Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Why would you write a review before you drove it over 5k.




  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    better than 100 miles, then review, and then blown turbos, we've seen that before...

    But its called an initial impression. We know what RBs can do in the long run, 500+ HP, world record setting performance, ect. I think most people want to hear what its like as soon as they are in so you have a good foundation to compare to stockers from.

    @cstavaru did your custom mapping help with the "lag" you thought you had?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @cstavaru did your custom mapping help with the "lag" you thought you had?
    Yes, it's much better now. There is only a hint of "softness" at low RPMs.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    better than 100 miles, then review, and then blown turbos, we've seen that before...

    But its called an initial impression. We know what RBs can do in the long run, 500+ HP, world record setting performance, ect. I think most people want to hear what its like as soon as they are in so you have a good foundation to compare to stockers from.

    @cstavaru did your custom mapping help with the "lag" you thought you had?


    From now on every time you post the same $#@! I will post the same $#@!.




  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tRPhxm41I

    From now on every time you post the same $#@! I will post the same $#@!.
    well, that wouldnt be cool, i mean this is an RB turbo thread.. I had RBs, the OP has RBs, in fact, anyone that wants to buy RBs can buy them now.. what good is it to troll me? usually doesnt work out well..

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well, that wouldnt be cool, i mean this is an RB turbo thread.. I had RBs, the OP has RBs, in fact, anyone that wants to buy RBs can buy them now.. what good is it to troll me? usually doesnt work out well..
    because you say the same thing in every damn thread, just put it in your signature and then dont repeat it again.

    We all know there is no other hybrid option currently.




  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I dont say the same thing in every thread. i never brought up the fact that my old RB car got famous for running down Byzantines Lambo, or a BPU 2JZ Supra..

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I dont say the same thing in every thread. i never brought up the fact that my old RB car got famous for running down Byzantines Lambo, or a BPU 2JZ Supra..
    Famous? Easy there cowboy.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Famous? Easy there cowboy.
    1/2 million views on youtube is nothing to scoff at Click here to enlarge pretty sure it was the most talked about N54 video for many many months. It also skyrocketed the awareness of what a certain tune/hardware combo can do Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    you remind me of the BuraQ, he used to brag about dinan constantly. Also the video got a half million views because it had the words Lamborghini in it, also it was very well put together.




  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry but the last few posts should be deleted, in my humble opinion. I was hoping that this thread would contain very useful information which I was willing to post as I progressed with the tuning.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Sorry but the last few posts should be deleted, in my humble opinion. I was hoping that this thread would contain very useful information which I was willing to post as I progressed with the tuning.
    Deleting posts goes against the spirit of the forum.

    As you progress with the tuning and post updates, I'll clean the thread up or move the pertinent posts to a new thread.

    For now, as the guys talk, it only gets more views and interests in your thread. People like to talk, let them.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Deleting posts goes against the spirit of the forum.

    As you progress with the tuning and post updates, I'll clean the thread up or move the pertinent posts to a new thread.

    For now, as the guys talk, it only gets more views and interests in your thread. People like to talk, let them.
    It should be about the quality of the posts not the quantity. The good stuff gets muddled and lost in the confusion of the bickering short bus pile up.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It should be about the quality of the posts not the quantity. The good stuff gets muddled and lost in the confusion of the bickering short bus pile up.
    As I already said, when the updates are posted I'll move the pertinent posts where they need to go or move the OT posts. In the meantime, people can talk.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If we are talking about "quality" of a "review" post, maybe you should take the car past 5k, and maybe post dyno results and 1/4 mile times. Until then you're just telling us that you bough stuff for your car.




  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    If we are talking about "quality" of a "review" post, maybe you should take the car past 5k, and maybe post dyno results and 1/4 mile times. Until then you're just telling us that you bough stuff for your car.
    I really don't know what is your problem. There are so many aspects of installing a set of upgraded turbos: installation experience, costs, lag, driveability, pitfalls to avoid, etc. I covered so many aspects, and also I have published Cobb maps for the turbos, virtual dynos (to redline), etc.

    Your comments are absolutely stunning. I don't know from where you landed in this thread, really. I think you have "issues" Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Keep the good stuff coming. I enjoyed reading your review/impressions as RBs will go in my car shortly. If my car was a 6MT I'd try out your maps but my car is an auto.

    Greets,

    Christian
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Sorry but the last few posts should be deleted, in my humble opinion. I was hoping that this thread would contain very useful information which I was willing to post as I progressed with the tuning.
    i agree.. but again, trolls will be trolls

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Maybe with enough work. But certain things on the boost control end are a major pita on the flash only end. And you won't have all the in dash gauges, map switching on the fly, meth support, and other nifty features. I personally set my JB4 to show boost and advance in dash while at full throttle. From my perspective you're already in $5k or whatever it is so another $500 isn't going to break you and there are some nice benefits to be had.
    I still disagree with you saying boost control is a PITA as I can dial it in without any issue. Some trial and error is involved but not difficult by any means. The JB4 becomes necessary though on RB turbos for other reasons, namely running more than 18.6 psi.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I really don't know what is your problem. There are so many aspects of installing a set of upgraded turbos: installation experience, costs, lag, driveability, pitfalls to avoid, etc. I covered so many aspects, and also I have published Cobb maps for the turbos, virtual dynos (to redline), etc.

    Your comments are absolutely stunning. I don't know from where you landed in this thread, really. I think you have "issues" Click here to enlarge
    OP, if you bought RBs to run them only on pump gas you wasted your money imo. The CR on the block simply can't stand being pushed without a ton of octane.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    298
    Rep Points
    272.3
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    OP, if you bought RBs to run them only on pump gas you wasted your money imo. The CR on the block simply can't stand being pushed without a ton of octane.
    I got 57whp over my best 98RON map with stock turbos, and 30whp over my best methanol result (which resulted in 118mph trap speed at the track). If you would like to call this a waste of money it's your opinion which no one would probably share.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I still disagree with you saying boost control is a PITA as I can dial it in without any issue. Some trial and error is involved but not difficult by any means. The JB4 becomes necessary though on RB turbos for other reasons, namely running more than 18.6 psi.
    This is only true in the case of automatic transmissions as the transmission computer starts to intervene at higher than 18.5-19psi of load. @Josh@Cobb is working on 6AT support for boost higher than 1.28bar. Until then the manuals are the only ones privy to running higher load targets but -> I wouldn't personally recommend running the RBs or any hybrids higher than 18.5-19psi anyways with taper past 6k rpm if you want your setup to last due to the small exhaust housings and tons of backpressure up past 6k.

    Again, boost control is really not a PITA. I see this coming up quite often. Its not as easy as putting in Xpsi but with a bit of guidance and practice on the road it is very workable.

    However, on the JB4, its one size fits all boost control approach that allows for auto learning which is great BUT it doesn't allow the end user to fine tune the boost control to their liking and deal with things such as slight under targeting/overshoot which happens more often than not. That's also not to say that this is easy to do with ATR/ATP, it requires tuning/time, but the support is there. Different strokes for different folks as always.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-23-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    trunk kit makes the hassles of meth much less annoying though... larger tank, much more consistant flow when its gravity fed and contantly priming itself... I have grown to despite my WW meth kit due to flow always craping out and needing priming. I am done with it, havent used meth in weeks as I wait to install my trunk tank which i hope to get done sunday,,,

    Once the trunk kit is in, its more or less just fill and use,,, and with a 2.2 gal tank it should last a bit longer than usual. I can just top off on the weekends...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This is only true in the case of automatic transmissions as the transmission computer starts to intervene at higher than 18.5-19psi of load. @Josh@Cobb is working on 6AT support for boost higher than 1.28bar. Until then the manuals are the only ones privy to running higher load targets but -> I wouldn't personally recommend running the RBs or any hybrids higher than 18.5-19psi anyways with taper past 6k rpm if you want your setup to last due to the small exhaust housings and tons of backpressure up past 6k.

    Again, boost control is really not a PITA. I see this coming up quite often. Its not as easy as putting in Xpsi but with a bit of guidance and practice on the road it is very workable.

    However, on the JB4, its one size fits all boost control approach that allows for auto learning which is great BUT it doesn't allow the end user to fine tune the boost control to their liking and deal with things such as slight under targeting/overshoot which happens more often than not. Different strokes for different folks.
    So we can target more than 18.6 psi in ATR? thats news to me. Maybe YOU can. Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    trunk kit makes the hassles of meth much less annoying though... larger tank, much more consistant flow when its gravity fed and contantly priming itself... I have grown to despite my WW meth kit due to flow always craping out and needing priming. I am done with it, havent used meth in weeks as I wait to install my trunk tank which i hope to get done sunday,,,

    Once the trunk kit is in, its more or less just fill and use,,, and with a 2.2 gal tank it should last a bit longer than usual. I can just top off on the weekends...
    Having run the washer fluid tank setup myself for a while, as well as trying the WW setup I can't agree more. Some people have no issues but I know more of the guys that have to keep re-priming and have issues with flow consistency between fill ups than not. A trunk mounted tank with the pump right next to it, gravity fed, and a baffled tank along with compression fittings (a la Aquamist) is definitely the absolute best hassle free way of running meth period. It takes considerably longer to install but that's where dealing with your meth kit flow problems stops.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-23-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •