Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @NikB316 might still have his E92 M3 with the Rotrex
    still does

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yep, still here Click here to enlarge waiting on the LCI M5 so I'll be with the M3 till probably September. I have 29,300 miles on her now and upgraded the blower at 22,xxx in mid Feb. Sure as hell has been a fun 7k miles. FYI bought the car with 12,xxx in late August early September. My commute was nothing back then but now these 100 mile days are really adding up. By the time I sell her in September of this year I'll be at that 40k mile mark! Going to be tough parting with her...this Rotrex blower is amazing on the car. I've enjoyed the past 7k miles with the new blower, rear diff brace & 18" Volks so much more. Lets see what AA can cook up for an F10 M5 Click here to enlarge
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    oh man M5 is awesome man. I am waiting for active to get somethings out already but i pulled a trigger on a exhaust.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zak@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    HKS 8555 is rated at 918 CFM
    Rotrex C38 91/92 is rated at 1205 CFM
    Vortech V3si is rated to 1150 CFM

Don't quote me 100% on those conversions, both manufacturers use some odd-ball flow rates instead of something standard like kg/hr, CFM, or lbs/hr.

The rotrex 92 offers a larger housing, think S-cover in the turbo world. The wheel is not setup any differently but the cover breathes better.

Now the comparison with the Vortech. There are alot of other factors not taken in to account here. These are peak flow numbers but do nothing to reveal how the blower acts in anything other than 100% speed. The wheel geometry can change the dynamics through the blower rev range quite a bit. It is noticeable that the Rotrex/HKS units offer more flow at lower revs than the Vortech, which tends to be a bit peaky. Blowers can be under/over spun etc.
    Quote for reference.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123