regards to thatClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

it's good for any incarnation of racing or street use.final test fitting has been scheduled for the 26th,production will begin shortly thereafter.expect to see them becoming available next month,the kits will include instructions and necessary hardware. also,i have not tested nvh with those actual subframe bushings in the link,i would assume that they would increase nvh regardless of whether or not the diff kit was installed if these chassis react the same to those bushings as other irs cars i'm accustomed to...
    Ah on so your kit doesn't include THOSE subframe bushings (4, 2 front 2 rear)- thts all i wanted to know thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

that picture is of the factory rear driver's side mount bolt and factory nut which has a locking style built in washer on that particular nut. If you go back and look closely at the original pic i posted,that assembly is the largest bushing and the large flat piece is it's interlocking end cap.those two peices are interlocking,you can see the raised portion of the bushing that mates to the rear piece.the end cap is also recessed to accept the factory hardware with proper thread engagement.the pieces that aren't shown are for the other side,that's where nothing existed in factory form and the x grade hardware is employed,it's not shown intentionally,as stated previously it will be shown after application patent is applied for(next month). If you've ever had an idea or design ripped off before, you could sympathize with my cautious approach at dumping the whole thing online for the taking before i've had a chance to start production. I have two of those instances under my belt, i'm taking care this time to avoid a 3rd. I apologize for any confusion that may be causing. the whole enchilada will be available for viewing/owning pleasure shortly.stock hardware has to be used in factory mounting zones due to special hardware used by BMW,changing that would negate the whole "bolt-in" approach,also factory bolt strength becomes less of a concern when all diff movement is eliminated and spread equally.long winded,but hopefully that answers any current questions in regards to thatClick here to enlarge

Completely understand. Thanks for working to bring a new product to the market!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Ah on so your kit doesn't include THOSE subframe bushings (4, 2 front 2 rear)- thts all i wanted to know thanks Click here to enlarge
    no,it does include all the bushings that mount the diff to the subframe, after production begins i will run off sets for those of you with solid bushings already
    Last edited by rick@defiv; 11-14-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Completely understand. Thanks for working to bring a new product to the market!
    my pleasure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

no,it does include all the bushings that mount the diff to the subframe, after production begins i will run off sets for those of you with solid bushings already
    Ah sorry, i was talking about the bushings in my link - the subframe to chassis bushings.

so this kit is JUST the diff stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Ah sorry, i was talking about the bushings in my link - the subframe to chassis bushings.

so this kit is JUST the diff stuff
    it is a replacement for all factory diff bushings plus an additional support apparatus which is not shown,not the subframe to chassis,correct

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast