Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And if someone intends to act upon anger generated by words they need to be prepared for the consequences of their actions. It works both ways. The thing is, you don't go to jail for what you say but you do depending on how you respond to it.

Lot's to think about.
    As simple as the above post sounds it honestly should be published somewhere.
    It's very well thought out and if you sit back and think about it, it just makes a lot of damn sense.

I've had anger issues in the past and actually used professional fighting as a way to learn to control myself, it has worked wonders.

I always tried to be Mr. "face the consequences of your actions" and although I never got in trouble with the law, I got in trouble with the reality of consequences.... as Sticky said they go BOTH WAYS. Try performing a surgery that requires bang-on precision using a hand that has been involved in multiple episodes of severe trauma... pretty awesome career move Click here to enlarge

As my GF would say: "Making people face the consequences of their decisions isn't your job, anytime anybody tries something outside of their job entitlement it usually leads to trouble"
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As a side note on racism: I'm of a minority group and am not white, but I still feel that people who are "white" also face a lot of racism and really don't have much recourse.

Ex: How common and socially accepted is it to use the term "white boy"? I hear it all the time and often in a derogatory manner.

Referring to the voting situation a lot of people were saying things such as "friggen hick" "friggen white American" to Romney and it was no big deal, why is that?

Racism goes both ways, no we won't ever abolish racism, but we need to open our eyes just a tiny bit wider to look at things more clearly.

POINT # 2: Minority groups want to be equivalent to "white" folks and go through hell to be equivalent, however when it's time to get your own special treatment because you are of a minority group everyyyyyones ready to no longer be equivalent and suddenly become part of the minority. I'm of a minority myself and we fights here for our rights in schools etc.... but then we go open our own private schools only for people of our minority and we expect special treatment/funding because we are from a minority - I don't understand that to be honest.

Also - how about special entry requirements into colleges based on being from a minority group? Is that not a form of discrimination?

Now these aren't some extremist viewpoints I feel all hardcore about, it's just questions I have in my mind and I feel like racism/discrimination exist in many forms and they are used everyday to ones advantage/disadvantage.

I have the upmost respect for females, but I think the same applies to them. They want to be equivalent to men (rightfully so), but when there's an advantage to be gained by being a female they want the female treatment.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    Also - how about special entry requirements into colleges based on being from a minority group? Is that not a form of discrimination?
    It absolutely is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    last 4 years nothing but race this race that ....... next 4 years more of the same bs this stuff really gets old everyone is brainwashed. racism will be around till the end of time and its only getting worse becase of this kind of crap..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not on this list......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123