Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 193
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    declred war with noone, no, but declared war on a particular sect, yes. IIRC, i was not allowed to shoot every person in sight in any country ive been to. well, i take that back Iraq in 03 was damn near fair game, however, geneva convetion still held critical points in what you can and cant do in a foreign country. now, the ROE are so inhibiting its impossible to legally defend yourself and not lose a friend in the process. Im pretty sure the US has some fairly specific documents outlining a persons rights as an American. That goes true for no matter physical location they are in. Unless said american meets the ROE at that specific time, it is illegal. take the Major whatever his name is fuknuts from ft hood. he is american AND a terrorist. he should have been shot on the spot, but wasnt, so now gets his due process. should be quick if obamapolitics werent involved, but he gets it either way, as he should

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    who gives Osamo the right to play god.
    This is a problem and he wages war without declaring it essentially.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    When was the last time the US was invaded?

    Now once we answer the obvious, answer this question. Name the last 5 countries invaded by the US? Make no mistake we are the worlds biggest and most powerful bully bar none.

    Here's another set of questions. Name one country with a functioning military base in the US? How many countries does the US have military bases in?

    POTUS regardless of who it is can if they have actionable intelligence take any number of actions including killing. If its deemed a threat to security of this nation. Bush and Cheney were buck wild with that $#@! and nobody had an issue with it. If dont like Obama's actions then you gotta hate Bush he went much further with spying on US citizens, detainment and so on. So lets call it what it is, some folks dont like President Obama yet somehow he's reelected.

    LostMarine has been in WAR how many here can say that? How many of you can say you have served at all or worked in Law Enforcement? If Steve is given an order he follows it to a T whether he likes it or not, whether he likes Obama or not. Its not an option and I think folks overlook this frequently with our Military members. They are a blunt instrument who's purpose is to destroy, conquer and control. And yes if the Canadian Prime Minister got beside themselves and did something that threatened national security they could find themselves in a bad way. Its highly, highly unlikely but yes it is possible.

    My point is simple WAR is ugly and nasty. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan made tough calls they are all still walking free and the reason is obvious. They committed no crimes!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    They committed no crimes!
    When you decide what the crimes are it's easy to simply say everything you do is legal.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When you decide what the crimes are it's easy to simply say everything you do is legal.
    Perhaps, perhaps not... But seeing as how no sitting or previous US President has been tried in for International war crimes I'd say thats an International view/opinion not an issue of US law.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps, perhaps not... But seeing as how no sitting or previous US President has been tried in for International war crimes I'd say thats an International view/opinion not an issue of US law.
    Who the hell is going to try a US President? You aren't tried for war crimes when you are on the winning/powerful side. Stalin wasn't, that makes him what, good?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell is going to try a US President? You aren't tried for war crimes when you are on the winning/powerful side. Stalin wasn't, that makes him what, good?
    There you go deviating again cause your point is lost. So you're comparing a US President with Stalin? Actually dont bother answering its not worth my time. I made my point in the last post, it stands!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    There you go deviating again cause your point is lost. So you're comparing a US President with Stalin? Actually dont bother answering its not worth my time. I made my point in the last post, it stands!
    Haha wow. Uh it isn't deviating to say people who have committed war crimes haven't been tried for the. War crimes don't become war crimes only once there is a trial. Your doesn't doesn't stand, it makes no sense and is completely illogical.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Well lets see, the last time the us was invaded...that would be 1812 when canada marched to the us capital And burned it to the ground.

    i have a better question, name the last war after ww2 that the Americans won.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    i have a better question, name the last war after ww2 that the Americans won.
    Cold War.

    Grenada.

    Panama.

    Persian Gulf War.

    Haiti.

    Dominated in Kosovo.

    Plenty of victories and it is the strongest military in the world by far, not even close really. Nation building is a whole different matter.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    When was the last time the US was invaded?

    Now once we answer the obvious, answer this question. Name the last 5 countries invaded by the US? Make no mistake we are the worlds biggest and most powerful bully bar none.

    Here's another set of questions. Name one country with a functioning military base in the US? How many countries does the US have military bases in?

    POTUS regardless of who it is can if they have actionable intelligence take any number of actions including killing. If its deemed a threat to security of this nation. Bush and Cheney were buck wild with that $#@! and nobody had an issue with it. If dont like Obama's actions then you gotta hate Bush he went much further with spying on US citizens, detainment and so on. So lets call it what it is, some folks dont like President Obama yet somehow he's reelected.

    LostMarine has been in WAR how many here can say that? How many of you can say you have served at all or worked in Law Enforcement? If Steve is given an order he follows it to a T whether he likes it or not, whether he likes Obama or not. Its not an option and I think folks overlook this frequently with our Military members. They are a blunt instrument who's purpose is to destroy, conquer and control. And yes if the Canadian Prime Minister got beside themselves and did something that threatened national security they could find themselves in a bad way. Its highly, highly unlikely but yes it is possible.

    My point is simple WAR is ugly and nasty. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan made tough calls they are all still walking free and the reason is obvious. They committed no crimes!
    very well said!! Its so easy for everyone to sit around safe and sound behind there computers and pass judgement!! I dont run the country but I do run a business and some times I have to make uncomfortable decisions that are good for the company but bad for an individual, sometimes i have to fire a guy that i know needs the money to cut cost. But when im wrong it costs us money or a sale, if our president is wrong it can cost blood to spill on U.S soil and it his job to prevent that!! Some times the best defense is a good offense, so if he is aggressively seeking out terrorist and potential threats i think that makes him a GREAT leader. And I also understand in an effort to keep us safe you will have to do some wrong to others, and remember hesitating to take action against a potential threat and god forbid one of those threats happen, it would be a failure on his watch!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    But when im wrong it costs us money or a sale, if our president is wrong it can cost blood to spill on U.S soil and it his job to prevent that!!
    Glad you bought into the security hype machine and are willing to sacrifice due process for American citizens for it. They just keep whittling our rights away. Awesome, now the president can kill you if he simply wants to and if he's wrong... well, oops it *could* have saved lives or something is the justification.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Glad you bought into the security hype machine and are willing to sacrifice due process for American citizens for it. They just keep whittling our rights away. Awesome, now the president can kill you if he simply wants to and if he's wrong... well, oops it *could* have saved lives or something is the justification.
    Naively you act as though American lives have not been sacrificed in the name of "Security" for centuries... SMH
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Typical American mentalilty, Our laws is the worlds law, and we can brake our law if and when we want to, we can brake anyones laws if we want to because we are America.

    How many American lives are being put at risk by the endless flow of drugs coming form south America into the US (mainly from Mexico). Why doesnt the US start bombing Mexico. More people die in the US because of drugs or drug related crime every year than have died because of terrorist acts in the last decade.

    More people have actually died because of US military action abroad than Americans killed by terrorist acts EVER, come to think of it More US servicemen and women have been killed in action in the past 10 years than by all terrorist acts against US civilians.

    But I guess Mexico is too close to home, someone might actually see the breach of international law and human rights which is associated with any modern US operaton abroad.

    I actually feel very sorry for anyone having to fight in Irak or Afganistan, because it is for absalutely nothing. These two invasions along with the Libya, Egypt and Syria proxy wars fueled by US inteligence, knowledge and weapons will only create more anti US sentiment and in the end leave potential terrorists with their pockets full of high power weapons which might be used in the future to kill.
    Last edited by M3GTtt; 11-13-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Typical American mentalilty, Our laws is the worlds law, and we can brake our law if and when we want to, we can brake anyones laws if we want to because we are America.

    How many American lives are being put at risk by the endless flow of drugs coming form south America into the US (mainly from Mexico). Why doesnt the US start bombing Mexico. More people die in the US because of drugs or drug related crime every year than have died because of terrorist acts in the last decade.

    More people have actually died because of US military action abroad than Americans killed by terrorist acts EVER, come to think of it More US servicemen and women have been killed in action in the past 10 years than by all terrorist acts against US civilians.

    But I guess Mexico is too close to home, someone might actually see the breach of international law and human rights which is associated with any modern US operaton abroad.

    I actually feel very sorry for anyone having to fight in Irak or Afganistan, because it is for absalutely nothing. These two invasions along with the Libya, Egypt and Syria proxy wars fueled by US inteligence, knowledge and weapons will only create more anti US sentiment and in the end leave potential terrorists with their pockets full of high power weapons which might be used in the future to kill.
    Spot on. The law of the US is completely irrelevant in another country.

    ...love the US Intelligence comment...who put Sadaam in power...the US. Who originally put Bid Laden into a position of strength...the US.

    Because of the bully approach, your own citizens are at risk when then travel. A perfect example of this is the number of us citizens who travel with a Canadian flag on their luggage so they get treated better.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,245
    Rep Points
    6,792.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    A perfect example of this is the number of us citizens who travel with a Canadian flag on their luggage so they get treated better.
    And that works?
    Probably only as long as you don't speak Click here to enlarge
    Once you start talking an American accent can be recognised almost instantly.
    But realistically , only 5% of the world population lives in the USA.
    Why does your president decides who to attack and kill worldwide?
    Not to say anything against Obama. In my belief the USA and the world would have been far worse off military wise if Romney was elected.
    Just in principle. Who declared the USA the "keeper of worldpeace (in the USA)" and by that declaration gave your country a Do Not Go To Jail card to kill any world citicen?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    David...not my president. I am Canadian.

    The funny thing is that I was having dinner one night in geneva and the exact comment you made was made by one of the servers. Once the American speaks, you know instantly they are not Canadian!
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,245
    Rep Points
    6,792.4
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    David...not my president. I am Canadian.
    My appologies. I didn't know.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Typical American mentalilty, Our laws is the worlds law, and we can brake our law if and when we want to, we can brake anyones laws if we want to because we are America.

    How many American lives are being put at risk by the endless flow of drugs coming form south America into the US (mainly from Mexico). Why doesnt the US start bombing Mexico. More people die in the US because of drugs or drug related crime every year than have died because of terrorist acts in the last decade.

    More people have actually died because of US military action abroad than Americans killed by terrorist acts EVER, come to think of it More US servicemen and women have been killed in action in the past 10 years than by all terrorist acts against US civilians.

    But I guess Mexico is too close to home, someone might actually see the breach of international law and human rights which is associated with any modern US operaton abroad.

    I actually feel very sorry for anyone having to fight in Irak or Afganistan, because it is for absalutely nothing. These two invasions along with the Libya, Egypt and Syria proxy wars fueled by US inteligence, knowledge and weapons will only create more anti US sentiment and in the end leave potential terrorists with their pockets full of high power weapons which might be used in the future to kill.
    Well stated. Another example of failed policy, the War on Drugs. Another scandal (Fast & Furious) that this administration won't be held to answer to. Our prisons are full from people being locked up over prohibition of drugs, and countless people have died in Mexico due to the wars between the cartels there. And sadly we need only look back to the early 20th century to see the failure of alcohol prohibition, and how that black market gave rise to organized crime and killings in the streets such as we have today with the drug war.

    I can't wait to see the Federal response to the legalizations that happened in CO and WA.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No


    This says it all.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Naively you act as though American lives have not been sacrificed in the name of "Security" for centuries... SMH
    You still don't seem to understand basic concepts like due process and using executive orders to kill American citizens. You don't see the problem or the slippery slope, kind of sad.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Typical American mentalilty, Our laws is the worlds law, and we can brake our law if and when we want to, we can brake anyones laws if we want to because we are America.

    How many American lives are being put at risk by the endless flow of drugs coming form south America into the US (mainly from Mexico). Why doesnt the US start bombing Mexico. More people die in the US because of drugs or drug related crime every year than have died because of terrorist acts in the last decade.

    More people have actually died because of US military action abroad than Americans killed by terrorist acts EVER, come to think of it More US servicemen and women have been killed in action in the past 10 years than by all terrorist acts against US civilians.

    But I guess Mexico is too close to home, someone might actually see the breach of international law and human rights which is associated with any modern US operaton abroad.

    I actually feel very sorry for anyone having to fight in Irak or Afganistan, because it is for absalutely nothing. These two invasions along with the Libya, Egypt and Syria proxy wars fueled by US inteligence, knowledge and weapons will only create more anti US sentiment and in the end leave potential terrorists with their pockets full of high power weapons which might be used in the future to kill.
    Well said but some of these people can't grasp the broader picture. It isn't ok to do whatever you want and always use "safety" as an excuse.

    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait to see the Federal response to the legalizations that happened in CO and WA.
    They are already fighting it. Pharmaceutical companies don't like competition.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They are already fighting it. Pharmaceutical companies don't like competition.
    ... And companies that build prisons like to stay in business. And local police departments like to have Federal dollars.

    The governor here in CO has already all but knuckled under to Holder by asking whether the Feds would allow legalization to occur. Someone missed class the day they covered the Tenth Amendment.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't think anyone pays attention to the Constitution or amendments period anymore. I mean hey, you can invade countries without even consulting congress today and assassinate whomever you want. They don't have time to be bothered with things like legality. It's all fine apparently as long as a president isn't charged for war crimes lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •